AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The F67 is us mailable, the G74 requires hazmat shipping
Ah, so the F67 is <= 30g of propellant, just like the EconoJet motors, that makes sense. So it'll have significantly less total impulse than the G74. I wonder if it uses a finocyl geometry to get such a fast burn, or a partially slotted circular core grain like the F44?

Ah, so the F67 is <= 30g of propellant, just like the EconoJet motors, that makes sense. So it'll have significantly less total impulse than the G74. I wonder if it uses a finocyl geometry to get such a fast burn, or a partially slotted circular core grain like the F44?

Could also be several short bates grains, or a large core in general. Hard to tell without an available thrust curve.

Thinking about flying 2 of these in my Loc Starburst at Bong some day, assuming Wildman gets them in stock in the next month or so.

*correction- these are 29mm motors :) starburst takes 24.

Last edited:
Good point, a larger core could be achieved with the lower total impulse (compared to G74).

Could also be several short bates grains, or a large core in general. Hard to tell without an available thrust curve.

Thinking about flying 2 of these in my Loc Starburst at Bong some day, assuming Wildman gets them in stock in the next month or so.

*correction- these are 29mm motors :) starburst takes 24.

So... Stuff 'em in there. I got tape. :wink:

Interesting that the F67 2-packs retail for $28.99, and EconoJet F 2-packs retail for $44.99.

F67's are single use actually.... and are economax vs econojet.... As a consummate cheapskate... either way there is nothing (quite frankly) "econo" about them! :)
Yeah I paid $44.32 with shipping for the pack of 2 (economax, not sure if there's a difference from the -jet)

Kinda pricy from buyrocketmotors

F67's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

That is an amazing bargain.
Difficult to do better than Sirius these days... Unless someone runs a special. However checking into it, and Sirius would charge me 9.79 (as of 22-Feb-2018), rather than 8.59. I would've saved 3 bucks over buyrocketmotor's price after the $5 discount coupon I used.

FB has the image curves which, if you can find, you can trace.

The packaging has a very nicely drawn thrust curve on the back... a quick photo and printout... a set of precision calipers ...

I admit that I had to do a bit of normalization to have Itot come out to 61 N-S (it wasn't that far off). It's not official but I think it's close!

F67W.eng zip file

View attachment F67W.zip

Last edited:
If you absolutely need one, send me a PM.. I know I've got one rattling around in my range box.

It's not an absolute need... so yeah, I should not have thrown that bomb, since I've got a 29mm project currently (AT Astrobee-D that sat in its box for 20 years until now), an astron scrambler (original kit, 20 years old, had already cut the fins). I kind of feel bad for the vendors though who have to grit their teeth while the demand appears to be there. The hobby biz seems tough enough w/o the supply issues.

Excellent question! I'd sure like to have my October 2017 backorder fulfilled!

Ditto. I've got some from Sept. and October waiting. I've got two cases now, but the extras would mean I could do four launches before launch and four afterwards. Double the amount of flights and data. Double the profits for Aerotech.

Any word on the 24/60 reloads? I know that one was certified at the same time as the F67. For that matter, how about any word on the Redline reload for the 29/40-120?

Phil L.

I wonder if ATGM has given up on TRF. Last post was 11/20/17 (post 2052). Lots of unanswered questions in the past 3 months.

Back