Loki Research Specials 5/19/15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loki Research

Motor Manufacturer
Reaction score
Please visit the Loki Research "Specials page" for current sales specials. Limited items are available.

Hopefully this will raise enough money to keep Eric Foster busier than he already is for another month or so with more needed hardware production :)

I'm looking at my phone drooling on the screen over that 240 motor deal. If only I had more of that magical green paper... :rolleyes:

order placed on the 240 deal. should be some nice loads for my RW Go Devil.

Your 98mm page is giving me this in Chrome: "No data received ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

And this in Firefox: Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

You didn't have to twist my arm much, I was already waiting for the 38/240 to show up as back in stock. Order placed.

Your 98mm page is.....

Mike, thanks for the heads up. Greg's been getting some work done making upgrades to the site and I've been updating pages all over. I'm guessing that has something to do with what you're seeing. I just took a look at the 98mm page in both Firefox and IE 11 and it seems to be working as it should for me. I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow.

There are 6 of the 38/240 specials remaining. Just remember emails, PM's and dibbs only get responses, they don't get product purchased. ;-)
Thank you to those who have placed an order. I'll get started on them tomorrow.

Good night

Mike, thanks for the heads up. Greg's been getting some work done making upgrades to the site and I've been updating pages all over. I'm guessing that has something to do with what you're seeing.

Has something to do with the security certificate. I turned off my virus protection and it loaded properly in both browsers.

Getting a positive for a trojan.
Here is what Avast is reporting: HTML:HideMe-F[Trj]

Last edited:
PULL THE TRIGGER NATE! :)

EDIT: Only THREE 38/240 sets left.
After that, the only 240 cases I'll have are a pair of cases cut down from longer new hardware that had a defect of one kind or another removed. That is until I get the new hardware from Eric plated and received.

Don't forget to get the word out on the EX hardware specials. Those hard anodized cases are some of the finest ever made.

Mike, Thank you again. I've sent an email to Greg this morning to check it out. I guess my AVG is just hanging out. I'm not sure why it's not seeing it.

Last edited:
EDIT: Only TWO 38/240 sets left.
After that, the only 240 cases I'll have are a pair of cases cut down from longer new hardware that had a defect of one kind or another removed. That is until I get the new hardware from Eric plated and received.

What do I need to order to get the 38/240 sale item? Little confused with your web site.
Is this the sale item? Is that also a complete motor enclosure with no other accessories required?
38mm 240 Ns motor with delay bulkhead and #16 nozzle. For use with Loki Research reloads.

EDIT: Only ONE new 38/240 set left.

Tim, Here is an example of what you need to order on the website. The last two reloads can be something different than what is shown below. They just can't be two of the same thing.

1 - 38mm 240 Ns Commercial motor $75.00
1 - H-90 Reload $25.00
1 - H-160 $25.00
1 - H-100 Reload $30.00
1 - H-144 Reload $25.00

Total - $180.00

The website doesn't bill you $180. I do billing myself after shipping charges are figured at the post office. I can't do Standard Post online.

The 38mm Loki reloads use a CTI 38mm DAT Tool for adjusting the ejection delays. If you do not already own one of those, you will need to pick one up. It's the 4th item down on the 38mm hardware page.

Just (hopefully) ordered that last 38 special.

Yep, you got it! The website has been updated.

I still have two 38/240 cases left that were cut down from new longer cases that had defects of one kind or another removed. They will still be warrantied as new hardware but they will not have anodizing where the new machine work has been performed. If anyone is interested in these last two, jump on them while they are still here.

Thank you to all who took part in this. Thank you very much.

Light blue is type 2 anodizing and the dark blue is type 3 hard coat anodizing. Please specify in the comment box which one you want, if it matters to you.

DSC_1487.jpg

DSC_1489.jpg

DSC_1491.jpg

I have cases in both the Type 2 and Hard Coat. You really can't go wrong with either one. You'll never know (nor will anyone else) that these were cut down from longer cases. Everything about Scott's rework looks "factory new". I know first hand as Scott turned a 38/480 into a 38/240 for me after a less than nominal recovery.

I too got a cut down 240 case and its great! I actually like the non anodized ends and snap ring groove because they tend to dent and get scratched there anyways and without the anodizing it can't be seen.

I have cases in both the Type 2 and Hard Coat. You really can't go wrong with either one. You'll never know (nor will anyone else) that these were cut down from longer cases. Everything about Scott's rework looks "factory new". I know first hand as Scott turned a 38/480 into a 38/240 for me after a less than nominal recovery.

Less than nominal recovery-- is that similar to "Unscheduled Rapid Disassembly"?

Less than nominal recovery as in - I got GO! fever and didn't arm the altimeters. The fincan survived, as did the motor case - after a bit of help from Scott.

Only the light blue type II case is remaining. ONE LEFT!!!

Everything about Scott's rework looks "factory new"

Well, almost. Thanks though. :) I (or anyone) am only as good as the material. I took a look over the cases and the light blue case has an excentric wall thickness on one side. I'm not worried about that at all however since the 240 motors operate at the lowest pressures of all the 38's. I've seen worse. And like I said, it still has the same warranty. Just the same, I'd rather let you guys know, than not.

Do I need to go find more out of spec new 38 hardware to cut down anyone? I've got a laser marked 740 case (type II ano) that has 2 snap ring grooves in the same end. I can make a pair of 240 cases out of it. One of them will still say it's a 38/740, even though it's not.

Last edited:
DAMIT DAMIT DAMIT @$^#!&^@*)(&)*(&@^^

freeking b**t holes I take one day off to watch a ball game and this happens, cant leave one last laser cases for me could you!!!!!! DAMN vultures!!

TA

Last edited:
Just to fan the flames a little bit - I'll chime in and say that Scott's cases and propellant are simply outstanding. The 38/240 is the perfect gateway into Loki - the cost is reasonable and the loads are just fantastic. The H-144 is one of my favorite motors for the East Coast - it will rock any 38mm rocket off the pad with authority. You would swear that there is a more powerful motor in there but you also reap the benefits of a lower altitude so you can keep your rocket out of those pesky trees.

Furthermore, Scott is a great guy and will take the time to help you if you have questions, concerns or problems.

Finally, after picking up the 38/240 you will be checking out the 54mm/76mm motors before you know it, dreaming of spending your 401k on some high-end casing and propellant and checking out all the youtube videos you can scour up of Loki propellant.

If you were considering this don't hesitate. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Just to fan the flames a little bit - I'll chime in and say that Scott's cases and propellant are simply outstanding. The 38/240 is the perfect gateway into Loki - the cost is reasonable and the loads are just fantastic. The H-144 is one of my favorite motors for the East Coast - it will rock any 38mm rocket off the pad with authority. You would swear that there is a more powerful motor in there but you also reap the benefits of a lower altitude so you can keep your rocket out of those pesky trees.

Furthermore, Scott is a great guy and will take the time to help you if you have questions, concerns or problems.

Finally, after picking up the 38/240 you will be checking out the 54mm/76mm motors before you know it, dreaming of spending your 401k on some high-end casing and propellant and checking out all the youtube videos you can scour up of Loki propellant.

If you were considering this don't hesitate. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Jason,

You are most kind. Thank you so much for your glowing endorsement. It is great to see such a happy and satisfied customer. :D

AlfaBrewer said:
I know first hand as Scott turned a 38/480 into a 38/240 for me after a less than nominal recovery.

I was thinking about this out in the shop while working on these orders and you bring up a very good point about Loki Research hardware. Snap ring cases are very easy to repair down to a smaller commercial case by simply cutting them down and re-grooving them on a lathe. Threaded cases are a much harder task to repair and so most often they never are. This is almost always an option with snap ring cases in most instances when there is damage to all but the shortest cases. But even then sometimes what's left could still be worth something to an EX guy or gal. ;-)

You can never have to many 38/240 while its a breeze to load in the field after every flight, I want to have at least 3 loaded and ready to go per launch.

TA

Back