Missile Works RTx?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure you can plug in coordinates into Google Maps on your iphone... I've done it before when Geocaching...

I feel stupid for asking this because I am sure this has been covered in the 6 or so pages of this thread and I can't find it ... Any indication of price for this little locator system?

Even less if you have the LCD screen or don't need it . deduct 35.00 [using bluetooth to phone & don't need screen] and you can go even lower if GPS is not needed in base....brings it down to low 200's .

Just some options:
There are many ways it can be ordered.
with GPS on base & rocket
No GPS on base , but blue tooth to send data to phone or tablet,laptop.
Gps and bluetooth on base.
LCD for base or without if you have one.
Various radio antenna’s wire…screw terminal for mounting antenna on BP’s etc.
Blue tooth on both rocket GPS & RRC3 so gps can go in nose cone and data from RRC3 will stream wireless to it, then to ground.
Wire harness to connect RRC3 to GPS if both are in same bay.

Why it’s hard to give a price without knowing actual configuration used. They will all be priced as add ons so you can figure it out.

There will be full disclosure on all variations by time of release.

Unless the maker spells out an iPhone app is available, don't count on it. Apple keeps a very tight control over B/T. Me suspects they want to get all the money. Kurt

Buy a cheap android tablet. I own an iphone and ipad and will now own a cheap wifi android table.

If the RTX transmits corr - (which that should be what is displayed) you can enter into iPhone Motion X app.

mDACS KML Export...
Composite Flight and Ground track applied.

Elaine's KML.jpg

The new RTx User Manual is now complete and ready for your downloading pleasure:
https://www.missileworks.com/downloads/

Scroll down on this page and you'll find the new RTx/GPS document section.
More updated documents and a new mDACS app are on the way as we get ready to roll out all the new wares...

Can't wait! Jim, is the previous poster correct that you are looking at availability early May?

Yup... we're transitioning to a new fabricator for this product, so there's been an added collection of steps involved in bringing things to fruition. Our first priority will be to provide finished systems to all those that "pre-bought" during our Cyber Monday Sale last year, so once we've fulfilled this backlog we'll open things up to the community at large.

I saw the production version used yesterday at Red Glare, flight went 11900' and the LCD unit walked the flyer right to the rocket which was 3800' from the pad. This looks like a winner.

I saw the production version used yesterday at Red Glare, flight went 11900' and the LCD unit walked the flyer right to the rocket which was 3800' from the pad. This looks like a winner.

Any GPS tracking device that works like that is a winner. Adds an extra bit of recovery insurance on flights that go
out of sight for a protracted period of time. Kurt

Hah. That was my Frenzy XL on a CTI L395 mellow. Actual attitude was 11,800 feet (RRC3: 11,750. Pico AA2: 11,850). The GPS was awesome. One straight line to the rocket. Thanks the Jim Amos for a really cool system that I will surely buy as soon as possible, and thanks to Crazy Jim for offering his unit to be used for this flight.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1460391246.650979.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1460391258.654660.jpg

The arrow on the display point you in the direction to travel was really cool. May be looking for this when it hits the market.

Hah. That was my Frenzy XL on a CTI L395 mellow. Actual attitude was 11,800 feet (RRC3: 11,750. Pico AA2: 11,850). The GPS was awesome. One straight line to the rocket. Thanks the Jim Amos for a really cool system that I will surely buy as soon as possible, and thanks to Crazy Jim for offering his unit to be used for this flight.
View attachment 287892
View attachment 287893
I gave you an extra 100' , very cool flight

Any updates on when this be available? Price points on the boards?

I suspect once people fly and track with this they'll be hooked royally. Nothing like knowing where one's project is while it's in "outta sight" land during a flight. The Ham APRS tracking folks had taste of this 10 years ago but it was at
a very high cost. I took the plunge and was hooked with APRS. Over ten sight unseen flights. When I mean sight unseen, I mean no sight of the rocket after it leaves the pad and disappears at apogee. Too high to see the deployment charge
smoke and too small a rocket to see the descent or the main chute deployment. That's sight unseen. Can tell by the rate of descent the apogee charge got the rocket apart. I know where to go and walked right up to the rockets by following a map. I've invested in some NMEA/GPS trackers and really there is not much one is missing between Ham/APRS based and NMEA (National Marine Electronics Association BTW) based devices. With some work, one can get their NMEA rocket flights on a map in real time. Jim I believe has or is working on it but there are apps out there that just need the NMEA stream to plot on a map. Doesn't matter whose hardware it is. Get ready for some really stress free flying. Kurt Savegnago

Back