AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, where did you pull this image from? I just spent 10 minutes digging but I can't find it on their site.

cheers - mark

Resources > Catalogs, Flyers, Data Sheets & Thrust Curves
"AeroTech RMS Delay Length Cross-Reference"
Its the 5th link in the list starting at the top.

Last edited:
Is there any way I can order just the Floating Forward Closure from the 38mm RAS kit? I seem to have lost mine, only things I can come up with is that I either loaned it to someone and lost track of it, or else someone took it. Would rather not have to re-buy the whole set as I have everything else, just need the FFC. Thanks.

Is there any way I can order just the Floating Forward Closure from the 38mm RAS kit? I seem to have lost mine, only things I can come up with is that I either loaned it to someone and lost track of it, or else someone took it. Would rather not have to re-buy the whole set as I have everything else, just need the FFC. Thanks.

Officially - no.
Unofficially - try calling Aerotech directly. I had a mild burn through on my 38mm FFC, and Aerotech helped out by hooking me up with just the FFC without having to buy the entire kit!

YMMV,
a

I have one I can sell.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Perhaps some wiseacre here can tell my why every vendor is out of stock for just about every aerotech or rouse 29mm RMS component I want for the past 5 months.... Of course I can't even find any way to order direct from aerotech on anything other than hobby line rms products except for 29mm RMS reload kits themselves.

Perhaps some wiseacre here can tell my why every vendor is out of stock for just about every aerotech or rouse 29mm RMS component I want for the past 5 months.... Of course I can't even find any way to order direct from aerotech on anything other than hobby line rms products except for 29mm RMS reload kits themselves.

Perhaps you could tell us what you are looking for? Maybe this wiseacre could help you find it.

The items perpetually out of stock appear to be any motor for 180 on up, any casing such as the 180 or 240 (in some cases, no pun intended, the 100, 120 and up), the 29mm adapter system etc... half of the vendors I frequent are out of the forward or end or both closures etc. I have preferred vendors I like to use because they don't ask for list price to be sure... but I cannot fathom why those are so lucky as to not have this stuff. I prefer to do business with a particular vendor for hardware, but they're not the only ones in this situation (I've emailed three and the answer I get is that stuff is on order and that when it arrives, it's usually a partially filled order that comes dribbling in over the course of months). I can bide my time to be sure since I'm not quite ready to use my desired components (the 29mm adapter and the 240 casing). I just wanted to obtain them sooner rather than later as I'm sure they'll "keep". But the fact remains that several vendors appear to be perpetually out of stock on what are obviously popular components. I'm just looking for a reason at this point...

Last edited:
I think the reason is that you are too picky about who you buy hardware from. I just talked to Bill at Balsa Machining and he has the 29mm reload adapter system (29RAS) but is currently out of the 240 casing. He has all the other casings and carries all the reloads for 29mm in stock. He also said he has a bunch of AT hardware on back order, so you might want to post up a "wanted" thread like I did for a 54/1706 casing. I just got a great deal for that casing from a local flier just by asking for it.
Bill did say he only has one of those adapters, so you might want to give him a call asap.

https://www.balsamachining.com/#

If you pre-order in the next day or two, you get 25% off propellant and 20% off hardware, and it is usually delivered around the end of next month.

Last edited:
I think the reason is that you are too picky about who you buy hardware from. I just talked to Bill at Balsa Machining and he has the 29mm reload adapter system (29RAS) but is currently out of the 240 casing. He has all the other casings and carries all the reloads for 29mm in stock. He also said he has a bunch of AT hardware on back order, so you might want to post up a "wanted" thread like I did for a 54/1706 casing. I just got a great deal for that casing from a local flier just by asking for it.
Bill did say he only has one of those adapters, so you might want to give him a call asap.

https://www.balsamachining.com/#

If you pre-order in the next day or two, you get 25% off propellant and 20% off hardware, and it is usually delivered around the end of next month.

Since I've come back to the hobby after a near twenty year absence, it would never have occurred to me that BMS would be selling stuff other than the "B"... joke's on me I guess. Thanks!

In case you have not heard about the new 38mm No Hazmat J520W, it is one freaky fast motor. I flew one yesterday at Tulsa Rocketry's High Frontier in my Go Devil 38
to an altitude of 10550 feet. Lots of really cool stuff coming from Aerotech these days so try one of these, I think you'll like em. I had the Go Pro in my pocket at the pad but forgot to set it up so sorry no video. Big thanks to Charlie Savoie!!
jmotor1.jpg20171001_110227.jpg

Bring back the G55 :D

Burned one this weekend in my Mini Fat Boy.. Hoo-whee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flyingpig:

In case you have not heard about the new 38mm No Hazmat J520W, it is one freaky fast motor. I flew one yesterday at Tulsa Rocketry's High Frontier in my Go Devil 38
to an altitude of 10550 feet. Lots of really cool stuff coming from Aerotech these days so try one of these, I think you'll like em. I had the Go Pro in my pocket at the pad but forgot to set it up so sorry no video. Big thanks to Charlie Savoie!!
View attachment 329308View attachment 329309

Sounds like a great motor. What did you use for tracking?

I used the MissleWorks RTx GPS Telematic System. I got it when Jim first offered some of the first ones. I have 8-10 flights on it, ranging from 3000 to 13890 feet and it never fails to tell me exactly where my rocket is. I recently added another transmitter and they both work with the same receiver without having to change any settings. So simple just power on your Tx then Rx wait to sync up with satellites and your ready to go. This flight landed over a mile (6300 something feet) away and I drove/walked right to it. It disappeared from sight quickly and then I just watched the rest of the flight data on my receiver's LCD screen. MissleWorks has a new smaller GPS system on their website that I'm very interested in adding to my tracker stash.

The items perpetually out of stock appear to be any motor for 180 on up,

You've got to spread your love a little wider.
These guys have plenty of HP 29mm RMS motors in stock:
https://www.siriusrocketry.biz/ishop/high-power-rocket-motors-hdw-57/aerotech-level-1-hpr-rms-reloads-58/29mm-level-1-hpr-reloads-66/
https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocke...t=20a&filter_id=5&product_listing_sorter_id=0

any casing such as the 180 or 240 (in some cases, no pun intended, the 100, 120 and up), the 29mm adapter system etc...

Above 180, AT only makes 29/240 and 29/380 (Plugged forward closure).
You can get them here:
https://www.siriusrocketry.biz/isho...pr-rms-hardware-55/29mm-rms-plus-hardware-61/
https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket_Motors/Rouse-Tech_Casings/29mm_Closures

I prefer to do business with a particular vendor for hardware [...] But the fact remains that several vendors appear to be perpetually out of stock on what are obviously popular components. I'm just looking for a reason at this point...

Time to expand your universe of vendors?
:confused2:

a

The items perpetually out of stock appear to be any motor for 180 on up, any casing such as the 180 or 240 (in some cases, no pun intended, the 100, 120 and up), the 29mm adapter system etc... half of the vendors I frequent are out of the forward or end or both closures etc. I have preferred vendors I like to use because they don't ask for list price to be sure... but I cannot fathom why those are so lucky as to not have this stuff. I prefer to do business with a particular vendor for hardware, but they're not the only ones in this situation (I've emailed three and the answer I get is that stuff is on order and that when it arrives, it's usually a partially filled order that comes dribbling in over the course of months). I can bide my time to be sure since I'm not quite ready to use my desired components (the 29mm adapter and the 240 casing). I just wanted to obtain them sooner rather than later as I'm sure they'll "keep". But the fact remains that several vendors appear to be perpetually out of stock on what are obviously popular components. I'm just looking for a reason at this point...

If you can wait for later than sooner BF/BS sales are coming end of November $100.00 then will buy more hardware :)

Also the good old 24/40 cases... seem really hard to find. I've got two already, so no hurry in acquiring, my go-to vendor says they are 6 months back ordered

I think generally there seems to be a backlog on casings ordered from Aerotech, as a dealer I've had 98, 75 and 54 on order since the beginning of July, with eta a few weeks out still as of last week, the 24/40 RMS RC casings have been on order since mid July and they were not able to give me an ETA even when I pinged them last week.

Frank

Yeah, that's what I'm itching for. The 24/40. Seems like it's been out forever.

Last edited:
Wildman is backordered 2 weeks. Hobbylinc has been backordered for 4 months. Active, backordered 6 months. TARC season is coming... at least I've got two already. I missed the ebay auction a few weeks back by a few seconds with what have been a winning bid (110 bucks for four). Kicking myself now. 2 weeks though, I can be patient. :) I thought I was doing well with placing orders with the others back in April and June...

Showing a stock price , and having in stock are two totally different things.

Items like reloads will show "qty on hand" when you click on them. Are you saying hardware can be ordered, even if not in stock? (i.e. item gets backordered?)

Items like reloads will show "qty on hand" when you click on them. Are you saying hardware can be ordered, even if not in stock? (i.e. item gets backordered?)

Yes that's true for reload kits... unfortunately it does not seem to be the case for items in the hardware section of the website. It still boggles my mind however, that you cannot find hardware on so many vendor sites... I can't even find anything other than hobby-line hardware for sale on aerotechs' own site! I *could* have missed it but I've gone to the aerotech "store" several times and never found anything but hobby line hardware.

Yes that's true for reload kits... unfortunately it does not seem to be the case for items in the hardware section of the website. It still boggles my mind however, that you cannot find hardware on so many vendor sites... I can't even find anything other than hobby-line hardware for sale on aerotechs' own site! I *could* have missed it but I've gone to the aerotech "store" several times and never found anything but hobby line hardware.

Aerotech leaves the high power sales to their dealers rather than competing with them.

Steve Shannon

I have never understood If there is no hard wear for sale why buy reloads. Its like buying a new car but you will have to wait 6 Months or more for the tires.

Back