AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes he is, and has been since his days on Rocketry Planet. He provides a very valuable service to Tripoli Motor Testing as well, plus he’s a father, husband, and of course has a better than full time job. Our faithful volunteers, who perform services for our members and rocketry in general are our greatest asset.

Steve Shannon

Thanks Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

24/40s are arriving this week, will ship to vendors friday/monday. Any 24/40 warranties were shipped out last week as well.

Any word on the 24/40 cases? I believe you were waiting on the aft closures last time. I've had two on order from a very large vendor since September...

I got a shipping notice a few days ago from AT, so I think I'm finally getting my replacement 24/40 today!

Q-Jets are scheduled to begin shipping in about 2 weeks. We just approved the final label design and they will arrive in about 2 weeks. We currently have thousands of naked Q-Jets waiting for them :smile:

As for the Cs and Ds we will have those out for certification in the next couple weeks and expect to have them available shortly after certification.

Charlie,

Any further intel on when the first Q-Jets will ship? And/or when Cs and Ds might be headed in for certification?

Thanks.

Q-Jets are scheduled to begin shipping in about 2 weeks. We just approved the final label design and they will arrive in about 2 weeks. We currently have thousands of naked Q-Jets waiting for them :smile:

As for the Cs and Ds we will have those out for certification in the next couple weeks and expect to have them available shortly after certification.

Charlie, are the c and d also 18mm?

Charlie, are the c and d also 18mm?

I’m pretty sure they are. I’d like to know the target avg impulse for these. C8? D12 or more? Can you give us a clue? I’m especially curious about the Ds. I have a cluster that could use more punch than Estes C6 can offer. Thanks!

Another point I would like to make in regards to these new Q Jets. Being privy to the test data I can say they really nailed the delay times on the A and B motors. The delays on the tested articles were on the money.

I’m pretty sure they are. I’d like to know the target avg impulse for these. C8? D12 or more? Can you give us a clue? I’m especially curious about the Ds. I have a cluster that could use more punch than Estes C6 can offer. Thanks!

I'm thinking the opposite would be cool- like a D4 AP endburner

Like these 18mm AT D's ?

Last edited:

Thanks, Charlie. As I've said before (and told Gary at NARCON), I'm really looking forward to flying these.

Yes that would be cool too for very light models. But my cluster is DD and rather heavy. It needs some punch! And the current 18mm D21 is too expensive to fly 3 at a time!

Charlie,

How is the 75mm hardware coming along? I've had an order in for a 75/3840 from a local vendor for a couple of months now, and just curious when I can expect that to be delivered...

Oh, and thanks for your continuing presence in this thread!

-Robert

We are expecting the 75mm forward closures in the next week or so and we will be shipping them then.

If there's anything else just PM me.

Charlie,

How is the 75mm hardware coming along? I've had an order in for a 75/3840 from a local vendor for a couple of months now, and just curious when I can expect that to be delivered...

Oh, and thanks for your continuing presence in this thread!

-Robert

Last edited:
One step at a time, Bob. One step at a time. Let's get the As and Bs actually out in the field, then the rest of the 18mm line. But as a long term objective, why not :D?

ATGM , are there any plans for any new 2 grain 54mm DMS motors ? I would really like to see a Blue either in the regular or super version as well as the new fast white . I have a few smaller rockets that are limited to motor lengths and equivalent NS motors in 38mm are just to long .

Eric

Last edited:
As cool as they are, unfortunately the new 24/60 F60-10 Fast Jack reloads must ship HAZMAT :(. The companion New Blue Thunder and Redline reloads can ship USPS free of HAZMAT fees :).

Can we get more loads for the 38/1320 case? I really love the J510W, but I want more loads for the case.

Another thing, I have never used, and probably will never use a DMS motor. I really enjoy the process of loading the cases, and like sitting down at home and just loading all my AT cases before a launch. I would like the normal reloads to stay the same price, if you are going to charge more for anything it should be the DMS motors. The price increase of AT motors has made them about as costly as CTI motors, which makes me want to fly more CTI. Which I do enjoy flying as well, but as I said I do really like putting together reloads. A reload for a 29/240 case used to be $25, but now it's more like $29. For a CTI 4 grain H, it costs less for a motor at about the same total impulse.

Can we get more loads for the 38/1320 case? I really love the J510W, but I want more loads for the case.

Another thing, I have never used, and probably will never use a DMS motor. I really enjoy the process of loading the cases, and like sitting down at home and just loading all my AT cases before a launch. I would like the normal reloads to stay the same price, if you are going to charge more for anything it should be the DMS motors. The price increase of AT motors has made them about as costly as CTI motors, which makes me want to fly more CTI. Which I do enjoy flying as well, but as I said I do really like putting together reloads. A reload for a 29/240 case used to be $25, but now it's more like $29. For a CTI 4 grain H, it costs less for a motor at about the same total impulse.

I really like the DMS line of motors. Never did like putting motors together. When CTI came out I switched to them. Now with the DMS line of motors I fly more AT motors than CTI. We all should thank AT for having so many different reloads and motors. It can't be a lot of fun keeping all the motors in stock. And we always want new reloads. I don't know how AT dose it?

Latest posts

Back