UKAYRoC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Space Oddity

Reaction score
I was reading the Aerospace,Defence, and Security web site today. They are a UK trade association for the aerospace and defence industry. I was pleased to read that they are the organiser of this year's UK Aerospace Youth Rocketry Challenge (UKAYRoC) event being held during June.

Given my complaints in the past about the amateur nature of the hobby, I think it is good news that the UK Aerospace industry is involved.
Even better that Lockheed Martin (UK) and UTC Aerospace (also UK) are sponsoring the event with the stated aim of encouraging 11 to 18 year olds into the Aerospace industry. Maybe elements of rocketry might find their way into the apprentice schools of aerospace and engineering companies?

Even better, it seems that following the UK competition the winners will attend the Paris Air Show for the international competition.

I think that this is just the sort of initiative needed to promote the hobby into something relevant to many and I'm encouraged to see that it is happening in the UK and internationally in Europe.

Well done also to Rockets and Things who appear to be the nominated supplier for the event.

SO.

Last edited:
Back