THOY Night Hawk plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PokerJones

Reaction score
I have been out of the loop for about the last 12 years and finally got back in to the hobby and am new on this forum. I'm trying to find plans for one of my favorite rockets as it appears this kit is no longer to be found anywhere on the planet. It is the THOY Night Hawk, 7 29mm motor mount, 4'' BT. Here are some pics of the one I built in '96. Most of it should be easy enough except for the centering rings. Does anyone make a 4" 7 29mm MM besides doing a custom order or is that my only chance? Thanks.

20150529_194340.jpg20150529_194209.jpg

Last edited:
The Stovi is a little smaller at 3" with 7 24's. Looks like a fun kit though, thanks.

Loc must have a typo on their website the picture shows it having 29mm MMTs and requiring 24mm adapters, oh well. I find its more fun to build my own versions of some of the kit rockets.

I agree about building your own. I have enough parts laying around to build about anything, I just need to find these CR's. Any suggestions on who to use? PML is the first one that popped into my head for custom work.

Call Barry a Loc, his 4" Loc Ultimate is what you want. I'm pretty sure he might change the fin pattern for you. It's one of my favorite rockets.

That Ultimate is pretty darn close. I might just buy that kit, hi-jack the CR's and MMT tubes and use the rest for spare parts on another 6 fin rocket. I think we have a winner, thanks Jim.

Last edited:
Back