altus metrum on mac osx

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
I tried to set up a TeleGPS last night and the software seems hopeless on Mac. It runs fine, but the instructions kept talking about some driver being included in the package and I saw no sign of it. So I followed the hopelessly nonspecific directions to an FTDI web site, tried downloading some DD2 driver and some VCP driver, installed one, tried, installed the next, tried again, all to no avail.

Does anyone have Altus software working on a Mac? What in blazes is the real story with the driver?

I use my Telemetrum with a teledongle flawlessly on my Macbook. I didn't download anything but the AltosUI software. Maybe try emailing them and see if they can help you out?

Shoot, I was hoping there was some step everyone else knew about, rather than hearing it simply worked out of the box for them. What versions of AltUI and OSX do you have?

Yes, I will hit up the authors as well.

Shoot, I was hoping there was some step everyone else knew about, rather than hearing it simply worked out of the box for them. What versions of AltUI and OSX do you have?

Yes, I will hit up the authors as well.

Newest version of the software and newest Mac software (I think its yosemite?)

Connor,

Is it starting up or throwing an error on startup? I just tried to download and something is not going well with the .app or download.

Doug

Connor,

Is it starting up or throwing an error on startup? I just tried to download and something is not going well with the .app or download.

Doug

You need to loosen security checks in system preferences, security and privacy, general tab I think.

I got past that hurdle but device communication remains a hurdle.

Yes you have to allow external downloads in security. I can run the software/monitor idle/monitor flight and all the other features just fine as it should.

Not sure how much I can help; Mac OS X is usually not a problem for our devices. Let me know if you're stuck though.

I am also new to the TeleGPS and just got mine up and running the other night. It was straight forward and I have not had any issues, so that will not help you much. I am also running the very latest Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 on a 2013 MacBook Air.

One thing when you connect the TeleGPS to charge and configure, does the system recognize a new USB device connected. Holding down the option key click the apple top left, "System Information" then "System Report" in the system report look for the USB section under "Hardware". The TeleGPS should be listed there under the USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus as TeleGPS-v1.0, assuming you have a USB 3.0 bus and the same TeleGPS I have, which I just purchased.

If it is not there then this is a driver issue that may be caused by something else, such as permissions. One thing to check is the following:

By default Apple has changed the security settings to only allow installation of apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers. To change this permanently or temporarily go to "System Preferences", "Security & Privacy" (top row). On the "General" Tab click the little lock in the lower left corner to unlock the general preference pane. Then select the "Anywhere" radio button beneath "Allow applications downloaded from".

Back