3d printed sleds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramer714

Reaction score
I have been playing with my 3D printer, for me it is the best thing for making AV bays. Getting ready for ROCstock in June, I designed and built a family of AV bays for the Perfectflite Stratologger CF - Old Style Stratologger and the Adept22. All the designs have a few things in common, they all use a screw to operate a contact switch XV-15-1C25 rated at 15 amps, they cost about a buck each on Ebay. Plus all of the AV bays have integral 9V battery holders. They are designed using Rhino3D.

To date I have printed:

54mm - single Stratologger CF (2X #10 holes)
75mm - Single Adept 22 (1/4 inch hole)
75mm - Dual Stratologger OR Stratologger CF (1/4 inch hole)
98mm - Single Adept 22 (1/4 inch hole)
150mm - single Adept 22 (1/4 inch hole)

They are very light versatile. I was thinking of loading the files up on Creative Commons.

Mike K

98mm small.jpg75mm small.jpg75mm small back.jpg3 bays small.jpg54mm back.jpg54mm small.jpg98mm small back.jpg

Personally, I don't fly with altimeters (yet). That said, I do like what I'm seeing.

Really nice work. The larger one looks like it has a screwdriver guide built into it for lining up the switch. If so, that is a nice touch. You can tell you really thought these out. I have bought several of the currently available printed sleds and really like them, and am completely sold on this being a perfect application of 3D printing to rocketry. More choices would be welcome if you decide to sell them.

Back