AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that makes a world of difference . I thought ( and I guess miss understood ) that you purchased a new load and it had the wrong nozzle. My apologizes to you and aerotech .

Eric

Glad you asked the question. I didn't provided enough info and now everything is clear.

I'd like to give a shout out for AT customer service. I acquired a M2400BT motor but the nozzle seemed to be off, the throat was very small for a 3 grain M motor. Sent an email and got immediate response from Karl. He pointed me in the right direction on what nozzle I needed to purchase and in the end he even bored it out to the correct throat size for me.

Awesome customer service, Thanks AT!

Glad to help Scott, thanks for the support!

I am looking forward to the availability of the F67 Econojet motors.

The motor label looks very familiar...:wink:

Enerjet F Motors.jpg

Justin,

Good question that I have been asked recently by a few others. The K2050ST does not require bonding or grain spacing o-rings. I think the TMT announcement may have used the 98mm Super Thunder announcements as a template and just forgot to remove the last sentence. That being said, bonding will not hurt and you will get the max performance from the motor this way. Hope this clarifies things a bit.

I'm actually just a little curious on how you get the max performance from the motor by gluing the grains. Is this benefit realized by the grains staying in place better and the thrust curve being as close to optimal as possible? Are there any other realized benefits? Just curious :)

I'm actually just a little curious on how you get the max performance from the motor by gluing the grains. Is this benefit realized by the grains staying in place better and the thrust curve being as close to optimal as possible? Are there any other realized benefits? Just curious :)
A big issue is The acceleration compresses the grains if not bonded then chokes off the nozel and all kinds of ugly things can happen.

Doesn't glueing the grains also inhibit edge burning to some degree? Wouldn't that create a somewhat more neutral burn profile vs what would otherwise be regressive? (Yes, I've been studying)

Doesn't glueing the grains also inhibit edge burning to some degree? Wouldn't that create a somewhat more neutral burn profile vs what would otherwise be regressive? (Yes, I've been studying)

No, because you are bonding the casting tube to the liner, not the propellant face.

No, because you are bonding the casting tube to the liner, not the propellant face.

Then I misunderstood. The way the process was described to me, it sounded like the liner AND grain surfaces were being bonded. I've yet to fly a motor that requires bonding. Thanks for explaining.

This is true, but I think he was referring to the newer recommendations on grain bonding with bigger motors.

You're absolutely correct, Chris. I was just attempting to help him understand that there are different types of bonding for different motors. I apologize if I simply confused the matter.

Steve Shannon

For the OP of the bonding question, it may have generated confusion. For me it gave clarification. Now I know the info I received was not incorrect, simply incomplete.

I'm still learning so much. It seems like what I have already learned is so massive and as I look, I've learned less than 1/3 of what I'm aware exists.

Just curious, did I miss an update on the planned release date of the new hobby line loads?

I don't remember which forums / posts I collected these ideas from, but I want to say it's a couple loads for 24/60 and a Red and a DM for 29/40-120. Chart published had these sketched in as well, details NARAM maybe.

It was mentioned here. As I recall there was a red and I believe a green for the 29/40-120, and a blue and one other for the 24/60. Also seems like an RMS 29 sparky was discussed. I just knew they were supposedly going to be available as soon as late 2016 or early 2017. As we all know things change, I was just wondering if a release date had been announced.

I'd like to give a shout out for AT customer service. I acquired a M2400BT motor but the nozzle seemed to be off, the throat was very small for a 3 grain M motor. Sent an email and got immediate response from Karl. He pointed me in the right direction on what nozzle I needed to purchase and in the end he even bored it out to the correct throat size for me.

Awesome customer service, Thanks AT!

Karl is very helpful in the technical department, I am glad you got taken care of. Enjoy that motor, one of my favorites!

[video=youtube;EVwWYJs_Akg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVwWYJs_Akg[/video]

I flew an old AT 24mm G46W today. All I can say is, PLEASE MAKE THESE AVAILABLE AGAIN. Please, pretty please. If not this exact one then some other 24 mm single use Gs.

We were just discussing the old 24mm G motors the other morning. Standby for updates in the coming months.

You're absolutely correct, Chris. I was just attempting to help him understand that there are different types of bonding for different motors. I apologize if I simply confused the matter.

Steve Shannon

I am finishing up the face-bonding instructions which will be included in those motors that require it (M650W being one, N1000W another). I'll post them here and on the site when they're completed.

Just curious, did I miss an update on the planned release date of the new hobby line loads?

We haven't announced anything official yet, are looking to make some new product announcements at NARCON at the end of February. There is a larger announcement that we will be making too.

We haven't announced anything official yet, are looking to make some new product announcements at NARCON at the end of February. There is a larger announcement that we will be making too.

Oh, such a tease! You're awful.

I'll be patiently waiting for flying season...

Back