Likeliest birth date range from your first name calculator site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just checked my first name, "Gary" and its going down hill...hmm. What the hell is going on?

Well, I just checked my first name, "Gary" and its going down hill...hmm. What the hell is going on?

I'm a Gary, too. My wife heard something about names on the radio the other day and has been needling me about it. The name has completely disappeared for children. There are more kids named "Grayson," than "Gary."

For girls, look at "Brenda," or "Lisa."

Last edited:
Quite accidentally, I discovered something fun. I looked up my name, then looked up my wife's name but forgot to switch the selector from 'male' to 'female.' So I played with it a little.

Apparently there are a number of men named Patricia and quite a few women named John.

Seriously.

Who does that?

Quite accidentally, I discovered something fun. I looked up my name, then looked up my wife's name but forgot to switch the selector from 'male' to 'female.' So I played with it a little.

Apparently there are a number of men named Patricia and quite a few women named John.

Seriously.

Who does that?

It seems to work with a lot of names. I'm guessing there is some doubt as to the gender associated with some of the names and they get listed if either male or female is selected. I can't believe there are so many people with the "wrong" gender name out there.

I have only known 2 people with names that potentially crossed the gender line. I have a friend named Dallas and he says it is more typically a female name although the chart shows it being far more popular as a male name. My mother knew a guy named Carol, but he always went by his nickname of Smitty (his last name was Smith). If he was still alive he would be over 90 or even 100 by now; so he was named long, long ago in a galaxy far away.

Yeah, Thirsty, ever since Erik the Red that name's been in decline! Or at least that's my story as a fellow Eric.

well. my name went south about the time I was born in 57. It seems Rasheed was popular in the 70-80's but Muhammed is kicking butt these days. I will name my first Muhammed Rasheed Bill ------They shall call him MR. Bill !!!

This is the kind of thing we used to do with census data back when I was a psych major in the 70's and was one of only 2 or 3 students in the department that understood SPSS. Kinda fun, actually, it's amazing how many common names give you a reasonably good looking bell curve.

Looks like Katelyn is the one-hit wonder of names.

Sure, but girl's names especially seem to go in and out of style quickly. Besides, I must've seen I don't know how many variants of the name, including Caitlin, Caitlyn, Kaitlin, Katelyn, Catelyn, and Catelin. Add 'em all up and it's a lot of girls.

When I was a young punk we would snicker at names like "Pearl," "Rose," "Homer." Never realized that I would be the punchline someday.

I looked up mine, David, and it said 1966 was a popular time for it.
I'm just named after my Dad who was named after his Dad except for middle names in both cases.

Back