remember the semroc wish list?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
a while back a wish list of sorts was posted (here; https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?123348-What-would-you-like-to-see-from-Semroc )
well I was looking through the eRockets site looking at semroc nose cones...and found a nose that I had suggested(and ordered it, thank you). be nice to eRockets if you had made a suggestion/request in the wish list...you might want to see if Randy has made it available (and order if you haven't already :)).
Rex

How did you manage to get it ordered when every nose cone offered on the site is on back order?

luck perhaps? I was looking at Estes size balsa noses (about page 5) for bt20 when I decided on a whim to check the bt55 size noses too. did notice that the Estes/standard sizes had a few in stock.
Rex

I think you are looking at the SEMROC site. Everything available is shown on the eRockets website under SEMROC parts. There are quite a few nosecones listed as available.

Man, I wish they'd update the semroc site. I kinda enjoyed browsing there.

Randy just incorporated Semrocs stuff into his site, and its great parts is under Parts from Semroc, and Semroc kits are under Semroc Kits. I like it.

It'll be nice when they get caught up with more description info & images, right now you kind of have to guess which one is which since they aren't using traditional part numbers (like BNC-50X, etc). I just ordered a few things as a sort of test. Most of what I got was what I expected, but there were a couple of cones that had different shapes then I'd guessed. Still, I'll be pleased as they move more stuff from "backordered" to "in stock"...

while they are not as speedy as Semroc, they are fairly fast.
Rex

It'll be nice when they get caught up with more description info & images, right now you kind of have to guess which one is which since they aren't using traditional part numbers (like BNC-50X, etc). I just ordered a few things as a sort of test. Most of what I got was what I expected, but there were a couple of cones that had different shapes then I'd guessed. Still, I'll be pleased as they move more stuff from "backordered" to "in stock"...

I know.
I spent like 30 minutes looking to see if they had a Dome/Hemispherical in BT-80 size. They don't:sad:, but I did find the 4" long BT-80 Ogive which will be good for Phoenix, Sparrow AIM-7A, AIM-120 AMRAAM and RIM-66,67 Standard Missiles, not to mention BT-80 size Patriot M-104!!!
The Martel AS 37 in my Avatar has a modified chopped down plastic nose cone. The 4" Balsa version would have been nice to have.

Last edited:
I did notice today that they had a lot more NC images up than there was last time I looked. I was surprised to see as many sizes of ram jet type cones as the have, though not in BT70 that I was hoping for. Still, they exist in BT5, 20, 50, 55 & 60 sizes of varying lengths. That will be interesting and useful for scratch build designs...

This talk of Semroc parts led me back to eRocket's website, where I discovered that they've turned availability of the Laser-X kit on again. So, of course, that lead to spending money. They also had a kit for the Estes Sprite, something I've been meaning to clone, so I bought that and a few odds & ends to boot...

Hope they bring back that NC-60 long conical - no one else seems to make one.

How did you manage to get it ordered when every nose cone offered on the site is on back order?

Randy knows people really liked the Semroc site, but it just isn't something he can resurrect easily and maintain. Carl wrote some or most of the software for Semroc and that was a while ago. It's showing its age and is not compatible with the system Randy is using in eRockets. Randy has a really good IT guy helping him and they decided the best thing to do is move everything to eRockets which has a more up to date server. You can look at stuff on the Semroc site, but you need to go to eRockets to order it.

Randy said he is working on getting pictures of the nose cones and will put them up on the website. Between making parts, assembling kits, taking photos, integrating Semroc parts and software, repairing the nose cone lathes, figuring out the various Semroc equipment for making parts, finding the data for making the nose cones, and the thousand other things these guys need to do to run a business, they are pretty busy.

I know I'm really lucky that I can just browse the shelves and grab the parts and kits that I want. I bought a bunch of body tubes and nose cones last night that I picked myself. Of course, that's also the downside of going there every Tuesday night; I'm surrounded by thousands of parts and kits that I can just grab off the shelf. If you ever want to be tempted, just come over to the facility some Tuesday night for one of the TORC703 build sessions from 6 to 8:30PM. eRockets is at 6161 Rip Rap Road in Huber Heights. If you walk out of there without a new kit or some parts you are a stronger man than I am!

If you ever want to be tempted, just come over to the facility some Tuesday night for one of the TORC703 build sessions from 6 to 8:30PM. eRockets is at 6161 Rip Rap Road in Huber Heights. If you walk out of there without a new kit or some parts you are a stronger man than I am!

****...just one more reason I need to get back to Dayton for a visit...

FC

Back