inspired by the A-20 demon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rex,

Nice looking sim... I created my own sim based on the Demon.

[EDIT] I replaced the image originally in this post with an updated one that has the Semroc BNC-55AM nosecone per Rex R's measurements. Since I don't have a sample of the actual nosecone from Estes, this is the best I can do. The markings are still a best guess [/EDIT]

I'm not 100% on the markings and the nosecone, but I am confident in the body tube lengths and the fin shape. When I get more info on the NC and print up a copy of the decals, I'll see if I can get an updated version uploaded. The black fin is painted per the drawn instructions, not the face card photograph. If you want the face card photo version you'd need to move the LL's 90 degrees clockwise (if the black fin was at 0 degrees, the LL's would be at 225 degrees).

Last edited:
give me up to 15min :). my internet connection was down so I'm about 15hr.s behind...anywho photo below. have to sand etc. :)
Rex

A20nose 001.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! When I first saw your numbers, I'll admit I thought that it included the length of the shoulder. I'm at school now so I couldn't open the .ork file. I'll update the file when I get home.

Ok... Home now...

Rex, your numbers don't match up...

There must be a shoulder on that cone... I'm guessing it's 1/2" (due to your use of the body tube segment). Can you measure it for me (photo showing it is also helpful).

[EDIT] Ok, now I see that there's a cylindrical section behind the conic section... Still, I need to know how long that shoulder is)

Oh, and what's the part number for the NC? [/EDIT]

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:
13/16" and 'sem-bnc-55am', cg is 3" from the tip overall length 4.2". chrome monokote was ironed onto the payload tube

Ok... Here we go...

Estes A-20 Demon (K-58) (Clone W/Semroc BNC-55AM Nosecone)

This sim is not intended for giving flight characteristics, it is for building an accurate clone of the original. As such the simulation may not give accurate information on how the rocket would perform in the real world.

The grey bands are meant as simulations of the foil decals, and the black bands represent the waterslide decals (but are best guesses only).

View attachment Estes A-20 Demon (K-58) (Clone with Semroc BNC-55AM nosecone).ork

Last edited:
Back