AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's too bad.

AT should license the ability to make hardware and focus on single and reloads. Money on both ends with less hassle.

It's a good direction that will clear any negative PR for availability.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Aerotech always did license manufacturers to make their motors. For a very reasonable cost they licensed the design and provided drawings. That’s how Dr. Rocket and Rouse-Tech produced theirs.

Steve Shannon

Past tense.

What happened to that?

Nate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

I suspect the opportunity would still be there. For whatever reason those manufacturers got out of it. I don’t know any details. Maybe there are just too many old guys like me who have more motor cases than we know what to do with but aren’t energetic enough to start selling them.

Steve Shannon

Is there a timeline on when dealers will be restocked with 24/40 hardware? I realize your machinists are behind due to the CTI fire and ensuing AT usage spike, I'd just like a tentative date if you have one. If you don't know, that's not a problem- I'm not in any kind of rush.

I second the question posed by lithosphere.... I wouldn't mind news on when the 29/240 casings might be available as well... I've had one on backorder from BMS since October...

Ships with in 45 days?

I put Tobor's in the mail this morning, so technically yes :)

(The "45 days" is an artifact of how I set up Square; it's more typical use is for the local clubs' preorders for next month's launch. The orders expire and need to be resubmitted if they're not picked up within the shipping window, so I made it as long as possible in case someone wants something for a launch more than a month out.)

I put Tobor's in the mail this morning, so technically yes :)

(The "45 days" is an artifact of how I set up Square; it's more typical use is for the local clubs' preorders for next month's launch. The orders expire and need to be resubmitted if they're not picked up within the shipping window, so I made it as long as possible in case someone wants something for a launch more than a month out.)

Yipeee...! I saw the email notification this morning while I was at work.

1st time placing an order with you so many thx for the rapid processing. Wildman added to my vendor A list!

Peace.

Is there a timeline on when dealers will be restocked with 24/40 hardware? I realize your machinists are behind due to the CTI fire and ensuing AT usage spike, I'd just like a tentative date if you have one. If you don't know, that's not a problem- I'm not in any kind of rush.
I still have some in stock

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Alright, who knows of decent sales/deals on AT motor reloads?
I need to stock up on everything from 24, 29, 38, 54, to 75mm 1350 DMS.

Balsa machining offers 10% off on AT 24-29mm prices. There's a weird order now want it at other month HPR discount of 25% off but I've never used Balsa before on motor orders. They call it a pre-order and not a sale. That's all I see.

Balsa machining offers 10% off on AT 24-29mm prices. There's a weird order now want it at other month HPR discount of 25% off but I've never used Balsa before on motor orders. They call it a pre-order and not a sale. That's all I see.
One thing to know about BMS pre-orders is that if you make an order with pre-order items and and regular items they will all ship at the same time ( when the pre-order items ship). It happened to me, should have made two separate orders one for pre-order and one for buy now items. The pre order items are not enough profit to warrant double shipping on a single mixed order. BMS is awesome to work with though.

Alright, who knows of decent sales/deals on AT motor reloads?
I need to stock up on everything from 24, 29, 38, 54, to 75mm 1350 DMS.

The Balsa Machining 25% off pre-order is a good deal, I have been buying from them for several years now. The only better deal I have seen is Wildman's black Saturday sale, 35% off on HPR with a few loads at 40% off last year. I'd be surprised if it was any less this year, but you never know until the email arrives.

More reloads for the RMS 38/1320 casing already in production. I only see a J510-14A for sale. And most vendors don't offer it.

More reloads for the RMS 38/1320 casing already in production. I only see a J510-14A for sale. And most vendors don't offer it.

https://www.siriusrocketry.biz/ishop/aerotech-high-power-j510w-14a-reload-kit-hazmat-1827.html

https://www.csrocketry.com/rocket-m...h-j510w-14a-white-lightning-rocket-motor.html

https://wildmanrocketry.com/products/j510w-m

It's a very common motor for vendors to have, even on the field.

I'd Like to see a green load for it, but I just don't think they can get it in there. Variety is cool....but in this motor type, having one badass load is kinda enough.

I'd Like to see a green load for it, but I just don't think they can get it in there.

I don't make my own motors so there's a lot I don't know, but curious why it wouldn't work? Doesn't seem that different than the 6GXL J394G3 load for CTI, no? Granted the 1320 case is another ~10% longer than a 6GXL, maybe that pushes it over the line? I have my first J394G3 loaded and ready to fly, but an odd set of beeps from my RRC3 grounded the flight this month, will try again in January assuming our launch isn't cancelled due to lack of rain.

I don't make my own motors so there's a lot I don't know, but curious why it wouldn't work? Doesn't seem that different than the 6GXL J394G3 load for CTI, no? Granted the 1320 case is another ~10% longer than a 6GXL, maybe that pushes it over the line? I have my first J394G3 loaded and ready to fly, but an odd set of beeps from my RRC3 grounded the flight this month, will try again in January assuming our launch isn't cancelled due to lack of rain.

I don't know the exact formulas, but CTI's green is slower than AT's. I know AT uses Barium, and CTI doesn't (not that it in itself matters, but they're certainly different formulas). In short, I think the green formula AT uses would boom the case.

AT green tend to spike hard and drop off
simfile671_650x350n.png

simfile673_650x350n.png

CTI seem to plateau
simfile1889_650x350n.png

Question: This morning while perusing the Net I found a reference to a RMS 38/120-360 hardware set. Does/Did this really exist?

Back