Camden, SC: ROSCO Sport Launch: 13-14 August

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as it uses commercial motors and doe snot bust the waiver for the day. I will post August tonight. I am only able to post with my cell today.

A year? That cool. I had no idea. But then again, I've only loaded the 24/40 casing once. Never fired it. Crazy Jim showed me how he could wizz through putting it together, and made it look easy. I suppose it is for someone that only flies with reloads. I just know the expense of having multiple casings and how many details I have to remember putting them together. My short term memory has gotten so bad, that I don't trust myself with the likes of those. If I EVER decide to go with reloads, I think I'd prefer the Cesaroni casings. I've seen how easy those are.

Nothing to remember, just follow the instructions, every time. I still tape the Aerotech instructions to the table and double check myself.

[emoji1010] Steve Shannon [emoji1010]

As long as it uses commercial motors and doe snot but the waiver for the day. I will post August tonight. I am only apple to post with my cell today.

Translation:
As long as it uses commercial motors and does not bust the waiver for the day. I will post again tonight. I am only able to post with my cell today. [emoji657]

Translation:
As long as it uses commercial motors and does not bust the waiver for the day. I will post again tonight. I am only able to post with my cell today. [emoji657]

Thanks. I need my bifocals.

I have used motors loaded for years with so far no ill effects. I have 3 now been loaded 3 years or more. I'm thinking good idea to at least regrease the orings.

With just over a week to go before our next launch, I think it's time to start prepping. Though, with finances as they are (for me) I most likely will have to make in a one day event.

So, which day looks best to see some home brew motors show their stuff? I'm guessing Saturday, since some of you may have a backlog you've been itching to burn.
For myself, I'll be sticking to the commercial motors I have on hand. And maybe a purchase or two from Mr. Allen.

"Woo-Hoo! Research Launch!"

Between the heat and the money and the drive and the ever-growing "to do" list, I think I'm gonna have to sit this one out. Have fun & take pictures!

I should be there. Plan on casting a 75mm L for the launch. I had planned on having my Sirius Saturn V ready to fly but that may not happen. Have to finish painting and build the capsule / tower. It was a lot more work than the Apogee Saturn V that I have been scared to fly.

Ken Allen will not make the July Launch. If you need anything order by Close of Business Tuesday and it will be delivered on the field. You can email or text Ken an order or order one his website and put it in the comments.

Chuck

ICBM Research launch will be on the 16-17th due to the heat index and temps predicted to be above 100 this weekend.

Ok, I need some volunteers to test some igniters that are made of a new conductive pyrogen. You can use them with BP and small AT 18 and 24mm motors.

Ok, I need some volunteers to test some igniters that are made of a new conductive pyrogen. You can use them with BP and small AT 18 and 24mm motors.

Seeing how you might get rained out this weekend, I'll be glad to try them August 13 & 14. That is, should you still need volunteers.

I will be in Texas that weekend.

There will only be a few storms. I doubt we will be rained out.

Launch still on for tomorrow & Sunday?

It's pretty wet here in Charlotte.....real, real wetty ...wet! The skies been leaky.

Wish it would have been last weekend. I am back to working weekends again.

Sorry Brent. We could not have done it last weekend. The heat was one reason, the other I cannot share on the forum.

No problem. Was hoping to see you before your transfer.

Radar looks good for today. Wet, but not floating. Packing up and heading Camden way.

Nice thing about the ground being wet, less chance of rogue fires breaking out.
Any chance, if it continues to sprinkle off and on, a 'sparky' or two might be acceptable?
"probably won't see this reply before I see you folks on the field. But I thought I'd float the idea."

Great day. First three research flight on the new field. All by Alan Whitmore and all perfect.

Last weekend was Chuck's last hurrah, as our prefect,...before being sent to his new post.

I for one, would like to thank him for the last several years as our prefect. You have done an outstanding job & finally pushed the club into re-vamping our launch system.[Wilson FX] THAT alone was an amazing feat.
Rain or shine he made sure the launches happened.

I will miss you buddy! Most of all, those wacky experiments you're always in the middle of! He probably has more formulas for igniters than all of NASA.

So thank you for your service to our club & more importantly, thank you for your service to our country in these troubled times.
Good luck & best wishes on your new post from all of us.

Cj

Back