Another one rolls off the bench

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to create a NASA Probe/lander type of design. I also wanted to experiment with adding some greebles to create some surface interest.

Well, I made plenty of mistakes along the way and it is not my best work as far as craftsmanship goes. But I did learn a lot in the process, and had fun with it.

Here is the result: Pulsar Probe. It stands 16" tall, and sports a 24mm motor mount.

I still want to add a few minor details, and few decals.

17910516861_0757d70a26_z.jpg

Last edited:
I like it! These are the kinds of rockets that really appeal to me. I love the sci-fi look that sparks the imagination. I wish I were more talented (and patient) at doing this kind of work. What are all the little details you added?

I like it. Great job. I especially like the color choices. I have always liked that shade of grey and the red stands out well.

Do you plan on sharing plans or did you build it on the fly?

All I ever saw was a 2D drawing of it. When he showed me the pic today, I couldn't believe my eyes. That'll get some serious attention this weekend.

I like it. Great job. I especially like the color choices. I have always liked that shade of grey and the red stands out well.

Do you plan on sharing plans or did you build it on the fly?

Thank you. I started with a plan on paper. The basic construction is per the plan. However, the detailing stuff was all on the fly. I'd be happy to share my drawings, but perhaps we should wait until after I fly it this weekend? :duck:

Reminds me of a 50's Sci-Fi moon lander. Very cool.

I like it! These are the kinds of rockets that really appeal to me. I love the sci-fi look that sparks the imagination. I wish I were more talented (and patient) at doing this kind of work. What are all the little details you added?

If you like sci-fi stuff, stay tuned for the last build from this go round. It is classic retro sci-fi

Thirsty, many of the details are styrene shapes - T-beam, square and rectangular channels. Others are straight pins, card stock, spruce strips, bamboo skewers, stick-on "googly" eyes, lancets, pull rings from milk cartons, and the top of a Milk Chug bottle.

Can we get a pic of the Fat-Bottom of that beauti?
VERY STYLISHISSSSS.
Bottle cap rings on the fins?
Cut nc with another nc on top?
☆□●◇《》♡♥♥
Edit> rings with picks on them?

Can we get a pic of the Fat-Bottom of that beauti?
VERY STYLISHISSSSS.
Bottle cap rings on the fins?
Cut nc with another nc on top?
☆□●◇《》♡♥♥
Edit> rings with picks on them?

Here you go Mr. Dawg.

Those are commercially available BT-80 rings. The ribs are beveled sections of bamboo skewers. As you can see, skewer sections were also used to reinforce the joints of the "stiffener" that runs across the diameter of each ring.

That is a Milk Chug cap that surrounds the base of the tail cone.

The original design called for PNC-60 NA. But GB thought it needed something more stylish, so he turned me a custom "Old School Dude" balsa cone.

17310883993_6c2eb900fd_z.jpg

TWOC_1_DEANS%20ONE%20PERCENT%20MILK%20CHUG%20HALF%20PINT.jpg

Last edited:
Sweeeeet. The surface detailing really makes it pop.

Do provide more details on where all the little rings and squares and such came from.

Cool.
I was thinking the MMT cap thingy was off a whip cream can.
Dont believe ive seen a CHug bottle before.
Anywhoooooooo.....you and GB make a good design team.

Very nice. Must have been fun to concoct and build. I dare say it should get some attention when you launch it.

Pics please.

Nice! Looks like something Revelle and Monogram would market! (I guess that would be an "RMC" [Rocket Model Conversion] conversion?)

Will that be a tight fit for the chute?

Nice! Looks like something Revelle and Monogram would market! (I guess that would be an "RMC" [Rocket Model Conversion] conversion?)

Will that be a tight fit for the chute?

Wow, thank you! There is approximately 9" of space in the core tube (BT-60) to hold the 18" 'chute and the wadding. It does take some careful packing.

WOW, that thing looks awesome. Your sense of style is great. I can add a lot of junk to the outer surface of my rockets but the results still often look like a mess.

Looks great. I thought this was a thread about near finished rockets falling over and getting war wounds before the first flight.

I like the googley eyes!

Back