Storing motor casings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEmery

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have a nice way of storing their motor casing? Specifically larger ones like 75mm and 98mm. I just have them standing all over in the garage, though I will usually stick the casing in the rocket for transportation to a launch. I can fit most of the 54mm and below into an empty tool box. I am looking to declutter my work area and to keep them safe from knocking over. Any ideas appreciated.

Dale

For 75mm & 98mm cases I use expandable plastic net type sleeving pulled over them and stored in a bigger plastic storage bin in my trailer.

Greg

I just stack mine on a shelf...

That being said, I'm going to go "stalker Dan" here...I loved your site years ago! I was always amazed at the sheer number of flights you had with your Javelin and others. I would assume I was responsible for the majority of the traffic on your site.

It's cool to see you on the forum. Glad to see you're still flying!

I am glad you enjoyed the old website. I finally lost the Javelin at ROC Lake in Canada after around 78 flights. A combine found it, and I did get the pieces back eventually.

Making cases from PVC pipe (various diameters) doesn't help clutter much, but it does keep them from damage and corrosion.

Put the 75mm in a tube sock or 2 and put it inside of a 98mm. Then tube sock that guy.

Latest posts

Back