AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the entire current Aerotech line in tabular form in six pages. No graphs but it seems many people find the graphs as confusing as helpful anyway. No weights either, but this is a few minutes' work in thrustcurve and equivalent to the tables CTI has on their site.

Looks like the hardware field for the hobbyline 29/40-120 motors reads as 29/40 in thrustcurve so be warned.

Don't see the 38mm SU motors?

Some folks were flying 29mm single use demo motors at XPRS, maybe an F67, faster white lightning?

Any specific details on the motor or idea what the plan is for that one?

I have some of the data for the new motors. I might get to it one of these day. His is what happens when one works 12-14 hours a day for a bit.

There's an ad on the back of the latest Sport Rocketry for Super Thunder motors. The only ones not yet in thrustcurve are the K2050ST (54/1706 case, 1400 N-s) and the M6000ST (98/10240 case, 9510 N-s).

And then there are a few new reloads for the 24/60 case, as mentioned upthread somewhere, but none of those are ST.

Last edited:
K2050ST is certified, announcements coming soon. Price will be the same as other 54/1706 loads. Drag race of these in October if I remember right.

Perhaps I missed this. Who certified the K2050ST? I'm looking for details; the CAR-NAR-TRA combined list has not been updated since May, and I don't see it included in the recent Tripoli announcement.

The new 24/60 reloads are New Blue Thunder, Fast Black Jack and Redline.

Paul with Tripoli certified the K400C-14A, J450DM-14A, H219T-14A, M6000ST-PS and I'm certain the K2050ST. I thought there was a press release on the latter but apparently not.

The new 24/60 reloads are New Blue Thunder, Fast Black Jack and Redline.

Paul with Tripoli certified the K400C-14A, J450DM-14A, H219T-14A, M6000ST-PS and I'm certain the K2050ST. I thought there was a press release on the latter but apparently not.

24/60 loads haven't been certified yet

I'm specifically looking for the announcement from Tripoli Motor Testing (TMT). This motor isn't included in the July or September announcements. I sent a note to Paul Holmes asking if he certified it, but have not yet heard back from him.

He did certify it.

I am hoping to get this done over the weekend. I just finished a nearly 70 hour week so we shall see how much time I want to spend on computers this weekend.

Charlie

Gerald has a picture of your AT tent at Black Rock. On one of the tables there is what looks like a 3" single use motor? What is it?

Thanks
Gary

Charlie

Gerald has a picture of your AT tent at Black Rock. On one of the tables there is what looks like a 3" single use motor? What is it?

Thanks
Gary

Sure it wasn't a 4". I believe they had an M1419W in DMS format to show off. They probably had a 3" but I missed it.

It very well could have been a 4" M1419 just was not thinking it could be a 4" DMS now that would be very nice. I would buy one.

Sure it wasn't a 4". I believe they had an M1419W in DMS format to show off. They probably had a 3" but I missed it.

One of my friends flew the DMS M1419 and it was perfect. I imagine it will have a slightly different curve and name, like M1297 vs M1350. I suspect finalization and certification will not take long as the M1419 is a bread and butter motor. That should be the second 98mm now that the DMS O is all set.

I believe the second 75mm DMS motor is a dark matter option but I am not certain.

Yeah, I bet it will be an M1400 or and M1450 for product differentiation. And yes, the second certified 75mm DMS motor is the L875DM, or L900DM in RMS speak :).

Charlie- will you or someone else from AT be at Midwest Power this year?

Keep in mind, that answer HAS to be YES. Since we are flying uncertified motors in the drag race. The motor manufacturer NEEDS to be present.

See you there. I'll save you a seat at the Pizza party!😉

Back