Another Rocket Forum- Looks Promising

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real worry should be about the reaction by your employer once he/she/it finds out how much time you are wasting on the Internet. :rofl:

I like the layout of the new one! Really needs an EX section though!

AND NO Ads!

So far the signal-to-noise ratio has been very good over there and I hope it stays that way. It's nice to see vendor postings again.

So far the signal-to-noise ratio has been very good over there and I hope it stays that way. It's nice to see vendor postings again.

I've learned something from both: they don't have a "watering hole" section or one like it...and I don't miss it. When I come to TRF, I find my stress level is much lower if I'm selective about the stuff I read in Watering Hole.

So basically, I'm here for the rocketry and am learning to filter the noise. And I agree, Bill...I like the higher signal to noise ratio over on RC and hope they attract more users.

The only problem I have with the Rocketry Center is I can't figure out how to add Pics'.
My files are too large.

I added mine directly to the forum, by simply resizing them, and adding them as attachments.
That gave me thumbnails in my posts, which when clicked on gives good sized photos.

The only problem I have with the Rocketry Center is I can't figure out how to add Pics'.
My files are too large.

Its not as intuitive as it could be however you can upload pics. The only limit I have hit so far is limit of 500 Kb per pic, but there is also a limit of what you can uploadoverall, not sure what it is. I would also not be surprised if there is a limit per post like TRF which I believe is 10 pics.

Not always good to be the only kid on the block.Competition whether good or bad is usually nessessary for self improvement.

Just wanted to let you guys know about Rocketry Center Forums: https://rocketrycenter.com/index.php . I just joined there and it looks really quite promising. The site is still new and many places are under construction but I'm sure more members could liven it up a bit :)

So, who OWNS the "Rocketry Center Forums" ???

So, who OWNS the "Rocketry Center Forums" ???

Personally I could give a hoot who owns it!
All I know is it's not a company, there are no adds/fees, and according to one moderator's post they are fellow rocketeers who wanted to setup a forum that was strictly for discussing rocketry related issues.. no off topics/watering holes, sections etc where the troubles on forums usually start..
So far, I like it! :)

Another forum for me would more time on the computer and less time for building rockets.
Thanks, but no thanks.

That's the same reason why I don't also post over at YORF, even though a lot of what I do are clones of old models. I just don't have time to cross post the same stuff in two places.

Back