motor adapter ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
In my searching I was surprised to find out that Aero Pack does not have an adapter assembly for a 54mm to 98mm motor

would using an 54mm to 75mm adapter inserted into a 75mm t0 98mm adapter work ?

Bobby

would using an 54mm to 75mm adapter inserted into a 75mm t0 98mm adapter work ?

Bobby

No
You will have to make something.
98-75 & 75 - 54 are just rings that clamp to motor to center them in tube. There is nothing to insert like smaller adapters.

I made a 75 to 54 by utilizing a 3inch to 54 tailcone. Tailcone is thrust plate. See #8 & 9 for "how to" sticky on top of high power thread.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...-quot-Stock-quot-3IN-DARKSTAR-CJ-Step-By-Step

This is for minimum diam. & has been done on 98's also with tailcone, this one has been adapted down to 54's quite easily. Just use the rings on 54 motor inserted into the 98-75 adapter tube, I made.

You neglect to state what you are using this for. If a large airframe other than minimum....same principle just use standard retainer mounted on thrust plate [Cr] but build like shown. Obviously you would not need recovery harness on large rocket with one built in.

To complete your question..............what are you using this on?
It will help you get better answers if mine does not solve.

Bird Dog, I have a home made 54/98 adapter I will part with. Pretty much as described here. Free. Lemme know.

Jim H

here is what I plan on using it on

I am building a 4 fin 6 inch diameter Black Brant 2 with hawk mountain g12 filament wound airframe. I will be installing a 98mm motor mount so as I progress I can go from 54mm to 75mm to 98mm.

The 54mm I am looking at is a 54mm/2800 case that can take the K1050W or the new L1090W

Bobby

Back