I must be MAD! Spy VS Spy Goony builds...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The White Spy has the Cloudhopper, the Black Spy has a Zoom Broom... Who will win? Who will lose?

Body tubes are cut, I'm planning on 18mm power. I've sanded my pair of PNC-60L nosecones, and removed the conic portion of the shoulder to increase space, planning on adding some clay to keep the CG forward... and maybe a little... surprise... for these builds.

-... -.-- -.- .----. - . ... ....

Last edited:
I'm open to tips to ensure that these will work (safely for people on the ground, the Spies are on their own once the pickle button is pushed).

(Yes Me Worry).

Last edited:
I managed to spy on our spies today... The Black Spy has been making progress. But where is his wings?

White Spy looks like he's further along...

Better Look out Black Spy... White Spy looks dangerous.

Last edited:
I like this :) Suggestion: you need to move the CG forward anyway...maybe you could mount some kind of weapon/probe/other spy gadget on the tip of the nose.

I managed to spy on our spies today... The Black Spy has been making progress. But where is his wings?

White Spy looks like he's further along...

Better Look out Black Spy... White Spy looks dangerous.

Nice Gerber Mk1, I have the one with the black blade from my time in the Army back in the early 90's. We had to buy our own if we wanted a knife, since machinegunners are not issued bayonets, now that I think of it bayonet drills with a M60 would suck...

Caught a glimpse of our spies again today...

Black Spy looks like he's made a lot of progress (but his motor looks to be only tacked into place). Is that what he's after? Nuclear submarine secrets?

White Spy looks to be maintaining his lead (and his lethality). He look almost ready for paint. Hmmm That looks like Soviet missile installations.

The suspense is killing me (oops... I should take the antidote).

Looks like one of the spies managed to get a blurry image of the Grey Spy's aircraft...

Analysts think it may look like one of these concepts:

oldtrekrockets.jpg

Sorry this has languished so long... I had hoped that someone would be able to create the artwork for the Spies for me before Mark (Stickershock) could (nobody did). As it stands now, he's back, and I'm working on getting him some concept points.

Last edited:
Hey K'tesh,

Just to follow up...did you get the PM I sent with the links to Spy vs. Spy pics you might be able to use? I'm a fan of SVS and goonies, so I thought this was a cool build. :)

I also helped someone else with custom decals recently (changing names on a set) and I wrote out the steps, so that may be helpful to you. I used Paint and PowerPoint, which I've found is all you really need unless you're a professional.

You can even use that first pic at the top by bringing it up in Paint, free drawing the hat, filling in (sample another part of the hat for color). Shouldn't take too long, so give me a holler if you'd like help and I'll see what I can do.

Best,
KenE

Sorry Ken,

I did get the PM, however, I've been slammed trying to get things in order here before the move to China (Namely jumping hoops to get the medical issues I've wanted to get addressed for years at the VA (Not the VA's fault, my "private" insurance's fault, and my own for forgetting about the VA option)). I was waiting for Mark (stickershock) to get back up and going, and then I got really busy. I've had to put the project on standby for the time being.

Sorry Ken,

I did get the PM, however, I've been slammed trying to get things in order here before the move to China (Namely jumping hoops to get the medical issues I've wanted to get addressed for years at the VA (Not the VA's fault, my "private" insurance's fault, and my own for forgetting about the VA option)). I was waiting for Mark (stickershock) to get back up and going, and then I got really busy. I've had to put the project on standby for the time being.

Just send me the stuff and I'll finish it up for you...I'll even thoroughly test launch it maybe 20 times over the next year or two. :wink:

No problem and fully understand the "moving halfway around the world and starting a new life is cramping my goony rocketry project" excuse! Good luck with your move and medical stuff! :cheers:

Family history of cancer is pretty serious.

Unfortunately, the bean counters in the insurance industry would rather pay attention to their actuarial tables than do the right thing and follow doctor's recommendations. They'd rather have people with a family history of cancer wait to begin routine checks until their 50th birthdays. Being unemployed since I was 40 (going to school) didn't help things.

Had I even thought for a moment that this was something the VA would have covered, I'd have had it done years ago. Now I'm more aware of what the VA has to offer, and have been doing appointments every week it seems since the 4th of July (sometimes more than one in a week).

As it stands now, I've got a new CPAP, with updated settings, fresh CPAP supplies, as well as 5 less moles and one less polyp than I did before. Moles were benign, and I'm still waiting for the biopsy results on the polyp.

Last edited:
Back