Center of Pressure in Open Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjkcolorado

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Is the center of pressure in Open Rocket measured from the most aft end of the body tube (fin can), or the most aft component of the rocket? For example, I included a mass object sticking off the back end of my design to represent an AeroPack retainer that extends just past the end of the fin can airframe. The difference would be minimal, but I just wanted to know for the sake of being accurate in marking the CP on the rocket body. Thanks.

OF COURSE!!! I read your answer and said to myself, 'I knew that'. I'm getting stuff prepared for a possible Level 2 attempt next weekend and double checking everything. Classic case of over-thinking. Now a bunch of people are going to see my dumb question and go, 'This guy is attempting his level 2? God help us all!'

OF COURSE!!! I read your answer and said to myself, 'I knew that'. I'm getting stuff prepared for a possible Level 2 attempt next weekend and double checking everything. Classic case of over-thinking. Now a bunch of people are going to see my dumb question and go, 'This guy is attempting his level 2? God help us all!'

Well if anyone gives you any guff about it, just tell them you were planning to fly it backwards. :wink:

Back