Starport Sagitta

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmacklin

Reaction score
There's a new forum on the Internet where rocket enthusiasts can discuss a wider range of topics, including things often frowned upon by the more traditional rocketry forums. Lively debate is encouraged. It is the brainchild of Bernie Herman of Cleveland, Ohio and is called the Sagitta Cantina. If you find yourself biting your tongue because of the restrictive rules common on other rocket forums, you might give the Sagitta Cantina a try.

https://www.starportsagitta.net/the-sagitta-cantina2.html#/

(Ted Macklin was solely responsible for this shameless and uncompensated announcement. :wink:)

Interesting spot. Just registered, looking forward to good conversations there without big brother waiting for the predetermined vibe for thread shut-down.

Interesting site. I noticed that there was a spot where they are going to try to sell an 18mm "Scale" AMRAAM. I think they would do better with it if they revised the design to not have such a dramatic overhang on the motor.;)
I'm doing a "Study" on AIM-120 AMRAAMS, and have a BT-20 based 13mm and BT-60 based 24mm, and am finished with the design phase for a BT-80 based 29mm build.
On the 13mm, I made the motor overhang a little longer than I would have liked to have made it out of necessity to make it easy to swap motors, but this meant I had to put in more nose weight, and thusly it only flies well on A3T and A10T motors.
My 24mm has the motor hook concealed beneath the conduit data link detail, and there is no overhang so the motor is as high as possible.
The BT-80 scale will afford me the room to mount the motor even deeper, contributing greatly to the CG placement.

Interesting site. I noticed that there was a spot where they are going to try to sell an 18mm "Scale" AMRAAM. I think they would do better with it if they revised the design to not have such a dramatic overhang on the motor.;)
I'm doing a "Study" on AIM-120 AMRAAMS, and have a BT-20 based 13mm and BT-60 based 24mm, and am finished with the design phase for a BT-80 based 29mm build.
On the 13mm, I made the motor overhang a little longer than I would have liked to have made it out of necessity to make it easy to swap motors, but this meant I had to put in more nose weight, and thusly it only flies well on A3T and A10T motors.
My 24mm has the motor hook concealed beneath the conduit data link detail, and there is no overhang so the motor is as high as possible.
The BT-80 scale will afford me the room to mount the motor even deeper, contributing greatly to the CG placement.

Bernie Herman of Starport Sagitta has asked me to convey the following message to you, as he is not a member of TRF.

Top,
I thank you for your interest and input into the semi-scale AMRAAM we are working on at Starport Sagitta. The pictures shown on the site are of a prototype I made. To create interest again in model rocketry in my youngest son (16) son, he and I discussed what we could build with some BT-80 tubing I had sitting around. He thought an AMRAAM that size would be nice. I found some scale drawings on the web and then the interest waned. To hopefully spark some interest again, I built the BT-20 based version. As this was my first trip into scale/semi-scale that wasn't in a kit, I thought this would be a good missile to kit in a semi-scale series. Blackshire, who has been assisting me, keeps sending me scale data on historic rockets and I think he would like me to pursue more of it.

The Starport Sagitta went to print, so to say before I was really ready, which is why there's nothing really for sale yet. The reason I put it out in the world was because I was tired of hearing how certain rocket forums were restricting free responsible speech. I finally become so perturbed, I found a free (to start) forum app, and opened the Cantina.
I would love to discuss more about the AMRAAM we will be kitting, but it would be better if you left a message at the Cantina, since I rarely come to TRF and do not post here.

-Bernard Herman
Commander
Starport Sagitta

Thanks Senor T.
Looks like I'll have to join the fun at the Cantina after I get some Coffee in me.

Yeah I tried too, a bit difficult to use.

I had to use Google to register, still haven't figured out how to start a thread.

You might get more interest posting about a new forum, rather than Starport S....I just happened to be bored & read this.
However had I seen something about a new forum, would've been all over it.

It was easy for me --and that's saying a lot--!!! I simply went to the sight--went to cantina--I think--hit sign in and face book in my case---done and done. I have not needed to sign in since. I go to the site and I'm ready to go. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but that's ok by me---H

There's been some confusion as to how to sign up with this new forum, The Sagitta Cantina. I figured you kids who grew up with this high tech jibber-jabber had this crap all figured out and could do this blindfolded! Who knew?

Anyway, try this:

Go to: https://www.starportsagitta.net/the-sagitta-cantina2.html#/

On the lower left hand side, below a blue line under the main text is very small text that reads "The Sagitta Cantina". Just below that there is a small white bar with a string of small icons and the word "Login:" Click on that and a new window will magically appear with dazzling menu of options for you to select. Pick one, click on it and shazam! You are now an official member of The Sagitta Cantina and can join Uncle Ted and All His Rowdy Friends making complete fools of themselves without fear of any Bouncers! Bernie is usually tending the bar and can assist you from this point on.

And now, I need a drink...BAD! :facepalm:

If you sign in using your other social media ID's does your Cantina activity become part of your history on the other platform? For example, do your Cantina posts show up on your Facebook timeline?

If you sign in using your other social media ID's does your Cantina activity become part of your history on the other platform? For example, do your Cantina posts show up on your Facebook timeline?

I switched my posts from Google to Facebook and as far as I can tell the answer is no. You might check with the National Security Agency and see if they've got anything.

Back