BattleBots are Back!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A live taping in...Vallejo? Only 90 minutes away?! On Mare Island where I worked as a yoot?!?! Tomorrow and Friday??!! Only $10 per session?

I was a battlebots competitor for seasons 3 & 4. I hope what they do this time is up to the same standards or higher.

I watched every episode. It was great.

- George Gassaway

[video=youtube;Oo3zWxO3yYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo3zWxO3yYs[/video]

Last edited:
I will be thrilled if they do it like they did the first few seasons. That is, before they introduced all the slapstick, cute girls, and really stupid cornball humor. The original poke fun humor was actually pretty good.

I've been watching this season and thoroughly enjoying it.:)
I love it when there is a really stupid design up against a really good one, like what just happened between Tombstone and Radioactive.
Radioactive never even had a chance!:lol:

Tombstone is a local bot.

I always find it humorous when someone talks about "local" in their post but doesn't show their location or, at least, a club affiliation that may help readers narrow it down.

Anyway, I'm keeping tabs on the show on Hulu. Glad to see the MIT team advance in their rematch.
For those who attended the event live, were there more than the 32 bots the show is featuring?

I always find it humorous when someone talks about "local" in their post but doesn't show their location or, at least, a club affiliation that may help readers narrow it down.

Anyway, I'm keeping tabs on the show on Hulu. Glad to see the MIT team advance in their rematch.
For those who attended the event live, were there more than the 32 bots the show is featuring?

Yes, I was at the taping for the finals. It takes a long time to tape one episode. They had some mini-bouts they are apparently not televising. I missed them that afternoon standing in a long line for a taco truck...

Yes, I was at the taping for the finals. It takes a long time to tape one episode. They had some mini-bouts they are apparently not televising. I missed them that afternoon standing in a long line for a taco truck...

Thanks, Bill. I figured it was a multi-day event, possibly spaced out over weeks, to allow repairs between rounds. The mini-bouts makes sense, too. I hope those were more entertaining than the pee-wee hockey that occurs between periods at a pro game.

I also hope you caught enough of the matches and that they were good to make it worth your while (and the tacos, too).

Back