• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Info: Estes Extreme 12 (7225) BT-55 Body Tube length

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought an Extreme 12 a while ago, and thought I'd build it as two other rockets (one based on a BT-60, the other on the BT-55). Well since then, I shelved that idea, and now I want to go ahead and build it. Problem is... I used the BT-55 body tube for some other project, and I didn't make a note of how long it was.

I know that the Sustainer and the Booster's Fin cans are 4.5", and the main portion of the lower airframe is 18"... How long is the BT-55 section?

BTW, I checked out RocketReviews, and there's no .rkt file (or .ork file) for it, and the instructions only has part numbers (not lengths). The Bodytube/Kit Reference doesn't include it either.

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:
Try ninfinger.org. Under his model rocket section, he has a list of body tube sizes for the Estes and Centuri tubes. If you have the part number, it will tell you the length.

Phil L.

Try ninfinger.org. Under his model rocket section, he has a list of body tube sizes for the Estes and Centuri tubes. If you have the part number, it will tell you the length.

Phil L.

Over on YORF, Rex R has measured his at just under 11 3/8". The tube sizes guide has the part number at 10 3/4" (or as 3 7/8" long). Obviously Estes isn't consistent with its part numbers, so I'd like to see if anybody else has one to measure. Actually, now that I think about it, I'll just go ask JumpJet...

Now I'm wondering if Estes changed the kit at some time... It wouldn't be the first time they've done that (Think Cherokee D).

I know that the instructions and the catalog don't match up with the appearance (instructions call for a red transition and nosecone, Catalog shows those as grey).

And the official Answer is:

JumpJet said:
The BT-55 tube in the Extreme 12 kit is 10.75" long.

John Boren

Thanks for clearing this up John!

And Thanks to everyone who checked their models out to find me the answer!

Turned out that Rex was analyzing the image, not the actual part.

All The Best!
Jim

Last edited:
Back