AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been buying AeroTech motors for the past 5 years. I find CTi very expensive in Canada and never seen a dealer on the Pacific Coast. Too bad! So far I know 2 dealers in Ontario. That's it!

Ok, how did I miss this one:

"Wildman Hobbies and Aerotech have gotten together to bring you the MWP 14 Drag Race.
A Demon 98 including the new filament wound nose cone and the Aeropack retainer flying on a new Aerotech K Dark Matter reload for the 54/2800 hardware plus you get the hardware ."

We did this for the 18mm hardware and while we do occasionally sell one here or there they are not very popular. We had to order almost 1,000 so we have those in stock :) A 24mm plugged closure can be done, it just depends on when.

Where do we order the 18mm plugged closures?

Where do we order the 18mm plugged closures?

Interesting, given that if they do have that 18mm plugged closure, the instructions still suggest that when you use the 18mm RC glider reloads that you use JB weld to close off the standard end closure......

You would think that AT would take that opportunity to at least advertise the fact that they have an alternative solution for sale.

Last edited:
I think that's a function of the available reloads for the 18mm casing. The 24mm has a lot more choices so the casing itself is more popular. Thanks for taking the time to circle back to this.

kj

The 18mm plugged closure has been added to the webstore and a 24mm plugged closure will be designed and machined next.

Ok, how did I miss this one:

"Wildman Hobbies and Aerotech have gotten together to bring you the MWP 14 Drag Race.
A Demon 98 including the new filament wound nose cone and the Aeropack retainer flying on a new Aerotech K Dark Matter reload for the 54/2800 hardware plus you get the hardware ."

:)

Interesting, given that if they do have that 18mm plugged closure, the instructions still suggest that when you use the 18mm RC glider reloads that you use JB weld to close off the standard end closure......

You would think that AT would take that opportunity to at least advertise the fact that they have an alternative solution for sale.

Could be time for a refresh on those instructions.

Can you pleaaaase do a 29mm plugged threaded forward closure? I already have them from 38-75mm but 29mm would be super super sweet... While you're at it, what about a 29mm plugged threaded forward closure for the RAS? Shouldn't be too much redesign there!

24mm plugged under development.
Is the intent of this to allow the 24mm R/C loads to be used in a normal 24/40 case, or just to have a plugged closure for regular 24/40 loads? :confused:

Based on Frank Burke's look at the design, I'm not sure it's possible to have a closure that would work with both the 24mm RC and normal loads.

New 24/60s are looking fun. What kinda NS are we looking at?
[video=youtube;uIzpIQDvzBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIzpIQDvzBM[/video]
[video=youtube;JYTUUQdQBtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYTUUQdQBtQ[/video]
[video=youtube;1xTz4TXzHzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xTz4TXzHzE[/video]

New 24/60s are looking fun. What kinda NS are we looking at?
[video=youtube;uIzpIQDvzBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIzpIQDvzBM[/video]
[video=youtube;JYTUUQdQBtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYTUUQdQBtQ[/video]
[video=youtube;1xTz4TXzHzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xTz4TXzHzE[/video]

I will have to upgrade my Snitch to a 24mm ..nothing burns motors faster than a Saucer .

Kenny

YES!!!:)

It's about time. I can't wait until these are available. My Estes Interceptor E loves the F35W so I can't wait to try these in it.:)

Might be time to build the Cosmic Interceptor that I have that is still in the bag which is a similar size and design, uses the same NC and BT's from the Interceptor E.:wink:

Hi Everyone,
My name is Charlie Savoie and I am the General Manager at RCS/AeroTech/Quest. I am here today to comment on the JetHitch product as well as to gather as much information as possible in order to better our company. I have been lurking on this site for the better part of a year hoping to glean any insight into what is a very niche market. Though it has helped, direct communication with the end-consumer is something I have wanted to take part in for a while. I value all opinions, favorable or otherwise. We cannot improve if we do not first acknowledge that we can be better.

A couple of notes before we start:
- I do not know everything about the hobby
- My strengths are currently geared towards the business side and not the science side of the hobby
- I will be professional, please return the respect

With that, I await your inquiries.

Hi Charlie

Thanks for making yourself available for feedback. I was just wondering why Aerotech motors (in my case, I'm particularly interested in HPR impulse classes) are so scarce here in the UK? I understand at least one UK vendor has approached Aerotech to become a dealer for your products.

Are replacement liners available for purchase?

I just assembled my first AT motor, an I180 into a 360 case, and the liner seized up half way in. Locked solid.

I called a buddy, and he said that the liner should slip relatively freely in and out. Silly me, the directions said nothing about test fitting the liner first.

So, after we go the liner out, he gave me a replacement cannibalized from one of his motors.

I would like to return a liner to him, can I buy just replacement liners?

If liners are that tight, is it OK to sand the glassine layer a bit to get it to fit?

Do you all grease liners to slip them in?

If At won't replace it free. You might as well buy another reload from a dealer. By the time you pay for the liner and shipping you may a good share of a reload price

Are replacement liners available for purchase?

I just assembled my first AT motor, an I180 into a 360 case, and the liner seized up half way in. Locked solid.

I called a buddy, and he said that the liner should slip relatively freely in and out. Silly me, the directions said nothing about test fitting the liner first.

So, after we go the liner out, he gave me a replacement cannibalized from one of his motors.

I would like to return a liner to him, can I buy just replacement liners?

If liners are that tight, is it OK to sand the glassine layer a bit to get it to fit?

Do you all grease liners to slip them in?

Its not unusual to have to peel a layer from an AT liner to get it to fit properly.
I believe that liners can be bought from ATs experimental motor website, currently I am brain cramping and can't remember the websites name.

If At won't replace it free. You might as well buy another reload from a dealer. By the time you pay for the liner and shipping you may a good share of a reload price

Its not unusual to have to peel a layer from an AT liner to get it to fit properly.
I believe that liners can be bought from ATs experimental motor website, currently I am brain cramping and can't remember the websites name.

Thanks. I'm going to the MDRA launch tomorrow, I might see if a vendor there will replace it. If that's a no-go, I'll email AT directly for a replacement request.

Otherwise, it's $9 flat rate shipping from the web site.

Contact Aerotech customer service and they will send you a new one. If the fit is tight peel a layer of paper off it. If phenolic liners are too tight, sanding is the only option (very quick to if done carefully on a belt sander).

Last edited:
I ask completely ignorant of what this propellant can do, but any chance of a 98/15360 super thunder?

Back