The Whole Fleet....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MALBAR 70

More Rockets Than Room
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was trying to decide what to bring to LDRS, and since alot of the fleet is boxed up I thought I'd just pull out EVERYTHING. Man it took way longer than I thought to set it all out. I know there's some Mid and HPR rockets in the pics, but the majority is LPR so I decided to post this here.
I lost count around 153 but I'm going to guess about 180-195.

The Whole Fleet 001.jpg

The Whole Fleet 002.jpg

The Whole Fleet 003.jpg

The Whole Fleet 004.jpg

The Whole Fleet 007.jpg

The Whole Fleet 008.jpg

The Whole Fleet 018.jpg

The Whole Fleet 027.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed taking my time trying to identifying each model in that huge collection and occasionally telling myself... "I have that one."

My wife thought that was a great idea, but she said two for a buck.

The actual background story is that my next door neighbor's daughter dropped by to get her clothes out of her father's house and had hung them up on their clothesline (outside in front of the house) to air out. The neighbor on the other side of them (a real prankster) took all the clothes when they weren't looking and left $1 clipped to the line with a note "Thanks for the yard sale!". The daughter almost went ballistic and was going to call the police when the naughty neighbor came out laughing. :)

Back on the subject, here's what I did when I was in a similar recent situation...

1) knock out any small rockets you can launch off your yard/neighborhood park (ex. that Odd'l Squat and the Quest probes) - unless they're really cool somehow and you want to share the love (ex. Estes porta pot shot :D).
2) Separate them out into LP and HP and then choose the favorites you want from there and maybe a few new ones you haven't launched yet, but want to and feel good about their air-worthiness. Also choose based on wind forecast for that day. :flyingpig:
3) Figure out realistically how many rockets you think you can launch and add ~20%, then set aside time to prep and fill out flight cards, etc. if possible...best/favorites first.
4) Send remaining rockets to me. :)

BTW - Not to downplay the other great rockets, but nice Indigo! I have pics of mine on Hobbylinc. :)

Last edited:
Either you don't work, or don't sleep!
Where do you find the time to build all these rockets?
How many of them have seen flight?
Launch day must cost you a fortune.
One heck of a nice fleet!
Rock(it)On!!!

Thank you Woody, I work a 3-4, 4-3 12hr night shift (3 days on, 4 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off 12 hrs) so I get a lot of build time in on the weekends. I average about 3 or 4 skill level 1 to 3 a month, with a more difficult build thrown in too.
I think more than half of the fleet has at least one flight on it, I try to fly anything new once.
Yeah, launch day can get expensive... from time to time.;)

Back on the subject, here's what I did when I was in a similar recent situation...

1) knock out any small rockets you can launch off your yard/neighborhood park (ex. that Odd'l Squat and the Quest probes) - unless they're really cool somehow and you want to share the love (ex. Estes porta pot shot :D).
2) Separate them out into LP and HP and then choose the favorites you want from there and maybe a few new ones you haven't launched yet, but want to and feel good about their air-worthiness. Also choose based on wind forecast for that day. :flyingpig:
3) Figure out realistically how many rockets you think you can launch and add ~20%, then set aside time to prep and fill out flight cards, etc. if possible...best/favorites first.
4) Send remaining rockets to me. :)

BTW - Not to downplay the other great rockets, but nice Indigo! I have pics of mine on Hobbylinc. :)

Thanks for the tips, that's basically what I did. ( and yes the Porta-Pot-Shot is coming with us)
I'm bringing the Indigo as well, for it's maiden launch. I've seen the pics on hobbylinc, nice job on your Indigo, the nosecone turned out great.

The actual background story is that my next door neighbor's daughter dropped by to get her clothes out of her father's house and had hung them up on their clothesline (outside in front of the house) to air out. The neighbor on the other side of them (a real prankster) took all the clothes when they weren't looking and left $1 clipped to the line with a note "Thanks for the yard sale!". The daughter almost went ballistic and was going to call the police when the naughty neighbor came out laughing. :)

Great story, gave me a much needed laugh:p

Nice looking fleet :cool:

I'm surprised... With the number of rockets that you and I have in our combined fleets, how few of them are matches. I counted 18 matches, of which probably more than a third I only bought and used for parts.

Last edited:
Wow, what a wonderful collection. They look great, lots of nice models. I don't know how you cannot fly all of them, at least once a month. :)

Thanks for the tips, that's basically what I did. ( and yes the Porta-Pot-Shot is coming with us)
I'm bringing the Indigo as well, for it's maiden launch. I've seen the pics on hobbylinc, nice job on your Indigo, the nosecone turned out great.

So when are you sending me the rest of the rockets? :D

In all seriousness, your collection is much along the lines of mine as well as ones I want/been looking for, but you win in terms of actually having them built. Still trying to get my mitts on a Porta Pot! lol

Thanks for the compliment too! Believe it or not, I still haven't launched the 'digo even though I've brought it along to several launches. Winds seem to pick up each time I'm about ready to launch and I was warned by a former 'digo owner not to launch if there are any winds at all with rockets like this with large mid/forward fins. Notice I said "former"...he kept looking at my 'digo with forlorn eyes. :cry:

Last edited:
Back