Hybrids - What do you fly / what do you have

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramer714

Reaction score
It seems like there are only a few hybrid folks out there, I have swapped / bought hardware from some of you. I thought it would be a good idea to share what you have (types / sizes) and how many reloads you have in case you want to swap something with someone else.

My collection includes:

RATT
H 70
I 80 - 10 reloads (same as H70
I 90 - 3 reloads
J160 - 3 reloads (this is a 29mm J almost 50 inches long!)
K240 - 2 reloads left (this is without a doubt the LOUDEST rocket I have ever flown)

Skyripper
54mm K - 3 reloads left

Contrail
75mm M - Waiting for a M reload for ROCstock

AeroTech (Yup have some!!!, haven't flown these yet!)
54mm both injectors / all 3 size tanks
Reloads
J260 (2)
J226 (1)
H124 / I123/ J122 (2)
J210(1)
H248 / I246 / J244 (1)

Anyone have Hybrid Hardware to sell / swap?

For ROCtsock in Lucerne, I do plan to launch a RATT I, RATT J, RATT K, Skyripper K, and Contrail M.

Mike K

Mike Kramer

I have RATTworks H70, K240, and K350 tribrid casings and reloads.

No immediate plans to sell, but that may change someday.

I have RATTworks H70, K240, and K350 tribrid casings and reloads.

No immediate plans to sell, but that may change someday.

bring them up to ROCstock and fly them, June 13/14th at Lucerne. I will have GSE and gas.

Mike K

Correction: Talking to a couple of people with way more experience, I'm now fairly certain this is a RATT LR-5 tribrid. It's a work of art - I don't think it's ever been flown. From this pic it's hard to tell, but it's a full 6' tall.

RATT_k240_zpsoho9sxav.jpg

Last edited:
I have an all aluminum hybrid that appears to be a custom RATT k240. It's a work of art - I don't think it's ever been flown, and I doubt I'll ever fly it.

Oh man, that bad boy is dying to get up into the sky! Nice, nice rocket.

I finally saw my first hybrid this past weekend, outside Edwards AFB, and it was awesome.

I have the complete Contrail motors family in 38mm, 54mm and 75mm... just missing in my collection the 98mm and 152mm.. I think the 152mm is my next one. Always wanted to start an "O" hybrid... the 98mm makes less sense for me as the power of the 75mm is versatile enough for my needs.

I fly Contail 75s, Skyripper 54s and 38s and Rattworks 29s

I have the complete SkyRipper Systems line up: 29mm, 38mm & 54mm. With enough reloads for each system to last me a couple few years. I also have the Alpha hybrids I-250 system with many reloads as well... still missing my GSE though. Funding has been whacked in that regard...

I ended up with some Hypertech K and L complete setups (tanks / reloads / injectors) anyone want to swap them for RATT or Contrail hardware and / or reloads?

It seems like there are only a few hybrid folks out there, I have swapped / bought hardware from some of you. I thought it would be a good idea to share what you have (types / sizes) and how many reloads you have in case you want to swap something with someone else.

My collection includes:

AeroTech (Yup have some!!!, haven't flown these yet!)
54mm both injectors / all 3 size tanks
Reloads
J260 (2)
J226 (1)
H124 / I123/ J122 (2)
J210(1)
H248 / I246 / J244 (1)

Mike K

Mike Kramer

Mike
I used to have the 54mm Hypertek system. But I didn't like having to pay for nitrous I didn't use if the motor didn't light. :( Sold it to a rocketeer in Canada.
I have flown a couple of the AT Hybrids and I really liked them. Especially because if the motor didn't ignite you could recycle it like an APCP motor. :cool:
A friend of mine has quite a few AT reloads too. He went on a buying frenzy after the Aerotech fire. :smile:
I didn't think there were different injectors, I thought you just had to change the number of set screw plugs in the injector (steel insert) for the different reloads. In fact I know the the 54 and 98mm injectors have the same dimensions because my friend just measured them. The forward closures are very different in external size. :rolleyes: But they both will accept all tank sizes.
I do seem to remember different tank sizes for the 54 series.
IRRC some of the reloads you have are what he called beta test versions.
AT also had a K series reload in the 54MM line. I have seen a picture of the card that came with the reload but not the actual reload. It is thought to have been a standard 54MM J reload that they augmented with Nitrous and changed the nozzle to a single throat. I would love to fly one.
My friend has flown several of the AT M845s. That's a 98MM 5120 case with an L952W-P reload, AT Nitrous forward closure and tank. They are fun to watch.
Enjoy your Gas Passing flights.:lol:

I have been a hoarder of hybrid components... My treasures... Hypertek j and k with several reloads each, Skripper all mm. and enough reloads, recently a complete set of Contrail 38mm and several reloads.

Recently, I burned a few 29mm rippers. I have found a renewed source of pleasure in this hobby. I like the fooling around, before the climax of the firing, of a hybrid.. This hybrid thing has brought a couple of others off the bench of AP boredom...hehe

d.

I've got a set of 38mm and 54mm Skyrippers. I haven't flown them in a long, long time - now I fly more research hybrids than anything. Anyone interested in them?

Edward

Im interested, plus I have some hypertek stuff, not sure if you are still using the tanks or if alphas are still available.

Mike K

I've got a set of 38mm and 54mm Skyrippers. I haven't flown them in a long, long time - now I fly more research hybrids than anything. Anyone interested in them?

Edward

Back