AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AEROTECH ALL THE WAY!!!! How about some real level 1 and level 2 rockets with recommended motors as is with current fleet.

Just about done with the Monstra, a level 2 capable rocket. Final touches almost done, will debut at NSL this year in Tennessee. I promise to post pictures too!

Any estimate on time for new 24/60 loads? This summer?

Well unfortunately the NAR is unable to test any motors right now so we are looking at other testing alternatives. We have several new loads being held up by the lack of testing so that is what is holding these up. Our hands are tied currently until a resolution is agreed on.

Any news on the single-use baby-O? Will it be available in time for MudRoc? What is the length?

Ari.

Still in development, going through the processes. The motor is 58 3/8" long from tip of the nozzle to the tip of the bulkhead. Several people are interested in this, especially for MudRoc. We may have some to demo by then, not 100% sure though.

Thank you AeroTech for understanding the difficulty in shipping hazmat, and tailoring your reloadable engines to be able to ship. This is especially true in Alaska, where ground shipping is next to impossible, and extremely costly. I have been restricted to 29MM motors. I am Looking forward to trying out the two 38 MM H130W and I180W motors.

I also enjoy supporting a company which produces it's products in the USA.

I am saddened to report that after many years of this sport, I have experienced my first CATO. Unfortunately it was on a single use AeroTech G37 FJ motor purchased locally. It was spectacular, and the model is a total loss. I have e-mailed AeroTech customer service over the weekend and have not received a response back.

Danomite

We do have a dealer in Alaska but I am not sure where he is in relation to your location. Glad to see the benefits of NON-HAZ paying off for the hobby. Sorry to hear about the G37, send an email to [email protected] and Karl will help you out. If Karl hasn't returned your call yet he will, Mondays are typically the busiest days so please be patient. Thanks for the feedback!

We do have a dealer in Alaska but I am not sure where he is in relation to your location. Glad to see the benefits of NON-HAZ paying off for the hobby. Sorry to hear about the G37, send an email to [email protected] and Karl will help you out. If Karl hasn't returned your call yet he will, Mondays are typically the busiest days so please be patient. Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks Charlie, for your super quick response. I have sent you a PM.

Ken,

All 38mm reloads are RMS-PLUS now and ship with adjustable delays so the I600 will come with a long delay that you can adjust to your specific requirements.

Yes indeed, new I600R with RMS-PLUS (among many other 38mm reloads):

i600b_zpsuba1zjgu.jpg

Last edited:
"NAR is unable to test any motors right now"

Is there anything we, as NAR members can do to help this along? You have a product to sell. We want to buy it. NAR is in the middle?

Last edited:
I got the new Sport Rocketry magazine today. On the back cover is a new Aerotech DMS ad. straight forward and shouldnt offend any one.

Charlie or who ever may know. Has there been any updates to the DMS line of motors? Most of all the L thrust ring change?

Charlie or who ever may know. Has there been any updates to the DMS line of motors? Most of all the L thrust ring change?

We have settled on a solution for the thrust ring issue and will begin implementing the changes shortly. An announcement will be made at that time and I will be sure to post it here also.

AT must be getting caught up with there back log. Last order took a few weeks to fill. The current order was placed Monday and I got a Email yesterday that it is getting ready to ship. Gotta love the quicker turn around from the old 4 week average.

AT must be getting caught up with there back log. Last order took a few weeks to fill. The current order was placed Monday and I got a Email yesterday that it is getting ready to ship. Gotta love the quicker turn around from the old 4 week average.

We are now operating much more efficiently so that is definitely helping with the quicker turn-arounds.

Always appreciate you stopping by Charlie, hope the motor certification issues you brought up are resolving themselves satisfactorily. I know this is an AT thread but I was wondering if you had any news about the Quest line and our favorite model rocket motor starters.

Charlie
I flew a AT DMS K535 last Weekend all went perfect. Great motor. And for sure I will purchase more. Anything new coming down the line for DMS motors.

Always appreciate you stopping by Charlie, hope the motor certification issues you brought up are resolving themselves satisfactorily. I know this is an AT thread but I was wondering if you had any news about the Quest line and our favorite model rocket motor starters.

Always glad when I can stop by and get caught up with everyone. The certifications so far are going much better overall.

Quest is next up as I start to get some of these older projects taken care of. There is a lot to do with quest and the q2g2 issue is coming to a resolution shortly. Without giving too much away the new quest motors (made in USA) could have something to do with the Q2 issue. But we are seeing some work arounds.

Charlie
I flew a AT DMS K535 last Weekend all went perfect. Great motor. And for sure I will purchase more. Anything new coming down the line for DMS motors.

Glad you enjoyed that, that size is where we are headed next with DMS...what I call a 3 grain 54DMS. Dark Metal, AT Classic and maybe a super thunder.

Always glad when I can stop by and get caught up with everyone. The certifications so far are going much better overall.

Quest is next up as I start to get some of these older projects taken care of. There is a lot to do with quest and the q2g2 issue is coming to a resolution shortly. Without giving too much away the new quest motors (made in USA) could have something to do with the Q2 issue. But we are seeing some work arounds.

Heaven forbid you give too much away ! :grin: I'll try to be patient as I get down to my last package of Q2s from a 6 year old order. Still some love for Quest out here.

Back