Need elf repellant

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Like the cobbler of yore, I have a serious elf infestation

Every morning, I come downstairs to my office, turn on my work computer, and send the dogs outside. While I wait for the computer to boot up, I go next door to my workshop, turn on the light and this is what greets me:
17858712661_4721b46c87_z.jpg

:y::y::y::y::y:

Every morning I clean up the mess and the very next day, the elves have done it again!

What can I do to get rid of the little buggers??!!?

I don't know if they still make Bat-shark repellant, but maybe it is compatible. Ask Adam West!

I want to know what you do with

• Two bottles of Windex
  • A wire brush
  • A roll of duct tape with what looks like seahorses on it

:confused:

I found 2 bottles of Windex in my shop cabinet. I returned one of them to the kitchen.

I used the Windex and the brush to get the cobwebs and mud off my rocket rack (from Checkered Flag)

The roll of duct tape was a gift in my Christmas stocking. Those are mustaches, not seahorses. You can see the face card for an Estes Cobra among the debris. That kit comes with little missiles. By laying a section of duct tape down, sticky side up, I could hold the missiles' fin units in place while I glued in the missile bodies (sections of 1/8" dowel) into those fin units.

Actually, you should be grateful that Elves have taken an interest in your work space, Their craftsmanship is far superior to mortal humans. Any rocket they make will fly straight and land near the launch pad. Just like magic!
Windex has many beneficial properties, watch "My big fat Greek wedding" for some tips.
As you can tell, I'm a "glass half full" kinda guy.....

I dunno if OFFl will work on elves or not, but it's worth a try. I know from experience it's good for a laugh.

attachment.php

I am afraid to take a picture of my bench, the darn Elves worked some over time, they even hit the shop took about 4 hours to clean up their last disaster.

Those evil Elves have officially commandeered my workbench. I need industrial strength Elf Repellant!
I got the Workbench Blues!

Workbench Blues 2015-05-19 006.jpg

At least the Eggspress is coming along. Thanks again for the Nose Cone LW.

The Elves around here have turned my wife's laundry table into something they call the "rocket factory." Sometimes they leave it that way for weeks! Then she gets on MY case about it! Next time, I'm just going to tell her, "Take it up with the Elves."

You know, I've spent a bunch of money accumulating the tools I needed, but somehow left off the Busch beer and Pringles :facepalm:

You know, I've spent a bunch of money accumulating the tools I needed, but somehow left off the Busch beer and Pringles :facepalm:

I recommend Busch beer to anyone that doesn't mind a less expensive Anheuser brand, but too much of that while putty coating your rocket, results in hours of sanding....and sanding...and sanding...

My favorite beverage when applying Elf Repellant was Leinenkugel's Red, which is darn near impossible to get in WA state. I developed a taste for it while stationed at Ft. Belvoir twenty some odd years ago. And I still find Elves repugnant.

The only way to get rid of an Elf infestation is to introduce a population of wild Garden Gnomes. But that brings its own problems...

Back