Secret Santa Christmas In July 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, the Posting Office FINALLY picked up my package and it is inbound hot.

Alas, no SS gift of my own yet.

75Grandville, your secret santa reported that the item he ordered is on backorder, and prob will be late getting to you in time.

Wanted to do this earlier, but been so busy. Here is the official Ordered/Received List.

75GrandvilleOrdered
AlfaBrewerOrderedReceived
Arizona SportsmanOrderedReceived
BABARReceived
BlackbrandtOrdered
CodysmithOrderedReceived
CzTeacherManOrderedReceived
DanhOrderedReceived
EtoyocOrderedReceived
FlyfalconsOrderedReceived
HeavyLightOrderedReceived
Major TomOrderedReceived
MassrokitOrderedReceived
MightyrocketmanOrderedReceived
Pem TechOrdered
RAHagenOrderedReceived
rc dudeOrderedReceived
Rocketjoe13OrderedReceived
Salvage-1Ordered
SCOTTY DOGOrderedReceived

Tracking is showing that my 2 day priority will not get to a certain place until Monday. Which is completely weird, as it seems that a certain place also sent out a package to find it's way HERE.

Two packages, the same day, crossing in the middle??? Nope.

Mine got here today and was ripped open by the kids as they saw that they recognised the senders name.

Dear Sender, Thank you for the box full of manure, I have heard that the beans from these animals can be put straight onto the tomato plants!!

Dear Recipient (which seems to also be the same as "Dear Sender", see above). There is a box headed out to you RIGHT NOW. I am hoping that it takes the same amount of time to get to you and yours did to get to me (24 hours).

I am NOT going to throw out a hint whom the 'Sender' and 'Recipient's name is. Coz Robert would then blush, as we dont know his as Robert. Also, I think there are too many Rob's out there in Rocket Launch Land, so, from now out, we shall all go by his assumed, chosen, and registered name of
"He who shall eat roughage"

If ANY of you understood ANY of that last post..... you are better than me

Quick Recap.

I got my pressie and the kids opened it. The refuse to tell me what is actually INSIDE the box, but the youngest has claimed at least ONE of the items that were inside. I was also told that there is a replacement for the 'first rocket you ever flew dad' in there. Which could be an Astron Sprite, but I do believe that was about 15 years BEFORE these kids were born!!.. The other guess is a Big D.

To the recipient of my Box (oooohhhh ooooeeeewww.. phrasing!). It may get there today, it may not. If it DOESN'T get there today, please feel free to open an empty box and make "ooohhhh" sounds.
Also please note that your SSi4J pressie is a TWO PART pressie. One box hasn't gone out yet, as I just got the item myself.

Confused?

Okay it's the 4rth in Tennessee
Got my 38mm motor mount tubes AND a separate package today with a 6mm carbon. Fiber tube
Looks like this will be the year for my high power helicopter rocket!
Thanks Secret Santa.
As for guessing, I can figure out who it WASN't Based on shipping reports on the thread. Still leaves a lo of people.
Will work my way down the list
Arizona Sportsman , are you my Secret Santa? (Why does this sound like a Dr. Seuss book?)

Sweet! Just opened up my box to find a full 38/240 motor from Loki!

Thanks Secret Santa!

And who's my secret Santa? I've got a pretty good guess from the USPS mailing label on the box... Alfabrewer?

Received a CTI 2 grain case and a vagabond rocket. I think my SS is hinting that I convert the rocket to AP power. Thanks for the nice SS gift in July.

I opened mine shortly after midnight to find a Black Star Voyager and a couple of D12-3's. I'm not ashamed to say that I've already got it half done. :D Thanks again to my SS.

Just opened mine, and I received a gift certificate to Madcow Rocketry! It will come in handy because the next rocket I want to build is a mini tomach turned 38mm MD, to match my 54mm tomach.
Now to find out who it is from. The return address just says secret Santa and is from California, but the post office stamp is from macon, ga. Hmmm...

My son just reminded me I had a Christmas gift in the workshop... I opened it up to find an Estes partizon . Thanks Santa.
My guess as to whom my secret Santa is. Well, the box says Kyle Robertson , however not sure of your screen name and it was sent from California . Scrolling through a few old post I noticed rc dude is from NorCal.

Rc dude are you my secret Santa?

Thanks again for the partizon and thanks to papa elf for setting up the secret Santa again.

Merry Christmas in July to all!

My son just reminded me I had a Christmas gift in the workshop... I opened it up to find an Estes partizon . Thanks Santa.
My guess as to whom my secret Santa is. Well, the box says Kyle Robertson , however not sure of your screen name and it was sent from California . Scrolling through a few old post I noticed rc dude is from NorCal.

Rc dude are you my secret Santa?

Thanks again for the partizon and thanks to papa elf for setting up the secret Santa again.

Merry Christmas in July to all!

That would be me, although my last name is Rodrigues and I thought I didn't put my name on it. Hope you enjoy it!

P.S. did you like the box art? Lol

Got three awesome additions to my rocketry wardrobe. Secret Santa even got the size right on. Awesome! Thanks SS. Hard to guess who but the postmark leads me to believe we've never actually met, unless on a flying field far from each of our homes.

That would be me, although my last name is Rodrigues and I thought I didn't put my name on it. Hope you enjoy it!

P.S. did you like the box art? Lol

Sorry dumb phone autocorrect got me on the name didn't notice. Yes the redline powered rocket was a good touch , although that's what brought attention to the label with your name.

Thanks again!

Had to head out the door early (see first photo) this morning for work, but not before opening my present. For some reason, I had a nagging suspicion that what awaited me in the box was an Estes QCC Explorer, and holy crap, that was it! Wow! What a sharp-looking kit that I can't wait to start building on. :grin: I reached further in the box to see if there was anything else, and my hand grabbed onto a smaller box that must be housing a couple motors or a can of paint for the kit.

Wait a minute, this isn't a box of motors, why does it say Dr Zooch on the side? :jaw: No Way! It's a friggen Soyuz kit! Woohoo, this thing looks bad ass! I had to open the box to check out the contents inside and it should be a great builder's project that'll be very unique at the field. Man I'm stoked to have received that.

What a huge surprise to see that I received two kits as a gift. Many thanks go out to my Secret Santa. :cheers: I have eliminated many names as possibilities but beyond that, just have to make an uneducated guess, so CZ Teacherman, was this you sending me a box of goodies? :santa-smile:

Secret Santa 2015 box.jpg

Secret Santa 2015 gifts.jpg

Sweet! Just opened up my box to find a full 38/240 motor from Loki!

Thanks Secret Santa!

And who's my secret Santa? I've got a pretty good guess from the USPS mailing label on the box... Alfabrewer?

You are correct sir! I was hoping you wouldn't catch the postmark and that using your address as the return addy might throw you off the scent. I should have mailed it from California when I was out there a couple of weeks ago...

As for my present, I opened my box from Fliskits to find not one, not two, but four, yes FOUR kits! Thank you, Secret Santa!!! Sadly, I don't have any clues as to who my SS is.

Last edited:
Opened my box to find a Wildman V2 sport kit! Thanks SS! I'm gonna guess CZTeacherMan?

Well,
I learned who my Secret Santa is and what they got me.... Cody got me a gift certificate to performance hobbies. However, ken has yet to send it.... :(

Thanks cody!!

Well,
I learned who my Secret Santa is and what they got me.... Cody got me a gift certificate to performance hobbies. However, ken has yet to send it.... :(

Thanks cody!!
Bummer, too bad something didn't come in the mail for your sister to mess with!

COOL!
Got me some BT-80s, PNC 80, and a couple of nice nylon chutes.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No clue on whom SS is..but I'll thro out a guess, Cody or AZman?

Just getting around to opening my SS gift. Thanks you for the 3DRocketry FS2, whomever you are, Secret Santa. It was shipped from Bourbonnais (city in Illinois where 3D Rocketry is located), so unless we have someone on the SS list from Bourbonnais, I have no clue who the SS was. SO.. lemme just guess flyfalcons (the statement of shipment kinda works with my arrival date).

Will do!

I have the FS1, and it is a great kit, so the FS2 should be as well!

Back