AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that sounds promising! :D
Blake only recently did his yearly container-load re-stocking(still waiting for my order to ship)
Unless there is another Australian vendor I should be aware of?

We have a couple other interested parties that are looking for more AT stuff in Australia so we are working with them to establish a more consistent flow of our products over there. Stay tuned for movement on that front.

Not the same, they are more heavy duty. In my opinion they are much nicer than the littler 24/40's.

We are looking to add some nice motors to the 24/60 case, not just the usual color varieties. Something with a touch of BEAST perhaps.

[video=youtube;GL1E-HZOPUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1E-HZOPUw[/video]

Finally flew the K1103X I got from pyrobob a few months back in a 4" rocket. It kicked pretty well! Also it showed me that nobody has really heard of propellant x yet.

The 1103X is a pretty wicked motor, we are developing some other loads to use with that propellant but until then it is one of the more less seen propellants.

We really need more Aerotech products here on the westcoast of Canada! In Vic and Vancouver nobody is carrying Aerotech products because they can't find anyone who carries them. Aerotech should be canvassing ALL model rocket carrying hobby shops, especially BC
Shavers and HOBBIES, who believe that AeroTech is banned in BC. lol

They don't have a friggin clue... They need an Aerotech rep to call them.

Thank you for sharing this. We have re-established a distributor in Alberta and expect them to be back in the game shortly. In fact, look for us to be even more aggressive going after international markets, particularly Canada.

Yep, but there was a lot of back and forth earlier in the thread regarding F's, and making non-hazmat's of those too.

We are still testing different loads but our current priority is filling in the 24/60 case. I think you may see a couple more non-haz loads added to the 40-120 line also..

Thank you for sharing this. We have re-established a distributor in Alberta and expect them to be back in the game shortly. In fact, look for us to be even more aggressive going after international markets, particularly Canada.

Good to know. Soda can 54/426 motors would be great. I have enough Aerotech motors in other sizes.
I'll keep an eye on this. Thanks!

We are still testing different loads but our current priority is filling in the 24/60 case.

This is a very good priority. An F12 like smoky would be a really cool load in this case...mega mosquito that just keeps going. However, I would be happy with almost anything more for this case.

We are still testing different loads but our current priority is filling in the 24/60 case. I think you may see a couple more non-haz loads added to the 40-120 line also..

I've been on the fence for a long time regarding this case. A new load or two would definitely push me off it.

I'm fairly new to the rocket world. I started about 6 months ago. So this is from the perspective a newbie. I'm just moving out of the BP (I launch BP with my grandkids) and into composite motors (for me!). Trying to make sense of the wealth of motors and options is daunting for newbies. One thing that's confusing are the graphs in your catalog that show thrust curves in pounds while all the other resources I've been using show thrust curves in newtons. If I know what a BP E9 thrust curve look like (in newtons), it would help if Aerotech would provided additional graphs in newtons so I could compare apples with bigger apples. Embrace metric!

I've purchased the 24/40, 24/60, and 29/40-120 hardware. I have plenty of choices for 29mm rockets. I would love to see you offer some 24mm specific rocket kits. As long as I have been into rockets, there has been the JL chute release. That's pushed the envelope of what I can launch at my local park. Rather than 600 or 700 ft, I can go to 1200+ ft. I'll buy allot more reloads for the 24/40 and 24/60 since I can launch them on any given day at my local park as apposed to waiting for the once or twice a month club launch for the larger motors. I just need more 24mm rocket kits that fit the range. (example: LAP fits the bill if you like military designs)

One last question, why do rocket kit manufactures NOT include a link to a rocksim file on their web sites for rockets they design and manufacture?

As I said, I'm a beginner. If any of the above is wrong, feel free to straighten me out. :)

I'm fairly new to the rocket world. I started about 6 months ago. So this is from the perspective a newbie. I'm just moving out of the BP (I launch BP with my grandkids) and into composite motors (for me!). Trying to make sense of the wealth of motors and options is daunting for newbies. One thing that's confusing are the graphs in your catalog that show thrust curves in pounds while all the other resources I've been using show thrust curves in newtons. If I know what a BP E9 thrust curve look like (in newtons), it would help if Aerotech would provided additional graphs in newtons so I could compare apples with bigger apples. Embrace metric!

I've purchased the 24/40, 24/60, and 29/40-120 hardware. I have plenty of choices for 29mm rockets. I would love to see you offer some 24mm specific rocket kits. As long as I have been into rockets, there has been the JL chute release. That's pushed the envelope of what I can launch at my local park. Rather than 600 or 700 ft, I can go to 1200+ ft. I'll buy allot more reloads for the 24/40 and 24/60 since I can launch them on any given day at my local park as apposed to waiting for the once or twice a month club launch for the larger motors. I just need more 24mm rocket kits that fit the range. (example: LAP fits the bill if you like military designs)

One last question, why do rocket kit manufactures NOT include a link to a rocksim file on their web sites for rockets they design and manufacture?

As I said, I'm a beginner. If any of the above is wrong, feel free to straighten me out. :)

Welcome to the hobby. For motors I like the opposite, I convert N's to lbs. easier than metric for me. I weight my rockets in oz and lbs. and knowing thrust in lbs. just makes it easier. You can go here for conversions on the motors: https://www.thrustcurve.org/

Good question why kit manufactures for the most part don't include any sim files with their kits. Maybe because their are a few different programs and you can find files here:https://www.rocketreviews.com/

Have fun with the hobby!

Some do. Madcow has a few, RW also does.

Part of the reason I'm sure is that I've never had a stock file match my rocket after it was built.... but stock files are a good starting point.

AEROTECH ALL THE WAY!!!! How about some real level 1 and level 2 rockets with recommended motors as is with current fleet.

Last edited:
Some do. Madcow has a few, RW also does.
Thanks for the info. While digging around I see that Public Missiles has rocksim files as well. It's a whole nother world when you leave BP behind!

Learned today that Estes motor hooks and AT 24/40s don't play together well at ejection charge... Put another 24/40 is on order. Live and learn.

Learned today that Estes motor hooks and AT 24/40s don't play together well at ejection charge... Put another 24/40 is on order. Live and learn.

If you fly a reload case in a rocket with a simple motor hook, a wrap or two of tape around the motor and hook will usually prevent this from happening. That said, when you've got an opportunity to build or retrofit with more substantial retainer, it's a good plan.

Mark

Thanks for the info. While digging around I see that Public Missiles has rocksim files as well. It's a whole nother world when you leave BP behind!

I usually use a small piece of solid copper wire.
Casing Retention.JPG

easy on, easy off

Hope so. I have always enjoyed visiting the crew when our paths cross through the years.

Any news on the single-use baby-O? Will it be available in time for MudRoc? What is the length?

Ari.

Thank you AeroTech for understanding the difficulty in shipping hazmat, and tailoring your reloadable engines to be able to ship. This is especially true in Alaska, where ground shipping is next to impossible, and extremely costly. I have been restricted to 29MM motors. I am Looking forward to trying out the two 38 MM H130W and I180W motors.

I also enjoy supporting a company which produces it's products in the USA.

I am saddened to report that after many years of this sport, I have experienced my first CATO. Unfortunately it was on a single use AeroTech G37 FJ motor purchased locally. It was spectacular, and the model is a total loss. I have e-mailed AeroTech customer service over the weekend and have not received a response back.

Danomite

Welcome to AP and thanks for the input. We are currently developing more products for the 24mm lines, including kits. The rocksim files for our motors and kits are located here:
https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/resources.aspx?id=8

If there is something you are looking for specifically and do not see please let me know.

Back