• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

30 TEARS OF ROCKETRY ITEMS FOR SALE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketz

Reaction score
BUILT ROCKETS, NEW KITS, NOSE CONES, MOTORS, CASINGS, ELECTRONICS, AND MORE. PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA FORUM (THEN WE CAN EXCHANGE PHONE #'S) AND WE CAN DISCUSS MY INVENTORY

BUILT ROCKETS, NEW KITS, NOSE CONES, MOTORS, CASINGS, ELECTRONICS, AND MORE. PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA FORUM (THEN WE CAN EXCHANGE PHONE #'S) AND WE CAN DISCUSS MY INVENTORY

Interested in motors, casings, electronics pm sent

If the individual was serious he would post his real name and who he has flown with as a starter. That might allow for a little verification. I would also prefer and actual list of stuff he is trying to unload.

Ya more information and proof is needed here buyer beware.

TA

Hey guys... I understand your concern, and it certainly pays to be vigilant. On the other hand, I have to say that we are not coming across as a very welcoming group at this point. It is more likely that the poster is legit than not, but the tone of this thread is turning into a "piling on" mentality. Please, please keep in mind how we wanted to be treated when we were newcomers here.

Cheers,
Michael

Hey guys... I understand your concern, and it certainly pays to be vigilant. On the other hand, I have to say that we are not coming across as a very welcoming group at this point. It is more likely that the poster is legit than not, but the tone of this thread is turning into a "piling on" mentality. Please, please keep in mind how we wanted to be treated when we were newcomers here.

Cheers,
Michael

A first time poster that want to sell things need to put up his bonafides, it's got nothing to do with a warm welcome. A "I know this guy" goes a long way to relieving a persons worries about getting ripped off. eBay doesn't have this problem but here there's no recourse but whining and contacting your card issuer.

I have to agree with you Dave. I belong to other forums where you build reputation points as you mingle with other members on the forum, meet at events, or buy, sell or trade on the forum. Build trust first.

Yeah, someone on some ham radio boards was posting some ridiculous prices for some used radios forsale. Callsign was fictitious. Interesting that the OP posted an inivite to exchange phone #'s. It would seem weird to use a disposable cell phone
for a low dollar corrupt sale if you ask me. "30 years of rocketry stuff" seems kinda weird from someone whose presence on any forum is unknown. Kurt

I agree with everything you said, Dave. I apologize if I came off in the wrong way. When one person posts a warning, I see it as good for the community. When several repeat the same warning...with criticisms thrown in..then I see it as piling on. That's just me.

Cheers,
Michael

Ummm .....you guys are kinda screwing up. That's Jerry he flew with us at O'burg for 4-5yrs & moved back North last year.

I was just talking to him yesterday. He was asking me how to get back on....being new to Forum, can't edit stuff & having trouble remembering log in stuff.
You know how that is when new to something.

Anyhow all you O'burg & North Carolina guys know him! He's been flying rockets for ever, and is just thinning the herd as many are doing these days.

I went over & saw his stash......you would ALL be drooling all over the place. Especially since most of it is being sold at 30-50 off.

Told him today about what's going on here & he will try & get back on soon. The idea was to get folks to PM with inquiry and Phone # so he can call to discuss his list Remember all the kits Dixon did awhile back? 150 I think...well that's just the beginning here.

Not everyone is as astute at selling stuff as some of us are. His Day job leaves not much time for "living" in yard sale to deal with all this, that's why the # thing.

Anyone want a stoopid killer deal on the whole shebang.....contact him...if ya got some Benjamin's laying around. I'll let him come back in & fill in the gaps. Not my place

Yeah, God forbid a rocket guy have misspellings or type in all caps, the stuff must be crap and probably doesn't exist at all. God forbid he doesn't chime in on people's kit build threads daily, he'll probably steal your money!

He's asking to exchange phone numbers, not for a Western Union transfer. It's comical how predictable people's responses are to a Yard Sale thread that isn't a run of the mill item being sold by a frequent poster. Hint, hint - that's usually the stuff worth looking at.

Dismiss my disposition against the knitting club feel of an online portal if you'd like - but the point is valid nonetheless. Just hope none of y'all ever have occasion to do any transactions on Craigslist.

-s

Ummm .....you guys are kinda screwing up. That's Jerry he flew with us at O'burg for 4-5yrs & moved back North last year.

I was just talking to him yesterday. He was asking me how to get back on....being new to Forum, can't edit stuff & having trouble remembering log in stuff.
You know how that is when new to something.

Anyhow all you O'burg & North Carolina guys know him! He's been flying rockets for ever, and is just thinning the herd as many are doing these days.

I went over & saw his stash......you would ALL be drooling all over the place. Especially since most of it is being sold at 30-50 off.

Told him today about what's going on here & he will try & get back on soon. The idea was to get folks to PM with inquiry and Phone # so he can call to discuss his list Remember all the kits Dixon did awhile back? 150 I think...well that's just the beginning here.

Not everyone is as astute at selling stuff as some of us are. His Day job leaves not much time for "living" in yard sale to deal with all this, that's why the # thing.

Anyone want a stoopid killer deal on the whole shebang.....contact him...if ya got some Benjamin's laying around. I'll let him come back in & fill in the gaps. Not my place

Just popping in here and saying I'm new and I got tons of stuff for sale on your first post isn't the best move in my opinion. However, a recommendation from an established forum member makes all the difference in the world. If you know the guy and say he's honest then that is a whole 'nother ball game. Let the feasting begin!

However now that someone has chimed in about the OP a follow up post from him should be better accepted. The first post was kind of a bit worrisome, but with CJ vouching for him the concerns should be somewhat alleviated.

That right there is what we can ask for, someone with the reputation to vouch for the unknown person. There have been other 1st time posters in the Yardsale section but they had the backing of someone known and now this guy does. There have been ripoffs here before but now I don't think that will be the case.

Let the feasting begin :)

He hasn't replied to any of our questions.
Bunch the stuff up and give one good photo would prove and validate "Stuff".
I've been it for 35 years, on n off again, and I wouldn't post anything for sale without pics.
It's a must! Email instead of a phone number is better for sending pics.
If your seriously considering buying from said seller, get a full name & address w/zip.
Look the zip up, call the post office and see what they say.
If it's a PO Box No., don't do it.
Best advice I can offer at this point.
Other send a postal money order and have it as being signed for and show ID.
At least the person that signs for the payment will have to show their ID and it will be on record.

I messaged him, missed a call the other day from an unknown number with no message and no second attempt. Might have been him but probably not.

Jerry called me because CJ referred my name to him. We are discussing a all in sale. We will keep in touch.

Jerry called me because CJ referred my name to him. We are discussing a all in sale. We will keep in touch.

First you bag the nifty Dr. Rocket motors and now this. I see a future for you that involves

• A burlap sack
  • A 75mm-8000N motor
  • Several cinder blocks
  • A fast moving river
:kill:

Back