Message from Douglas Shrock

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmacklin

Reaction score
Message for Peartree: You have received this message in error. Please disregard it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Honestly, Shrox isn't our Guy Fawkes.

It's simple...if your convictions are strong, host a new forum. Obviously none of this muck raking is changing anything.

I am only interested if the thread has pictures of Natalie Portman and a modern Sci-Fi feel. So shallow but reading all that stuff just gets me down. Just burn the books and give me mindless video entertainment with sexy advertising. Another 3FNC from an approved vendor lifting off on a big certified sparky motor! Bhaa, bhaa, bhaa. "Strength through Unity. Unity through Faith" We are the Sheeple. V for VICTORY!

Actually quite a few Americans know who Guy Fawkes was and what he tried to do. However V for Vendetta was an interesting take on the character.

Actually quite a few Americans know who Guy Fawkes was and what he tried to do. However V for Vendetta was an interesting take on the character.
Because nothing says "anarchism" like "celebrate a guy who tried to install a catholic theocracy".

What I think is interesting about Guy Fawkes is that what he tried to do was definitely terrorism, but now he is sort of seen as an anti-establishemnt folk hero. If someone tried to blow up a joint session of congress with the President, Vice President, both houses of Congress, and Supreme Court in attendance --- take out the whole government in one huge blast --- we wouldn't likely be wearing his mask or making T-Shirts, no matter how unpopular the government is. Maybe it take 400 years to get romanticized.

What I think is interesting about Guy Fawkes is that what he tried to do was definitely terrorism, but now he is sort of seen as an anti-establishemnt folk hero. If someone tried to blow up a joint session of congress with the President, Vice President, both houses of Congress, and Supreme Court in attendance --- take out the whole government in one huge blast --- we wouldn't likely be wearing his mask or making T-Shirts, no matter how unpopular the government is. Maybe it take 400 years to get romanticized.

The main difference is those were more "formative years" vs. today. What is now considered Terrorism (capital T deliberate) was once considered progress.

It's akin to people wearing Che Guevera shirts, trying to join Isis, etc. Generally, people are pretty effing stupid.

Let Shrox go. He was always a cotton headed ninny muggins.

Honestly, Shrox isn't our Guy Fawkes.

It's simple...if your convictions are strong, host a new forum. Obviously none of this muck raking is changing anything.

What does Guy Fawkes have anything to do with what's happening here?

Mike

I know who he is. :)

I learned about him because of a line in John Lennon's song "Remember" - "Remember the fifth of November ..." (which Lennon borrowed from the little ditty quoted earlier).

-- Roger

Last edited:
Back