Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1568
  1. #1441
    Join Date
    30th January 2009
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@JET View Post
    Special thank to Karl and Aerotech for standing by their product!

    Also watch those liners for any imperfections, damage, cracks etc prior to grain installation and if you see an issue - don't fly it. I'm not a rep for AT, just notifying.

    Thanks AT, great product. I'm looking forward to flying another M1939 and higher
    That one of the main reasons I like the reload kits going in to tubes now. Helps protect the liner from damage.

    Mr. Bob
    Countyline Hobbies
    Grovertown, IN.
    574-540-1123
    countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
    www.countylinehobbies.com

  2. #1442
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Stafford VA
    Posts
    6,501
    Quote Originally Posted by bob jablonski View Post
    That one of the main reasons I like the reload kits going in to tubes now. Helps protect the liner from damage.
    Except you don't get the red plastic cap to hold ejection charges in any longer, only the white disk, which I've never used because it doesn't really stick to anything.

    I've only had one liner with a chip in it in the bags, I would rather have the bags with the ejection charge cap then the tubes without. That cap was one of the most useful things they ever added to the reload kits.

    Handeman

    TRA #09903 L3 3/29/2015

    "If you don't use your head, you have to use your feet!" my Dad

    Tripoli Central Virginia #25 - BattlePark.org

  3. #1443
    Join Date
    13th March 2010
    Location
    Bentonville, AR
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Handeman View Post
    ...
    I've only had one liner with a chip in it in the bags, I would rather have the bags with the ejection charge cap then the tubes without. That cap was one of the most useful things they ever added to the reload kits.
    Agree. The caps are nice to use instead of tape.
    Dwayne Shmel
    TRA 13137 / NAR 88172
    Tulsa Rocketry
    K.L.O.U.D. Busters
    L3

  4. #1444
    Join Date
    31st May 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by dshmel View Post
    Agree. The caps are nice to use instead of tape.
    The floating forward closure on the 29 and 38 sets really lend itself to tape vs the original closures.. even my lubey fingers can attach it securely.

    Kenny
    Fiesta Area Rocket Team - San Diego, CA

    TRA# 01113 L3, NAR # 38484 -DART, NAR Section #317
    GHS 2011 PB-X ROCstock XXXV GHS 2012 PB XI ROCstock XXXVII PBXII SPRINGFEST 2014 ROCstock XXXIX Oktoberfest 2014 LASTER Blaster ROCstock XL SPRINGFEST 2015 ROCstock XL1 ROCtober Oktoberfest 2015 LDRS XXXV ROCstock XLIII :dark:

  5. #1445
    Join Date
    17th January 2011
    Location
    Spring Green WI
    Posts
    2,307
    I really like the red plug that comes with the DMS line of motors.
    TFRLLC
    TRA 2225
    TWA
    QCRS
    WOOSH

  6. #1446
    Join Date
    12th April 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    193
    Is there a such thing as a plugged, floating closure compatible with the RAS? Would love to fly a Warp 9 or longburn without having to have the exact casing size.
    I aim at the stars. But sometimes I hit London.

    NAR #99868
    L1: MDRM on CTI H175, 7/26/2015 @ NARAM 57

  7. #1447
    Join Date
    13th February 2016
    Location
    Gilroy, CA
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Is there a such thing as a plugged, floating closure compatible with the RAS? Would love to fly a Warp 9 or longburn without having to have the exact casing size.
    I don't see why you couldn't grease over the delay grain on the charge end, and pack wadding in the charge cup area in the floating closure.
    Kevin NAR, Section #534 LUNAR / TRA
    L2- Madcow Level-2 4" Fiberglass, Redundant DD
    Work on the Drawing Board: Madcow 4-inch Fiberglass Frenzy XL

  8. #1448
    Join Date
    31st December 2013
    Posts
    232
    I see this thread began about a year and a half ago.
    But still the catalog featured on the Products page is from 2009. If it is there purely for nostalgic purposes, I could not tell.
    Are Quest BP motors coming back? The Quest page has click links for motors, but then nothing.

  9. #1449
    Join Date
    18th March 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,564
    I have to admit that the lack of update to the catalog is interesting.

    Charlie, AT should just hire somebody to do a catalog update. Professional folks who do this stuff can be had. I might even know somebody who would be capable assuming they want more work, and no, it is not me.
    Mark Koelsch
    Tripoli 6155 L2
    Owner of http://www.rocketryfiles.com/
    Editor of http://www.thrustcurve.org/
    Keeper of the motor files
    Former Moderator of Rocketry Planet -R.I.P.

  10. #1450
    Join Date
    30th January 2009
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramper Al View Post
    I see this thread began about a year and a half ago.
    But still the catalog featured on the Products page is from 2009. If it is there purely for nostalgic purposes, I could not tell.
    Are Quest BP motors coming back? The Quest page has click links for motors, but then nothing.
    I don't see the Quest BP motors coming back any time soon. I do have a small stash of them on my web store
    Mr. Bob
    Countyline Hobbies
    Grovertown, IN.
    574-540-1123
    countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
    www.countylinehobbies.com

  11. #1451
    Join Date
    6th June 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    822
    Charlie - many thanks for putting together the consolidated motor sheet; it's extremely helpful to have a full spec list.

    If people want the nice red caplugs, skygeek.com has nearly the full line available. They are nice and cheap at 5-10 cents each in lots of 25. For San Diegans they are in stock at Marshall's Hardware.
    Dave Cook
    NAR 21953 L3 - TRA 1108 - DART San Diego

  12. #1452
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwalsh85 View Post
    Just poking the dead horse.... Any luck on this?
    Yes, we have some new 29 and 38mm closures being produced. Some new options for the 38RAS like the threaded closure will be available in January. The 29mm still needs to be drawn, etc so they are further away.
    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

  13. #1453
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    According to the Aerotech press releases, these are all Metalstorm DM(TM), aka Metalstorm Dark Matter.

    Whatever you call it, I think it's the prettiest sparky on the market!
    Yes, you are correct, I had it backwards Dark Matter is the official name.
    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

  14. #1454
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by UhClem View Post
    In October I noticed that the KBA L2300G wasn't on the NAR combined list. I asked NAR S&T about this and they said it was a mistake. But the 30 October revision showed a sport use ends date of December. 2016 implying that it lost certification in 2013. I asked about that and now the 28 November version says December 2018. Or decertified in 2015. Still no response to my questions about that.

    I have tilted at this windmill long enough and it is now someone else's turn to give it a go.
    David, haven't you already asked Karl about this specific motor? He said he already provided you with the information.
    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

  15. #1455
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Handeman View Post
    Except you don't get the red plastic cap to hold ejection charges in any longer, only the white disk, which I've never used because it doesn't really stick to anything.

    I've only had one liner with a chip in it in the bags, I would rather have the bags with the ejection charge cap then the tubes without. That cap was one of the most useful things they ever added to the reload kits.
    Sorry you didn't get the red cap, it is definitely preferred over the paper disc which requires masking tape to really hold it. The red caps are in all of the newly packaged reloads so going forward you will be good to go.
    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

  16. #1456
    Join Date
    27th July 2014
    Location
    south beloit, IL
    Posts
    1,132
    ATGM- any updated ETA on the new 29/40-120 loads? The red and the metalstorm?

    Thanks!
    NAR# 99285
    Tripoli# 16283
    L1- 4/26/2015 Madcow Cowabunga- H123SK
    L2- 11/1/2015 Wildman Darkstar 2.6- J355RL
    Woosh
    QCRS

  17. #1457
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Is there a such thing as a plugged, floating closure compatible with the RAS? Would love to fly a Warp 9 or longburn without having to have the exact casing size.
    Not sure which diameter you are referring to but I will guess 38mm here. We currently have the standard floating closure for the 38RAS and a floating plugged closure that is threaded which will be available in January. For the 54mm RAS we have 3 various floating closures along with the standard floating closure. You can see them here:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 Piece 54 Floating Closure Stock Photo.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	307827
    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

  18. #1458
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramper Al View Post
    I see this thread began about a year and a half ago.
    But still the catalog featured on the Products page is from 2009. If it is there purely for nostalgic purposes, I could not tell.
    Are Quest BP motors coming back? The Quest page has click links for motors, but then nothing.
    Yes, it is purely for nostalgic purposes.
    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

  19. #1459
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by markkoelsch View Post
    I have to admit that the lack of update to the catalog is interesting.

    Charlie, AT should just hire somebody to do a catalog update. Professional folks who do this stuff can be had. I might even know somebody who would be capable assuming they want more work, and no, it is not me.
    Mark, unfortunately it is not as simple as that when you are dealing with a very specialized product. The catalog is being worked on but if you really want an up to date listing of products there is still no better source than the pricelist, found here:

    http://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/upl...f_12_05_16.pdf
    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

  20. #1460
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    ATGM- any updated ETA on the new 29/40-120 loads? The red and the metalstorm?

    Thanks!
    Nothing firm yet, we have some motors at NAR S&T which will be tested beginning of the year. The 24/60 loads will be first and then you will see the 40-120 loads after that. The red is definitely happening but the sparky provides some shipping challenges so we will see where we end up on that one.
    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

  21. #1461
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Stafford VA
    Posts
    6,501
    Quote Originally Posted by ATGM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markkoelsch View Post
    I have to admit that the lack of update to the catalog is interesting.

    Charlie, AT should just hire somebody to do a catalog update. Professional folks who do this stuff can be had. I might even know somebody who would be capable assuming they want more work, and no, it is not me.
    Mark, unfortunately it is not as simple as that when you are dealing with a very specialized product. The catalog is being worked on but if you really want an up to date listing of products there is still no better source than the pricelist, found here:

    http://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/upl...f_12_05_16.pdf
    The thing about the catalog and what I want to see isn't the product list, its the other data that is in all the tables (Motor, Diameter, Case Length, Total Impulse, Prop. Wt, Motor Wt., Delay Times). That and the thrust curve graphs. It's usually the Total Impulse, Prop. Wt., and Motor Wt. and thrust curves that I go to the catalog for. It is a great but incomplete reference.

    I don't really need or want the rest of the catalog, but if you could post to the website, and keep updated, printable .pdf sheets of the information from pages 4 - 12 of the catalog that would be great. Being able to print a copy and keep it in the range box comes in very handy.
    Handeman

    TRA #09903 L3 3/29/2015

    "If you don't use your head, you have to use your feet!" my Dad

    Tripoli Central Virginia #25 - BattlePark.org

  22. #1462
    Join Date
    13th June 2014
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Handeman View Post
    The thing about the catalog and what I want to see isn't the product list, its the other data that is in all the tables (Motor, Diameter, Case Length, Total Impulse, Prop. Wt, Motor Wt., Delay Times). That and the thrust curve graphs. It's usually the Total Impulse, Prop. Wt., and Motor Wt. and thrust curves that I go to the catalog for. It is a great but incomplete reference.

    I don't really need or want the rest of the catalog, but if you could post to the website, and keep updated, printable .pdf sheets of the information from pages 4 - 12 of the catalog that would be great. Being able to print a copy and keep it in the range box comes in very handy.
    Have you never heard of ThrustCurve.com?
    Tim
    L3 NAR 98225

  23. #1463
    Join Date
    11th January 2012
    Location
    California Wine Country
    Posts
    1,373
    My two cents: The catalog is a marketing tool, not a reference tool. It took me a while to figure out all I needed was the motor matrix (which reloads fit which cases), and the price list for the up-to-date list of products. Realistically, catalogs are dated artifacts the day they are published. If the motor matrix allowed you to click on the reload to display the Thrustcurve information, you'd have a useful reference for day-to-day use.

    -Bill Riley

    TRA: 12294
    NAR: 89196

    A good rule for rocket experimenters to follow is this: always assume that it will explode.
    Astronautics, issue 38, October 1937.


  24. #1464
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Stafford VA
    Posts
    6,501
    Quote Originally Posted by timbucktoo View Post
    Have you never heard of ThrustCurve.com?
    Kind of hard to use when you're in the field with no cell service.

    And when you do have service having the tables with all the motors info for all the sizes right there is much quicker and better then having to search for and look at each motor with the search engine, no matter how good that search engine might be.
    Last edited by Handeman; 22nd December 2016 at 05:24 PM.
    Handeman

    TRA #09903 L3 3/29/2015

    "If you don't use your head, you have to use your feet!" my Dad

    Tripoli Central Virginia #25 - BattlePark.org

  25. #1465
    Join Date
    23rd July 2011
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by Handeman View Post
    Kind of hard to use when you're in the field with no cell service.

    And when you do have service having the tables with all the motors info right there for all the sizes right there is much better then having to search for and look at each motor with the search engine, no matter how good that search engine might be.
    Is this the kind of tabulation you want?



    Steve Shannon
    Steve Shannon
    L3CC, TAP, Director, Tripoli Rocketry Association

  26. #1466
    Join Date
    13th June 2014
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Handeman View Post
    Kind of hard to use when you're in the field with no cell service.

    And when you do have service having the tables with all the motors info for all the sizes right there is much quicker and better then having to search for and look at each motor with the search engine, no matter how good that search engine might be.
    Like how about accessing it from home and printing it out as you would if it were from the AT site. That is not rocket science my friend!
    Tim
    L3 NAR 98225

  27. #1467
    Join Date
    31st December 2013
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by ATGM View Post
    Yes, it is purely for nostalgic purposes.
    Ha, OK then. In that case I suggest you clearly label it as such! I can't think of any company's online presence that hosts a single catalog that is like 7 years old and quite incorrect as to the current products. Obviously, rocketeers are a clever bunch and will find (correct) information wherever they can, so it's perhaps seen as just a matter of appearances. But again, I can't think of anyone who features dated material like this intentionally without marking it as such. For each one of us who thinks "cool, that ancient catalog is still available there", I imagine there are several (potential) new customers who simply end up confused and misled.
    Last edited by Tramper Al; 22nd December 2016 at 05:52 PM.

  28. #1468
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Handeman View Post
    The thing about the catalog and what I want to see isn't the product list, its the other data that is in all the tables (Motor, Diameter, Case Length, Total Impulse, Prop. Wt, Motor Wt., Delay Times). That and the thrust curve graphs. It's usually the Total Impulse, Prop. Wt., and Motor Wt. and thrust curves that I go to the catalog for. It is a great but incomplete reference.

    I don't really need or want the rest of the catalog, but if you could post to the website, and keep updated, printable .pdf sheets of the information from pages 4 - 12 of the catalog that would be great. Being able to print a copy and keep it in the range box comes in very handy.
    We just recently updated the Master Motor Matrix which contains the specific information you are looking for. I put the matrix ahead of the catalog as far as priorities though a new catalog is in the works. This should be easy to print and something you can keep in your range box for reference.

    http://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/upl...x%20Sheet1.pdf
    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

  29. #1469
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Worsaer View Post
    My two cents: The catalog is a marketing tool, not a reference tool. It took me a while to figure out all I needed was the motor matrix (which reloads fit which cases), and the price list for the up-to-date list of products. Realistically, catalogs are dated artifacts the day they are published. If the motor matrix allowed you to click on the reload to display the Thrustcurve information, you'd have a useful reference for day-to-day use.
    The new catalog will operate much like you have described here. Information changes quickly and new products are coming out throughout the year so the more flexibility the better off.
    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

  30. #1470
    Join Date
    16th May 2015
    Location
    Cedar City
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramper Al View Post
    Ha, OK then. In that case I suggest you clearly label it as such! I can't think of any company's online presence that hosts a single catalog that is like 7 years old and quite incorrect as to the current products. Obviously, rocketeers are a clever bunch and will find (correct) information wherever they can, so it's perhaps seen as just a matter of appearances. But again, I can't think of anyone who features dated material like this intentionally without marking it as such. For each one of us who thinks "cool, that ancient catalog is still available there", I imagine there are several (potential) new customers who simply end up confused and misled.
    I think you are placing too much value on a new catalog. The motor matrix contains all of the information you need and can be updated daily if necessary. This isn't to say that a new catalog isn't happening but there are other areas to address. If after a year and a half all we have to be concerned about is a catalog then I would say that is quite successful compared to where we were at.

    Charles Savoie
    General Manager
    RCS RMC, Inc.

    NEXT LAUNCH: 2017

Similar Threads

  1. An open thread about Estes Screamers and the like...
    By Marc_G in forum Low Power Rocketry (LPR)
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 17th May 2015, 12:13 AM
  2. Aerotech HV ARCAS build thread *Launched 4-13-14*
    By VARifleman in forum High Power Rocketry (HPR)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 14th April 2014, 06:16 AM
  3. Open Rocket 13.11.1 won't open previous saved files on a Mac?
    By Eyeguy41 in forum Rocketry Electronics and Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28th December 2013, 04:07 AM
  4. Aerotech Strong Arm build thread
    By trippkid in forum Mid Power Rocketry (MPR)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 29th August 2012, 06:47 PM
  5. Open Rocket & Roc Sim Sticky Thread
    By bradycros in forum Rocketry Electronics and Software
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 24th December 2011, 08:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •