CTI Pro75 GEN 2 Hardware Now Available From Sunward

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We are please to have available the new hardware in the Pro75 line for CTI motors.

These cases are now one piece and no longer have a piece attached on the thrust end of the case at the factory.

The Forward Closure and the Nozzle Holder are interchangable but the new Retaining Ring and the new Rear Retaining Ring are not. Threads are different.

All parts are now available online from Sunward:
USA:
www.sunward1.com/content/cti-pro75-gen-2-hardware-now-available-sunward
In Canada:
www.sunwardhobbies.ca/content/cti-pro75-gen-2-hardware-now-available-sunward

pro75-case-thrust-end-gen2.gif

old-style-pro75.gif

I deleted a "stupidhead" post as I didn't realize the threaded closure is likely what is being used for an aft thrust ring. Sorry. Kurt

uhm, ok

Also, there have been questions on inventory of old style cases and parts. There are lots of Forward Closures and the Nozzle Holders available. As for old style case, there is only one (1) 3G case available at CTI.

All other sizes are no longer available.

Happy to see the new 75 mm hardware in stock. I am curious about how the boat tail closure could work for both the Gen 2 and old hardware since the threads are different in the two motors, Can you explain that?

Thanks,

Len

Happy to see the new 75 mm hardware in stock. I am curious about how the boat tail closure could work for both the Gen 2 and old hardware since the threads are different in the two motors, Can you explain that?

Thanks,

Len
Good question.

I will find out Wednesday.

Thanks,

Len

there will be a GEN 2 boat tail. so they are not compatible.

Thank you for checking. That's what I thought. I just wondered if there was something about the new style that had something that could be backward compatible.
Once you have the GEN2 boat tail, I have a few items to order. If you get one in, update here or PM me please.
Thanks again,

Thank you for checking. That's what I thought. I just wondered if there was something about the new style that had something that could be backward compatible.
Once you have the GEN2 boat tail, I have a few items to order. If you get one in, update here or PM me please.
Thanks again,
The threads are different between the 2 cases so only the Forward Closures and the Nozzle Holders are compatible.

As for when the GEN 2 boat tail is in stock, I didn't get a clear answer from CTI. But some are away at some show so I will check again next week.

As for old style cases, a visit on Wednesday showed there are no more old style cases in stock.

What's the thread pitch on the new cases? (wondering if the Aerotech large hole closure will work...)

Back