Even smaller than the Raspberry Pi!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpoehlein

Reaction score
Don't know how many of you guys saw this one, but I think it is amazing. I am seriously thinking about joining in on this funding. And, as small as this thing is, I wonder what kind of rocketry applications are possible with it. How about a flight computer that records flight data, controls recovery and then you can pop it out and run Open Rocket on it! And at 9 dollars, it wouldn't be a total tragedy if it was lost, landed in a tree or in a pond! Check it out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer?ref=users

Don't know how many of you guys saw this one, but I think it is amazing. I am seriously thinking about joining in on this funding. And, as small as this thing is, I wonder what kind of rocketry applications are possible with it. How about a flight computer that records flight data, controls recovery and then you can pop it out and run Open Rocket on it! And at 9 dollars, it wouldn't be a total tragedy if it was lost, landed in a tree or in a pond! Check it out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer?ref=users

Very cool, and did you see their goal vs pledged...talk about blowing away your target. I think these guys are going to do well!

Cracking idea but is going to need a breakout board to access the rest of the hardware you need, not that that will be too painful cost wise. By the time you have pressure and a gyro/accelerometer sorted you may be as well to buy off the shelf and save yourself a whole lot of coding heartache. But if you fancy going it alone it sounds like a great platform.

I saw this in another thread and it looks amazingly cool, but sadly I am not smart enough about computers to even comprehend how I would use it.
I would like to get in on it and get a couple anyhow, as I know that if I get one for my Son, he can teach me how to make good use of it.
It would be great if I could get the ten pack, and then when my computer got screwed up I could just throw it away and open a fresh one.
I spent $372 on my current PC, which is refurbished and with tech support two towns away, after my other one served me for bout 6 years.
A handfull of these things would likely last me a lifetime.

Back