AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on gluing a K-2050 together this week, would it be beneficial to anyone if I were to take a quick and dirty video of the process?

E28-7, is it suppose to have a grain adaptor or not? I know the AT drawing shows the adaptor but some kits come without it.

It worked three times for me without it, but I would like to know the AT answer??

I plan on gluing a K-2050 together this week, would it be beneficial to anyone if I were to take a quick and dirty video of the process?

Justin, are you heading to Princeton this weekend? I was thinking about it, but it looks as though I might have to work.

It was mentioned here. As I recall there was a red and I believe a green for the 29/40-120, and a blue and one other for the 24/60. Also seems like an RMS 29 sparky was discussed. I just knew they were supposedly going to be available as soon as late 2016 or early 2017. As we all know things change, I was just wondering if a release date had been announced.

I'd love to see some new loads for the 29/49-120 hardware. My first use was in an NCR Patriot on a G64 in 1992. That will be 25 years ago in May! It was my first flight of anything larger than an Estes D12. Wow, that was an amazing experience! I had that hardware until it suffered a catastrophic failure maybe 10 years ago. Aerotech replaced the casing, I bought a 2nd one, and it's nice to have two. I haven't used either in a couple years but will try to use up a bunch of my reloads this year.
I'd also welcome a few new loads for the 24/60. I've resisted buying that casing for lack of variety. The current load overlaps the 24/40 F24/F39 too much to justify for me, but with some new choices, I'd buy the 24/60 set without hesitation.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;f_L0lV7HTho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_L0lV7HTho[/video]

Nice job Justin! Thanks for sharing. I did the same type of video for an M1939 at it was 30 minutes, guess mine was to wordy for human consumption, yours is easy peasy

E28-7, is it suppose to have a grain adaptor or not? I know the AT drawing shows the adaptor but some kits come without it.

It worked three times for me without it, but I would like to know the AT answer??

I have an unopened package of E28s. The package includes three (3) 5/16" long spacers for the propellant grain. The E28-7s also include a short pink spacer for the delay grains.

Here's a flight video of the K-2050... :horse:

[video=youtube;STlaKIxR47o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STlaKIxR47o[/video]

Here's a flight video of the K-2050... :horse:

[video=youtube;STlaKIxR47o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STlaKIxR47o[/video]

Very nice! You know it's got kick when even Justin can't keep up with it after leaving the pad. Lol

Not to upstage Aerotech, but just now at NARCON they announced two new motors coming to a dealer near you -

IMG_9043.jpg
The J520W reload does not require HAZMAT as there are something like 13 grains cut up into small enough chunks to meet regular shipping requirements. Gary says it'll cost a little more than, say, the J350W but, hey, no $30 HAZMAT fee! And a J motor at that! Looking at the specs, it packs a punch at ignition.

IMG_9042.jpg
The J435WS (WS = Super White Lightning) is a Single Use DMS that should heft some pretty sizable rockets into the upper reaches. Gary says the higher ISP of super white lightning gives you more bang for the motor size.

Not to upstage Aerotech, but just now at NARCON they announced two new motors coming to a dealer near you -

View attachment 313062
The J520W reload does not require HAZMAT as there are something like 13 grains cut up into small enough chunks to meet regular shipping requirements. Gary says it'll cost a little more than, say, the J350W but, hey, no $30 HAZMAT fee! And a J motor at that! Looking at the specs, it packs a punch at ignition.

View attachment 313063
The J435WS (WS = Super White Lightning) is a Single Use DMS that should heft some pretty sizable rockets into the upper reaches. Gary says the higher ISP of super white lightning gives you more bang for the motor size.

I likey, a J with no HAZ!

View attachment 313062

View attachment 313063

The motor uses a 1080 case and only pushes out 714ns of impulse ?

The motor uses a 1080 case and only pushes out 714ns of impulse ?

I was just gonna ask.... thats crazy... What are they, 1" cores?

32960495372_26f050fa0c_o.jpg

So whats the difference between "White Lightning" and "Super White lightning"? Is it the same as Super thunder compared to Blue Thunder?

Back