AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine that there had to be some grain design/formula changes to get a stable burn with the extra surface area from that many small grains.

I was just gonna ask.... thats crazy... What are they, 1" cores?

32960495372_26f050fa0c_o.jpg

The cores are not stepped , i can tell that from the curve. Quick math is giving me a corr size of right around .75 .

If I heard Gary correctly, there will be spacers between grains on the J520. That would provide a lot of surface area up front and maybe explain why so much initial thrust.

We haven't announced anything official yet, are looking to make some new product announcements at NARCON at the end of February. There is a larger announcement that we will be making too.

Oh, look, tomorrow's March 1!

*cough cough*

*innocent whistle*:duck:

E28-7, is it suppose to have a grain adaptor or not? I know the AT drawing shows the adaptor but some kits come without it.

It worked three times for me without it, but I would like to know the AT answer??

I spoke with Karl about this, his final answer is that they should all come with the grain spacer.

See you in Vegas, Charlie !

Looking forward to Springfest at the AT team joining in !

Kenny

Charlie,

Hope to meet you at NSL in Alamogordo in May. I am most interested in 18, 24 and 29mm motors, both SU and reloads. Lots of good stuff happening here, that's for sure.

BTW, lots of people are out of EconoMax F44-4s and 8s. Is there another batch in the pipeline?

Thanks.

Yes, those F44s have brought some fun to our small field!

[video=youtube;eokcNB-B000]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eokcNB-B000[/video]

Yes.....coming across that video is one of the reasons I brought it up. I have some -8s on hand but putting them in what I would put them in would push the limits at the Raceway unless it was very calm....so I've been trying to think of what makes sense for the -4s. Maybe my Leviathan or Ventris or maybe even the upscale Nova Payloader (with one of the Estes 29/24mm adapters).

Last edited:
Charlie,

Hope to meet you at NSL in Alamogordo in May. I am most interested in 18, 24 and 29mm motors, both SU and reloads. Lots of good stuff happening here, that's for sure.

BTW, lots of people are out of EconoMax F44-4s and 8s. Is there another batch in the pipeline?

Thanks.

Bernard,

It will be great to meet you at NSL, that launch is a sleeper in my opinion. The F44s are being produced, most dealers should have them. You can inbox me if you need additional help finding them, I would be happy to do so. Look forward to seeing you out there!

Quick question - any special tips/tricks/advice for using the DMS motors? I've flown CTI so far and I will have some large DMS motors on the way soon. It looks like the DMS acts a lot like a CTI but without the case - just a matter of drill the delay and stick it in the rocket, yes?

Quick question - any special tips/tricks/advice for using the DMS motors? I've flown CTI so far and I will have some large DMS motors on the way soon. It looks like the DMS acts a lot like a CTI but without the case - just a matter of drill the delay and stick it in the rocket, yes?

You got it. Drill it and stick it. Less fuss than a CTI load. But you have to have the Universal Delay Drilling Tool for the DMS. The ones for RMS reloads will not work.

Back