Help 2-Stage Rocket in Rocksim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hball55

Reaction score
I created the Proline Double Shot kit in Rocksim and have designated the second stage mmt (38mm) and the booster mmt (75mm). They have been checked as being motor mounts in Rocksim, yet when I go to load engines it says I have not designated any body tubes as motor mounts and therefore won't let me select motors.

Any ideas?

Do you have a Inner Tube for the Motor? If so bring up the edit box for the Inner Tube click on the Motor tab, and check the box for it to be a motor mount. Repeat for second MMT, also make sure you used the add stage to create your booster. Please post the .ork if this doesnt fix the problem.

Do you have a Inner Tube for the Motor? If so bring up the edit box for the Inner Tube click on the Motor tab, and check the box for it to be a motor mount. Repeat for second MMT, also make sure you used the add stage to create your booster. Please post the .ork if this doesnt fix the problem.

I do have my motor mounts as inside tubes, but where is the add stage selection . . . I see it nowhere. I redid my build and now I can enter motors.

New problem is that in order to run simulations, the booster motor has to have delays in order to affect second stage ignition within the sim, so I can't run any sims with 75mm motors in the booster. At least it works:sad:

Last edited:
I believe the multistage selection is on the properties tab- the one where you put in the name of the rocket. I believe you have to select this before building the rocket.

I believe the multistage selection is on the properties tab- the one where you put in the name of the rocket. I believe you have to select this before building the rocket.

Yes Mark, I found it under rocket attributes . . . thanks all.

New problem is that in order to run simulations, the booster motor has to have delays in order to affect second stage ignition within the sim, so I can't run any sims with 75mm motors in the booster. At least it works:sad:

The "ejection delay" just specifies the delay between burnout and stage separation. If your stages are designed to drag-separate, type "0" into the ejection delay field for the booster. If a timer controls separation, use a non-zero delay instead.

To account for any delay between stage separation and sustainer ignition, type a number into the "ignition delay" field for the sustainer motor.

The "ejection delay" just specifies the delay between burnout and stage separation. If your stages are designed to drag-separate, type "0" into the ejection delay field for the booster. If a timer controls separation, use a non-zero delay instead.

To account for any delay between stage separation and sustainer ignition, type a number into the "ignition delay" field for the sustainer motor.

Is this Rocksim advice? Because from what I see Rocksim doesn't allow you to enter your own numbers in the delay.

Try clicking into the box, deleting the number, typing in the number and hitting enter. It should work as I recall.

Back