Pin Post

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
How about we get a pin map downloaded so we can pin where we all hang out????????????????

YA-NO..?

pin map.jpg

Last edited:
No idea. If I recall correctly, way back in TRF 0.5 (the early years with the original owners) something like that existed, but because most of us used dial-up at the time I could rarely, if ever, get it to work right. I'm not sure if it went away because most people didn't use it, because it took too much bandwidth, because it took too much memory, or something else. It might be worth revisiting with the new owners to see if, with ten years of technological and software advances, something like that is now more feasible than it once was.

Thanks

If I was a betting man, I'd put me money on "more feasible" nowadays.

I have some coin in this joint , I say we revisit it.

What they ought to do is make a smartphone with GPS and a map function. One that let's you indicate your current location.

:y:

I'm just being silly. It's certainly feasible but I wonder if there is a Vbulletin add-in that's current.

I agree it would be a good function; I'd like to see it.

Marc

Thanks

If I was a betting man, I'd put me money on "more feasible" nowadays.

I have some coin in this joint , I say we revisit it.

How about this?

Everyone who thinks this is a good idea and would like to see it implemented, post a comment here saying "I'd like to see that," "Me too," "Count me in" or something along those lines and in two or three days I will move this thread to the "Forum Feedback" Section so that Austin will see it.

Everybody okay with that?

I wouldn't mind seeing a feature like this.

As a minimum, it would be nice if more people used the existing feature of showing their location in their post's header. Lots of posts refer to "here" without giving any indication of where they are. To some, that could be annoying.

Not a fan but the NSA already knows where I live and are storing backup images of my hard drives. Bastards wouldn't give a copy when my data files drive took a dump, tho. Lost all my Diablo II save files.

Not a fan but the NSA already knows where I live and are storing backup images of my hard drives. Bastards wouldn't give a copy when my data files drive took a dump, tho. Lost all my Diablo II save files.
It could be set up to show pins with names attached or incognito .

On your note........

OH FOR SURE, THESE DAYS IF SOMEONE IS LOOKING FOR YOU, GOOD BET YOU WILL BE FOUND!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell. Like Kit, I'm already on so many watchlists, what's another one?

I was under the impression that it was a map to show geotags.

Diablo II, one of my favorite obsessions. I normally play a Paladin. There's nothing quite like inflicting blunt trauma on the forces of darkness with a magic scepter.

:gavel:

Seems there are a few interested.
I d me-self am interested in how it lays out by terrain.
Flat landers vs Mountain folk.

I'm in, within a square mile of my home there are five separate households of us rocketeers, ( NAR/TRA memebers) Within 2 blocks of my home there are 2 of them. On the same street as mine 4 blocks away there is another one. The 5th one is about 3/4 mile away. I'm on my own but the other 4 have multiple members, sons and wives.

Back