Jet Hitch Thrusters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The site says they are part of RCS.

6000 lb truck with 100 lbs thrust, 1/60th G, wild and crazy!!

M

A lot of truth there. I see no purpose to this. All I see is potential for negative here. Some monkey hooks one up to their truck and lights it off when very close to the motor. The other option, and you know it is likely to happen, is some bozo has one in their vehicle and pops it in traffic.

I see no positive in this.

Supposedly all of these prices include hazmat but all of the product are unavailable. But from their site:

stars_5.png

Yes! - Bubba - 05/16/2015
Now I can finally torch the jerk tailgating me!

​Just what we need.

These prices DO NOT include hazmat!!

There's a bottom line here. And it's always the same one. It's all about the money. If AT is producing a motor that is not meant for rocketry, it may very well be an avenue for them to sell product. Sure, we recognize them as a rocketry oriented company, but lets face it. They might think there is value in an alternative market. One that is not as regulated. This is only a hypothesis, but it is a business way of looking at it. Still, it would indeed make a bad reflection on the hobby. [ HOLDS UP REVOLT FLAG]

There will also be that jerk that is angry at his cheatin' woman and decides to use his "Twenty Thrusters" to torch her car, but when the fuel cell explodes will earn himself a Darwin Award to boot.

Hey, I had the idea first. We needed something heavy to hold a sparky motor to measure how far the sparks traveled. My truck was available. However, it was parked.

fixture.jpg

I emailed Gary Rosenfield about this- here is his response

"Hi Mark,
The Jet Hitch product was originally targeted for the vehicular exhibition industry (monster trucks, jet boats) but we wanted to see what the initial interest would be among the public and also gather some initial feedback from the Rocketry community.
Our General Manager, Charlie Savoie (forum username ATGM), will be on the forum tomorrow to answer questions about not only the Jet Hitch products but also other concerns regarding AeroTech. This includes such issues as the website, catalog and hardware. We are aware of the issues and we are listening to the hobby rocketry community. In the meantime we are monitoring social media and the forum for as much feedback as possible. The jet hitch store can be accessed but purchasing is disabled. No jet hitch motors have been sold.

Please feel free to post this message in its entirety or paraphrase it if you see fit. Charlie will be online at 12 noon MST.

Gary Rosenfield
Survival Laser, Inc."

"Hi Mark,
The Jet Hitch product was originally targeted for the vehicular exhibition industry (monster trucks, jet boats) but we wanted to see what the initial interest would be among the public and also gather some initial feedback from the Rocketry community.
Our General Manager, Charlie Savoie (forum username ATGM), will be on the forum tomorrow to answer questions about not only the Jet Hitch products but also other concerns regarding AeroTech. This includes such issues as the website, catalog and hardware. We are aware of the issues and we are listening to the hobby rocketry community. In the meantime we are monitoring social media and the forum for as much feedback as possible. The jet hitch store can be accessed but purchasing is disabled. No jet hitch motors have been sold.

Please feel free to post this message in its entirety or paraphrase it if you see fit. Charlie will be online at 12 noon MST.

Gary Rosenfield
Survival Laser, Inc."

Thank goodness none have been sold to the idiotic masses yet! I actually feel much better now.

But then again, I am a little suspicious about that for a response. Hmmm...
Having been to certain "Exhibition Shows", I can say that these folks already have Smoke, Fire and Noise handled pretty well, and have both the training and experience to operate their "Exhibition Vehicles" safely.

Oh, and this Video is much cooler IMO:

[video]https://grrc.goodwood.com/festival-of-speed/latest/video-legendary-28-litre-fiat-s76-driven-for-the-first-time-in-100-years#Gv06jx8DutseibZe.97[/video]

Last edited:
, The Jet Hitch product was originally targeted for the vehicular exhibition industry (monster trucks, jet boats) but we wanted to see what the initial interest would be among the public and also gather some initial feedback from the Rocketry community.

Gary Rosenfield
Survival Laser, Inc."

Sounds like the usual cover line to me. I don't buy it for one second.

yea they're watching facebook.... and deleting posts as fast as they go up.

You know what?
Aerotech must be being run by a real bunch of Morons to have ever even thought that this was a good idea. PERIOD.
I'm pretty sure their product line could disappear from my items and I could only be the better off for it.
I'm going to stick with my Boycott regardless of whether the were seriously considering releasing these to the public or not.
They made me mad, and that's more than enough to sour them in my book.
There are other manufacturers that chose not to do something so stupid, and it looks like I'll finally have to use reloadables from CTI Pro 24.
I'm glad I only have a single E20-4 from AT. I'll launch it with spite, and as an honor to the company that I used to think was cool.:(

Oh, and I'm totally not going to wear my Aerotech Hat ever again. I guess it is good I never found the "As Pictured" Version from their catalog.
Those will be a dime a dozen now as folks at launches will discuss how Aerotech put the Hobby at risk with their IDIOCY.
How dare they!

Last edited:
yea they're watching facebook.... and deleting posts as fast as they go up.

I wonder how much this is costing them?

Someone to be constantly cleaning up facebook (my post there got erased) plus all the ire from the rocketry community

Of course, with us being a niche market there are probably a whole bunch more people willing to let their friend "hold the beer - I want to try something..."

Having been to certain "Exhibition Shows", I can say that these folks already have Smoke, Fire and Noise handled pretty well, and have both the training and experience to operate their "Exhibition Vehicles" safely

Sounds like the usual cover line to me. I don't buy it for one second.

I kind of get his reply, but it has that back-pedal feel to it. On a positive note, I am happy to see that AT are responsive and going to discuss other issues some have brought up like the catalog etc.

As a business owner, finding a niche product or service that gets traction is typically a challenge. So it's not unusual to throw out an idea to a test market, however this one has the look of a product launch. I don't begrudge AT for that, they are entitled to test other markets for their wares. However as we have discussed it does not take a rocket scientist to see where this product would go, and because of that AT is arguably risking what others in our hobby have fought for...this is where I feel that AT need to explain themselves.

Last edited:
Well we won't get any help from the NAR the way it looks. This is not an NAR topic according to Ted. If you wish to post your view on the matter do it now the thread is being deleted tomorrow, and they don't want anything about the subject coming back. Facebook.

Last edited:

"Hi Mark,

Gary Rosenfield
Survival Laser, Inc."

The legitimate exhibition market already has professional pyrotechnics available. This is definitely not the way to tap that market.

So the options I see are:

motor testing dodge - believable, but totally stupid. fail.

Monster truck pyro - too expensive, and not as impressive as fireworks. fail.

April fools joke, late - God i hope so, but all it did is piss people off. fail.

Redneck pyro - then why add thrustcurves? Not buying it, and even if it was real, too short a burn, way too dangerous. Fail.

This entire thing has no possibility of doing anything good, no matter what it's actual intent. Who the hell concocted this failed abortion of a marketing ploy?

Last edited:
Does AMW still do the Aerotech hardware trade in? You know, trade in your Aerotech hardware for CTI hardware. If so how can I trade in all my AT hardware for CTI?

Well we won't get any help from the NAR the way it looks. This is not an NAR topic according to Ted. If you wish to post your view on the matter do it now the thread is being deleted tomorrow, and they don't want anything about the subject coming back. Facebook.

Sounds a bit political to me. I am not sure why the president of NAR does not believe that the potential product launch by a well known hobby rocketry vendor selling HPR motors to anyone 18, encouraging them to stick it on the beck of their vehicle for kicks, is not a NAR concern.

If it's not a concern for NAR, or Tripoli or any other governing body that is involved in this hobby then I am not sure whose concern it should be. These organizations solely exist for the membership and the hobby. I think you NAR members need to send a clear message to Mr Tom Cochran with your vote when the board is up for reelection as you need someone in place that is not afraid to stand up and fight for the hobby!

We all know damn well they will be flying as well. With anyone over 18 being able to purchase them, they will be up there flying around without waivers, launched from back yards, flying through houses, setting fires etc. etc. etc..

We all know damn well they will be flying as well. With anyone over 18 being able to purchase them, they will be up there flying around without waivers, launched from back yards, flying through houses, setting fires etc. etc. etc..

Oh come on. you act like kids do stupid stuff just to record it on youtube and share it with all their friends.

The only likely reason they would do such a thing (consperecy theory) is that they were paid by the Govm't to do it, fully untouchable thew lawsuits in order for the Govm't to increase their revenue.
Or something along that line. It's only going to take ONE (1) incident to bring the rath of the Govm't God down on this!
Todays Headline: 5 year follows neighbors truck down their street only to have his head burnt completely off for rocket engine mounted to trucks trailer towing device, used as advertised.
To bad the kids head didn't stick above the tail gate so he could be seen.
I can not see any REAL company associated with rocket motors and of all knowledge of the rocket community doing this volentarely.
Phone calls need to be made to the appropriate places and have this stopped before all goes wrong!

A lot of truth there. I see no purpose to this. All I see is potential for negative here. Some monkey hooks one up to their truck and lights it off when very close to the motor. The other option, and you know it is likely to happen, is some bozo has one in their vehicle and pops it in traffic.

I see no positive in this.

Rocket streetluge.

Oh come on. you act like kids do stupid stuff just to record it on youtube and share it with all their friends.

K Motor in someones High School Locker? Triggered on opening for the sake of Youtube infamy.

K Motor in someones High School Locker? Triggered on opening for the sake of Youtube infamy.

Having had first hand experience with high school stupidity.. I wouldn't put it past them. :facepalm:

Nate

Is there a way to have the Tripoli BoD candidates weigh in on this before I cast my vote?

Back