My LDRS project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob jablonski

Reaction score
100_0198.JPG
Here is Polish Thunder III 9 ft of 3 54mm motor tubes, 5.5 inches in diameter. first flight will be at LDRS on 3 Aerotech I280DM DMS motors. Is there a reason alot of my scratch built or special rockets are in the "Polish Thunder family"? And painted red and white? Maybe cuz I am Polish? Nahhhh cant be. 2nd flight (is there j's in the back of my head)?

Last edited:
Whoa! Didn't see that lurking in your shop! And DM's.. gonna be a great flight.

View attachment 264094
Here is Polish Thunder III 9 ft of 3 54mm motor tubes, 5.5 inches in diameter. first flight will be at LDRS on 3 Aerotech I280DM DMS motors. Is there a reason alot of my scratch built or special rockets are in the "Polish Thunder family"? And painted red and white? Maybe cuz I am Polish? Nahhhh cant be. 2nd flight (is there j's in the back of my head)?

very nice! glad I'll get to see it fly!

So is that a King Viper III or a Polish knock off? I got a bit over 2K on a real KVIII @ NSL yesterday on 3 x I180 SK.

Last edited:
It is a clone
G10 fins and phlexable phenolic. It can take a bit more butt kicking motors. Should be able to handle 3 J425's with no problem. Could do 3 K535's but I want to see the first couple flights in it's entirety.

And I thought you just liked to ski ;)

JD

View attachment 264094

Miło widzieć polskie akcenty zagranicą ;).Pozdrowienia z Polski!

It is a clone
G10 fins and phlexable phenolic. It can take a bit more butt kicking motors. Should be able to handle 3 J425's with no problem. Could do 3 K535's but I want to see the first couple flights in it's entirety.

I did a glassed KVIII a few years back and tried 3X EX K550-ish (54-1750). Absolutely breathtaking off the pad, however both launches tore themselves apart about 3 seconds into the flight. I think the stress on the MMT tubes to main BT was related, though I was never certain.

Looking forward to yours.

I'll be at slot 37C at LDRS. Stop by and let me know when you're flying that. I would really like to see that go!

I will be on vendor row. Stop by and say Hi so I can put faces to names and handles. I figure flying early Sat or Sunday or near the end of the day Sat so I can keep an eye on the store. and the Tristar contest will be Sat or Sun whichever looks like better weather.

I did a glassed KVIII a few years back and tried 3X EX K550-ish (54-1750). Absolutely breathtaking off the pad, however both launches tore themselves apart about 3 seconds into the flight. I think the stress on the MMT tubes to main BT was related, though I was never certain.

Looking forward to yours.

I went with Phenolic, G10 fins and I have the motor tube rings on 3/8" birch plywood. I have no doubt about the I's and J's but the K's will get DAllen's attention:y:
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com
Like us on Facebook

There may be a change in the first flight propellant. A little birdie told me there is a VERY good chance of demoing Aerotechs new 54mm J250W DMS. Nooo don't make me fly it!!!

Polish Thunder III went up Friday on 3 I280DM DMS motors (about a K840 1800ns). All 3 lit with stock igniters. And ejection at apoge (old school motor ejection) multiple eye balls said it was close to 4000 ft I estemated it would go 3000 but it went past that. Landed in the main field about 25 ft from the access road. Drive to pick it up. And my good friend Mr. Barry of LOC fame hung out with me and helped load the 15 pounds of fun. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture with the motors lit and neither did Nadean. So I hope someone got one.

Congrats! Great motor combo. Stock igniters work great. I'm sure it was an awesome flight.

dang Bob, sorry I missed that - they were lighting off pretty fast ... and I was out looking for the lost Vindicator. Maybe you can fly it again at the up and coming new Indiana rocketry location!

dang Bob, sorry I missed that - they were lighting off pretty fast ... and I was out looking for the lost Vindicator. Maybe you can fly it again at the up and coming new Indiana rocketry location!

You know it will go up again. That would be a good rocket to break a new field in with. That and your Magnum.

I got ya :) feel free to grab these. Nicely done.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31757945@N05/sets/72157655205199405

here's one of them -

19241108122_dfca8dfa94_c.jpg

Dark matter looks cool but seeing these stills make me more impressed with the flame. Thanks for sharing.

Back