AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Charlie

Thanks for making yourself available for feedback. I was just wondering why Aerotech motors (in my case, I'm particularly interested in HPR impulse classes) are so scarce here in the UK? I understand at least one UK vendor has approached Aerotech to become a dealer for your products.

Hi Tim,

We have been working on getting a larger presence in the UK and we are navigating the shipping challenges at this point. The shipping is pretty expensive so that is the current challenge. Still working it, hang in there.

These are all between F50s and F63s. That is what you guys wanted, right? :wink:

Looking Good!! A one reload option for this case always prevented me from buying the case as much as I like White Lightning, now I will be buying at least 2 cases and reloads to go with!! THANKS

Are replacement liners available for purchase?

I just assembled my first AT motor, an I180 into a 360 case, and the liner seized up half way in. Locked solid.

I called a buddy, and he said that the liner should slip relatively freely in and out. Silly me, the directions said nothing about test fitting the liner first.

So, after we go the liner out, he gave me a replacement cannibalized from one of his motors.

I would like to return a liner to him, can I buy just replacement liners?

If liners are that tight, is it OK to sand the glassine layer a bit to get it to fit?

Do you all grease liners to slip them in?

If you haven't gotten this resolved it just inbox me your shipping address and we'll send a new one. Greasing the liner is okay but usually just provides more insulation.

I just want to give a public shout out to Aerotech for all the support they gave this year's U.S. Spacemodeling team. Aerotech powered rockets won two Individual Senior Gold medals (S2P Precision Fragile Payload and S5 Scale Altitude), one Individual Junior Silver medal (S2P), one senior Team Gold Medal (S2P), one junior Team Silver Medal (S2P), and one junior Team Bronze medal (S8D RC Rocket Glide). Gary and Aerotech have been long-term VERY solid supporters of the U.S. Team and this year that consistent support REALLY paid off!

For a number of the events we fly, Aerotech motors are the envy of the world!

Thank you Aerotech!

Gus, thank you for that. It is important to us to have this sort of impact in the hobby and we are always excited when we help others accomplish their goals. Congratulations to you and the team and we look forward to assisting you with more medals next year.

Yeah so the N3300 in a CTI case doesn't work unless I'm missing something...

- AT Nozzle OD = 3.00"
- CTI GEN 2 aft closure ID = 2.75". (GEN 1 is same ID)

Do I need an RMS retaining ring??? Also I don't use the CTI nozzle holder (that doesn't fit either) when assembling this reload or is there a special one just for Aerotech loads?
https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ShowProducts.aspx?Class=630&Sub=723

View attachment 301732View attachment 301733

98mm Crossloads are almost wrapped up and ready for certification. The old-style nozzle could work but our N motors now come with the big nozzle so that was the issue here. Also be on the lookout for fuller N motors coming to the lineup.

I flew an H550ST reload this last weekend in a crayon rocket... It was pretty sweet, and I'm definitely adding more reloads to my wish list.

Just need to get the folks who run Thrustcurve to add the info on it... anyone remember who the contact is?

TY!
-erik

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. We are working with Mark now to rectify this.

Looking Good!! A one reload option for this case always prevented me from buying the case as much as I like White Lightning, now I will be buying at least 2 cases and reloads to go with!! THANKS

These are long overdue and we think they will be very popular because of the reasons you stated.

K2050ST is certified, announcements coming soon. Price will be the same as other 54/1706 loads. Drag race of these in October if I remember right.

Any chance of a model for this, to load into OpenRocket, etc.? I'd like to participate in the drag race in 2 weeks, but I really want to run a sim of this motor first, to understand what sort of speed, G's, etc. I'll be dealing with (and the expected altitude of course). I saw the curve on the back cover of the Sport Rocketry issue I just got yesterday, but I'd like the electronic version.

Also curious, in the magazine I also saw the mention of the new FFC's for the 54mm RAS system. Are the plugged ones also threaded? It looked in the picture like they might be, but the description only said plugged.

I flew an H550ST reload this last weekend in a crayon rocket... It was pretty sweet, and I'm definitely adding more reloads to my wish list.

Just need to get the folks who run Thrustcurve to add the info on it... anyone remember who the contact is?

I think this is my favorite propellant.

K2050ST is certified, announcements coming soon. Price will be the same as other 54/1706 loads. Drag race of these in October if I remember right.
I bought a L2500ST but didn't realize the price was $100 more than the other 98/5120 loads. Why?

BTW, looks like the performance is very close to Vmax.

I bought a L2500ST but didn't realize the price was $100 more than the other 98/5120 loads. Why?

BTW, looks like the performance is very close to Vmax.

These loads have more chemical cost involved so they will be priced higher until we can find a cheaper source. We didn't want to place them that much higher than their counterparts but based on our cost we needed to.

Any chance of a model for this, to load into OpenRocket, etc.? I'd like to participate in the drag race in 2 weeks, but I really want to run a sim of this motor first, to understand what sort of speed, G's, etc. I'll be dealing with (and the expected altitude of course). I saw the curve on the back cover of the Sport Rocketry issue I just got yesterday, but I'd like the electronic version.

Also curious, in the magazine I also saw the mention of the new FFC's for the 54mm RAS system. Are the plugged ones also threaded? It looked in the picture like they might be, but the description only said plugged.

As soon as the official data is released from TMT we can then enter that information. We could send some data that we have but as I saw in another thread most would prefer that we use the TMT data.

The 54RAS has been completed with the addition of the 3 new floating closures. The plugged closures are also threaded though I agree it is difficult to tell from the photos.

Mr. Savoie,

I just want to say thank you for keeping us all in the loop and listening to our suggestions for new products. 1,160 posts and you still check this thread. THANK YOU!

-Tony

These are all between F50s and F63s. That is what you guys wanted, right? :wink:
Awesome. The F35 is one of my favourite reloads, can't wait for these!

It would be extra special if you could get some of these into Blake's container to Australia later this year ;)

Mr. Savoie,

I just want to say thank you for keeping us all in the loop and listening to our suggestions for new products. 1,160 posts and you still check this thread. THANK YOU!

-Tony

Tony,

We appreciate the feedback offered here and want to continue to improve out products based on the demands of the consumer. We can't do everything but we would be unwise to not consider many of the ideas floating around this thread. Keep them coming, I will try to be as responsive as possible.

Hi Charlie,

Thanks very much for the updates! Lots of exciting stuff going on at Aerotech these days, and I'm sure it's all the more appreciated after this year's incident at CTI.

I do have one request, when you're updating the order form PDF file to include the new motors: Is there any way you can include information on the total impulse of each motor in the order form? I know many folks like/appreciate the format that CTI has used, where the total impulse is listed before the motor class designation and the average thrust. I'm not saying it must be done in the same fashion (though standardization can be good), but inclusion of that information would be much appreciated.

If you guys wanted to get really fancy, you could create an Android or iPhone app with your motor offerings, thrust characteristics, propellant type, case size, MSRP, etc... That'd definitely get some space on my phone! Of course, now I think on it, maybe Thrustcurve folks have already done that... yup, yup they have. :)

I heard a rumor that some new Propellant X might be making an appearance soon .

Any teasers for us ? I flew the K1103X at LDRS ..quick build and always a solid performer !

Kenny

Last edited:
Hi Charlie,

Thanks very much for the updates! Lots of exciting stuff going on at Aerotech these days, and I'm sure it's all the more appreciated after this year's incident at CTI.

I do have one request, when you're updating the order form PDF file to include the new motors: Is there any way you can include information on the total impulse of each motor in the order form? I know many folks like/appreciate the format that CTI has used, where the total impulse is listed before the motor class designation and the average thrust. I'm not saying it must be done in the same fashion (though standardization can be good), but inclusion of that information would be much appreciated.

If you guys wanted to get really fancy, you could create an Android or iPhone app with your motor offerings, thrust characteristics, propellant type, case size, MSRP, etc... That'd definitely get some space on my phone! Of course, now I think on it, maybe Thrustcurve folks have already done that... yup, yup they have. 

+1 on the app
Still don't see the new rocket with 38 mm motor either

I might be in the minority but I'd like to see some 29mm Dark Matter and Propellant X loads in the G-H range. That combined with long delays would be too much to dream for. Still want it though.

These loads have more chemical cost involved so they will be priced higher until we can find a cheaper source. We didn't want to place them that much higher than their counterparts but based on our cost we needed to.
Maybe, but I quoted you saying the K2050 would be the same price as the other 54/1706 loads.

Back