Purdy sod farm launch June 21

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob jablonski

Reaction score
Curtis posted it but it disappeared with the site maintanence. So I will repost it as only I can butcher the English language. The launch is at the new and bigger recovery area Purdy sod farm. The directions should be on the site now.
It starts from 10:00 EST to 5:00 or when the last rocket go's up. I won't be able to make this one as I haven't figured out how to split myself in 2. But I will be there in July weather permitting.

Thanks Bob. Not only did the thread disappear, but my login would not work for a time, so I could not repost it.

We will miss you this time.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I'd like to report that we had a great day of flying this Fathers Day at our new summer home at Purdy's south Sod Farm! Although the heat and, humidity kept more than a few flyers away (along with the holiday). I would say we got quite a plethora of low to mid power birds into the ever clearing skies throughout the day! :D

A special thanks to all our friends who came out (some from many miles away) to help us and, wow us with some really unique designs too!

Special thoughts go out to our club President Curtis Reynolds who's hometown was part of the really nasty storm that struck parts of west central Indiana today...We heard later that straight line wind speeds of up to 95mph hit not far to our east early this morning. Sounds like everything will be ok...just some big timber down on his land and, time will be needed to clear it away.

Just wasn't the same without "Shorty" there...Hope everything is going better now boss. ;) We'll see you soon!

It was a great location, a great day to shoot of the rockets and shoot the bull, kick off your shoes and run in the sod!

Although, the heat certainly did us in. Maybe next time I will bring an EX up. Can we use anchors in the sod?

It was a great location, a great day to shoot of the rockets and shoot the bull, kick off your shoes and run in the sod!

Although, the heat certainly did us in. Maybe next time I will bring an EX up. Can we use anchors in the sod?

Justin, first off- Thanks again for coming down and, participating in our launch this last Sunday!:D
I don't think the anchors from an EZ Up would cause any issues on the Sod, so please bring one if you need it...
Once again everyone please keep Curtis and, his family in your thoughts. Although he sounds too be ok...having a lot of "Timber Down" on your property is never a good thing.
Upon further inspection today I see I lost a small tree yesterday on my humble Tree Farm. Other than that all is well.
See everyone again soon!;)

Thanks Gus for thinking about me. Finally got power back early this afternoon. At least I can take a shower now, and run the A/C. It will be a few days of chainsaw work just to get everything cut up, burning brush and splitting more.

Sorry I missed the fun, looked like great flying weather. I put together a 29mm spool just waiting for a G sparky.

Next launch is July 12, same bat time, same bat channel.

Back