The last of the new builds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the last one from this build binge.

The working name for this is "Atomic Avenger" This is an homage to "the future that never was"; classic retro sci-fi.

It sports a 4" diameter airframe and a 29mm motor mount.

Eventually, I would like to get Stickershock to do a spiffy logo for one of the fins.

17313033643_f1b3f67b62_z.jpg"

That is seriously cool. :D It looks like something you'd see in one of the old black and white Sci-Fi's. I almost expect to see the wires holding it up. :wink:

Real nice. Scotty's mention of the color is spot on. My Buck Rogers Venus Duo-Destroyer sports the same combo, as well as the Intergalactic Commuter in my avatar.

Nice work.

Thanks guys. I wanted to be true to the genre, and asked for color recommendations from the resident king of retro, Llayne Pemberton. He sent me a bunch of pics of retro sci-fi drawings (I think from a book?). I almost went with light blue instead of the yellow.

She got her maiden flight at NSL on a CTI G80 Skidmark.

foamy, I'd love to see some larger pics of your creations.

Thanks guys. I wanted to be true to the genre, and asked for color recommendations from the resident king of retro, Llayne Pemberton. He sent me a bunch of pics of retro sci-fi drawings (I think from a book?). I almost went with light blue instead of the yellow.

She got her maiden flight at NSL on a CTI G80 Skidmark.

foamy, I'd love to see some larger pics of your creations.

You are much too kind.....
But thank you.
We were proud to be a very small part of bringing this beauty to life.
And since it is now official we can announce that the Atomic Avenger will be offered as a kit from Pemberton Technologies. That is as soon as we unpack from the move and I get my shop up and running.
All the credit goes to Lawrence, this was his brainchild from start to finish.

You are much too kind.....
But thank you.
We were proud to be a very small part of bringing this beauty to life.
And since it is now official we can announce that the Atomic Avenger will be offered as a kit from Pemberton Technologies. ?..
Well, that beats all!

Although it represents a failed flight, I wanted to share this photo from Kevin Boyd. It show the rocket from a very cool perspective

(If you look below and to the left of the rocket, embedded in the cloud of smoke, you can see half of the launch pad suspended horizontally in midair...yes she's gonna get retooled with rail buttons)

27551043025_f8e90e6365_o.jpg

Now that is rod whip! Sad, but glad to chose to run away rather than return home. I hope the rebuild will be straight forward.

I really like the tubes around the engine mount. That looks pretty cool from behind.

Back