3d black brant launcher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
I have been in the process of drawing the zero tip off boom rail launcher that was used to launch the early Black Brant 2 Vehicles . This is sport scale as the only measurement I have is the Black Brant Airframe Diameter of 17.208 " as a gauge to compare

And have attached some photos of my progress thus far

Part attachments, cables, pulleys, pivot point, and other details will come later.

I am not working on this steadily but a bit at a time . Remember this is supposed to be fun so when it starts to feel like work I take a break :)

And yes one day I hope to build this as a fully functional launcher for my 6" Black Brant

Enjoy !

boom arm and support comparason.JPG

pivit point.JPG

top and bottom with gussets.JPG

vert base complete.JPG

Attachments

• bottom and top w plate.JPG
    bottom and top w plate.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 17
I have been in the process of drawing the zero tip off boom rail launcher that was used to launch the early Black Brant 2 Vehicles . This is sport scale as the only measurement I have is the Black Brant Airframe Diameter of 17.208 " as a gauge to compare

And have attached some photos of my progress thus far

Part attachments, cables, pulleys, pivot point, and other details will come later.

I am not working on this steadily but a bit at a time . Remember this is supposed to be fun so when it starts to feel like work I take a break :)

And yes one day I hope to build this as a fully functional launcher for my 6" Black Brant

Enjoy !

Nice work!

I had to start over and do a better job . So far I am about done with the boom part of the boom launcher .
I just finished drawing the lower double rail section. I installed bolt holes were need but have yet to insert bolts into the holes .
The "pivot" section will be started on next then the vertical part will be after that. The last part will be inserting the pulley system that raises up the boom.
My final goal is to build a functional and matching boom launcher for my 6 inch diameter 4 fin Black Brant
The project has a long way to go but I am learning and having fun in the build process :)

The first attached photo shows the boom launcher I am modeling and the second is a 3d drawing of what I have drawn thus far

Enjoy !

protoype.jpg

Attachments

• 9922.jpg
    9922.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 25
Back