Two New Kit offerings from Estes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty cool John. I saw the Sequoia a while back when it first showed up there; interesting but kinda small. The SLV, OTOH, has my attention. It definitely has a Delta or Atlas kind of look to it. What is the ETA?

Nice Job John!

TopRamen's going to love that Sequoia it's got his favorite nosecone IINM.

Me, I'm interested in that SLV...

It'd be cool if Estes could get a their logo painted like that on a real SLV. :wink:

Drool...thinking of possibilities like using outboard C6-0's for boost and air starting a 29mm Skidmark. Nice looking design John!

I wish I could jump on the bandwagon about the SLV, but it doesn't show up now. When I click the link I see three air rockets and the Sequoia, no less, no more (sorry, watching Tombstone for the 5389th time).

I wish I could jump on the bandwagon about the SLV, but it doesn't show up now. When I click the link I see three air rockets and the Sequoia, no less, no more (sorry, watching Tombstone for the 5389th time).

Hmm... the Internet giveth, the Internet taketh away. The SLV and Honest John were there this morning. :eek::confused:

Nice Job John!

TopRamen's going to love that Sequoia it's got his favorite nosecone IINM.

Me, I'm interested in that SLV...

It'd be cool if Estes could get a their logo painted like that on a real SLV. :wink:

I'm hoping that the Sequoia can fit at least an 18mm motor.:wink:
You know, ditch the inner MMT and motor retention hook and just use the Body Tube as the MMT.:)
.5oz. glass cloth on everything and a nice streamer for recovery.

Last edited:
What size is this Honest John? I'm guessing a fair bit bigger than the Mini HoJo... There was nothing about it in the link above, and now even the SLV is gone. I wonder if these are the two that John meant to show us, rather than the Sequoia...

I believe it was just by chance I saw it there and posted the page online. I believe it was just a test to see how it looked on the site. I now believe it wasn't supposed to be seen yet, so don't tell anyone you saw it.

John Boren

I believe it was just by chance I saw it there and posted the page online. I believe it was just a test to see how it looked on the site. I now believe it wasn't supposed to be seen yet, so don't tell anyone you saw it.

John Boren

Saw what? :wink:

Don't see the SLV? You're a daisy if you do.

John Boren

I saw nothink!

(Really. I didn't see it. Wish I did, but no.)

What size is this Honest John? I'm guessing a fair bit bigger than the Mini HoJo... There was nothing about it in the link above, and now even the SLV is gone. I wonder if these are the two that John meant to show us, rather than the Sequoia...
If memory serves, the product description that I didn't see said 1/14 scale, neighborhood of 28 inches tall. A fair bit bigger...

SLV looks good but I'll save my money for an actual scale launch vehicle. Now, the unnamed red and white phantom rocket that doesn't exist, now we're talking......

2c1f36c97df6287c3713e98babb41456.gif

After getting to see the beta (or pre-release trials) one of our visiting fliers had over the last 2 days, the SLV flew great, nice straight boosts and a great look. Too bad I didn't think to take pictures of it, since my canopy/rocket service structure was only about 5 feet away from the SLV. For me the SLV is a must have model now. Nice work JumpJet, since I believe this is one of your designs.

I saw nothink!

(Really. I didn't see it. Wish I did, but no.)

The Sequoia is back on the page...

007238_main.png

007238 - Sequoia™ Description
Skill Level 1

Standing just over 20 inches tall, this mini engine powered rocket packs some punch when launched on an A10-3T. The Sequoia is quick off the launch pad and soars to 350 feet so you better keep your eyes open when it takes off.

Additional Information
Technical Specifications Skill Level 2
Length: 20 in. (50.8 cm), Diameter: .74 in. (19 mm), Estimated Weight: 1.1 oz. (31.2 g), Recovery: 9 (30.5 cm) Parachute

Recommended Engines: A3-4T (first flight), A10-3T

Projected Altitude: 350 ft. (107 m)

The HoJo, at 1:14 would be BT60-based and 23-3/8" long. I was hoping for a PS Series 3"-based kit, but no such luck...

The HoJo, at 1:14 would be BT60-based and 23-3/8" long. I was hoping for a PS Series 3"-based kit, but no such luck...

Didn't he show something like that at conference some time back? NARAM, maybe? It might not have been 3", but was a larger PSII-sized Honest John, and the description of the fight characteristics sounded very cool. It was just a concept in development at the time, and I was hoping this was the release announcement. We shall see.

Back