So Sick Of Bigfoot!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
Enough Said.
I used to own every single episode of National Geogrphic at one time.
Now, the "Nat Geo" Channel is like chasing Bigfoots.
WTF?
Even Les Stroud who is pretty straight up got into the Bigfoot thing.
I don't like "Mockumenturies":(

Last edited:
One big problem with 24hr specialty networks is they have time to fill and not enough quality material to fill it with. It could be worse, they could devote an entire series to tracking down Bat Boy.

I think one of the most misleading names for a show in all of history is the one called "Finding Bigfoot." Really? Finding Bigfoot? How 'bout we call it something else until you actually do find a Bigfoot.

I recently saw a clip show that had a clip of some hillbillies with night vision cameras stumbling around in the dark looking for cryptids, and they claimed to have caught a Devil Dog in a trap, but before they could get close enough to film it, a Bigfoot let it loose.

That's why no one ever catches Bigfoot, Nessie, Sasquatch, Devil Dog, Grassman, Wampus Beast, Mothman, Lizard Demon, or the Chupacabra --- they are all working together to cover their tracks!

There has only been one factual account of Bigfoot/Sasquatch.

Pick of Destiny

Sasquatch played by John C. Reilly

JB & KG said:
Sasquatch,
We know your legend's real.
Sasquatch,
We know your love is real.
Sasquatch,
You and Tenacious D, are...real.

I personally love the Les Stroud version. I get a kick out of the big foot/alien thing, not sure which I like more. I enjoy pondering "what if".

If it weren't for The Soup on E! making fun of such shows, I wouldn't know they existed.

If you want to, they are easy enough to avoid.

Nat Geo had some promos for good looking shows years ago before they showed up on the level of cable I'm willing to pay for. There's not much there that's worth watching now that my bill has been expanded to include it. TLC used to be The Learning Channel; Discovery used to have some quality shows; TruTV used to be Court TV and showed non-sensational shows; A&E and Bravo used to provide quality entertainment for snobs like me. Now, not so much.

I'm enjoying my Netflix and Hulu Plus accounts. At least I can see some of the better old stuff. If I can pick up a few more sources, I can drop the cable and get rid of the larger part of my Comcast bill.

I thought everyone already new that the so called,"Bigfoot" is the "Ancient Alien" race in which were made from through a jean pool!
Because every human on Earth can be traced by DNA back to a single woman in Africa, named Jean.
Her mate was name Levi.

I dropped cable a year ago. History and Discovery used to be good channels. I think History International or something was like the old History channel. Then reality TV took over. My favorite reality show was AMC's The Walking Dead. Not much less real than the others . . .

I thought everyone already new that the so called,"Bigfoot" is the "Ancient Alien" race in which were made from through a jean pool!
Because every human on Earth can be traced by DNA back to a single woman in Africa, named Jean.
Her mate was name Levi.
I guess that little Wrangler next door came over to have tea with Jean while Levi was at the tree farm--:facepalm: And so Lee the dog faced boy came to be !!

From Wikipedia:
National Geographic Channel (also commercially abbreviated and trademarked as Nat Geo) is the American digital cable and satellite television channel that is owned by Fox Cable Networks division of 21st Century Fox and the National Geographic Society.
The channel airs non-fiction television programs produced by National Geographic and other production companies. Like History and Discovery Channel, the channel features documentaries with factual content involving nature, science, culture, and history, plus some reality and pseudo-scientific entertainment programming.

Considering National Geographic's history and Fox Cable's history, I'll bet I know where the crap is coming from.

It seams the more channels that are available the less quality programing is available. When the networks went into the T & A era, cable came along with programing I like. At least now with these reality BS shows I have the Internet and specific forums I can use to occupy my self with. About 10 years ago there was a special ops reality show that a friend as all pumped up to watch. I told him "how the #%£€ can a special ops person be stealthy with a camera crew in tow?"
The junk in mass media boggles my mind.

Hey! Look! There's a couple of clear photos of Big Foots.

78est004.jpg

I wanna see more of 'em!

Last edited:
Bruce Springsteen said it best "57 channels and Nothin on", of course that was 1990-something, now we have hundreds of channels and nothing on.

If it weren't for The Soup on E! making fun of such shows, I wouldn't know they existed.

That's how I know about these shows too. Joel McHale watches it all for you, so you don't have to! Thanks Joel! I really like the fact they sift through tons of crap to find the few golden nuggets. It's a real public service.

Reality show clip time
Let's talk about chicks (Chicks, man.)
Clippos Magnificos (Are you serious?)
Gay Shows! (shows featured may not actually be gay)
Chat Stew (So Meaty)
The Clip of the Week (Aaaaaaooooooooo....)

I can watch a whole week's worth of crap in a half hour. Adult beverages help wash it on down.

Last edited:
You know why no one has ever found a Bigfoot corpse? Because there is also a species of gigantic, prehistoric vulture out there, called "Megaraptor," that eat them all up before anyone can find them.

[video=youtube;jjcn6defMNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjcn6defMNQ[/video]

The reason there's no Big Foot is that he admitted that his whole life he's always felt more like a Sasquatch, and a few years ago went through MCRP (Mythical Creature Reassignment Procedure).

I'm pretty sure that's what inspired Bruce Gender to become public with his switch.

No go off on the other side of the bush, but...
I refuse to pay for TV anymore.
Have an antenna thingy on the wall in the living room that gets local program for news and weather.
I go through the wII and use Netflex.
I am so fed up with commercials that I refuse to pay to watch a show you can't follow because of commercial time.
For instance, I watched a movie last night, 1.47. On paid TV, they turned it into a 4.0 commercial fest of 5 different commercials ran over, n over, n over....
Plus you can go online and watch history channel and a numb3r of other stations' programing without commercials via their website.
BTW, Strauss was the name of the dog face boy....;p

Don't be too sure about Bigfoot. They think they recovered one of his shoes.

Big Foot's Shoe.jpg

There are even Bigfoot sightings in parts of Eastern Oklahoma which means either there are multiple colonies of Bigfoot or somehow Bigfoot manages to migrate between the Pacific Northwest and Oklahoma without becoming bumper-fodder on the front of some Kenworth, Peterbuilt or Freightliner.

On those rare occasions when I have seen this show, I have always been amazed that they spend tens of thousands of dollars to fly five guys and a film crew halfway across the country (or around the world) and when they get there they say something like, " Now we're going to install camera traps to catch Bigfoot as he walks through this area where he has been often seen." And, after spending all that money getting there, and hotels, and food, and equipment, etc. they have exactly TWO camera traps that you can buy at Cabela's for about $100.

Really? Just two?

On those rare occasions when I have seen this show, I have always been amazed that they spend tens of thousands of dollars to fly five guys and a film crew halfway across the country (or around the world) and when they get there they say something like, " Now we're going to install camera traps to catch Bigfoot as he walks through this area where he has been often seen." And, after spending all that money getting there, and hotels, and food, and equipment, etc. they have exactly TWO camera traps that you can buy at Cabela's for about $100.

Really? Just two?

I'm guessing that people who can think are not their target audience. :wink:

It is somewhat ironic that the subject of Bigfoot would be brought up today. Bigfoot, AKA Sasquatch, was reported to have been seen in Stevens County, Washington in or near the Colville Indian Reservation. My son is a mechanical engineer who currently works for a forensic engineering firm and is today doing a field investigation at the reservation. Something to do with the plumbing. Perhaps a Bigfoot dropped major league duece in one of the wigwams? In any event I hope he takes some pictures as it is a beautiful part of the world.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...XShcs-KHbsWM:;3JXShcs-KHbsWM:;n0g-VL60sUiv4M:

Back