Jet Hitch Thrusters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty sure my local AT vendor would love to pick up CTI, however I believe he cannot due to an exclusive agreement between CTI and my local CTI vendor, and the two vendors don't play nice. I wonder if Loki is an option for him in Canada. Good time to plant the seed!

CTI won't sell direct to me as I have 2 dealers within 150 miles of me. But I can buy from a larger dealer who gives me a bit of a discount so I can make gas money.

Okay, its drag race time.
View attachment 263350

I saw the pic a few months ago when I toured Aerotech. Okay, thats cool and whatever but I didn't think they'd turn it into a product, much less an entirely different devision of RCS.
I think this will die pretty quickly. I don't think AT anticipated the response they would get from the community. All the posts on the FB page, the TRA email thread, THIS thread will probably be enough to make them reconsider.

Alex

Did you feel a little ooozzee at all after your plant tour?? Maybe they need a better ventilation system there, somethings f%&*ing up their brains.

Last edited:
Nope, I'm not, in fact, assuming that anyone buying this would have any interest in safety. It was just an update- something new going on, so Ifigured I'd post it. I have updated said post to better reflect my intentions.

Nate

I get it I am a bit tongue and cheek anyway. Seems like the noise in this forum and other sources is having an immediate effect, this is a good sign.

I get it I am a bit tongue and cheek anyway. Seems like the noise in this forum and other sources is having an immediate effect, this is a good sign.

I hope so, this is generating some definite angst. Its only been posted here for 6 hours and already 97 posts....

The thing to remember is this isn't a serious product for people to put on trucks. Even dumbasses aren't going to spend $70 to go "pop" for a second on the rear of the truck.

The entire point of this is they thought we'd all buy them up, skirt the safety rules and fly them as EX.

I hope they're getting the message.

Idiots who want effects on their trucks make their exhaust pipes shoot flames on demand, they don't pay for single use propellant. If they could have left the thrust rings on and still called them non-rocket products I bet they would have. They've even recommended flyers remove and rebond the thrust ring on the L1000 DMS motors, I bet they figure we'll just add a thrust ring to these and fly them... I think it would go a long way for Tripoli to denounce this and refuse to accept them as EX motors for their insurance purposes.

Has there been ANY evidence of them marketing this to the redneck truck crowd?

DeHate is going to need a new drill bit after I see him next if this keeps up.....

I also notice these are half the price of comparable reloads and a third cheaper than dms motors probably because of saving on certifying procedures and and ejection components, and unlike they're rocket motors they are being sold direct online. Seems like a end run around there vendors too.

pricing was probably bait. If it worked I doubt they'd stay so low. Of course, we didn't bite.... Has anyone tried to buy one?

LDRS should make a dedicated E rack for hitch thrusters... Would go something like this:

"On pad E4 we have John Smith with an L1000 on his Toyota Camry. Should be a good burn. We're going with John's car in 5, 4, 3,2,1... " Motor CATOs and car is engulfed in flames.

Last edited:
You know who’s going to love these is the “Rolling Coal” crowd. Guys who spend thousands to modify their diesel trucks so they can blow black smoke out of their exhaust. For someone that spends that much for some black smoke, another $70 is nothing. There’s plenty of videos on Youtube of them laying it on cars behind them, specifically police and hybrids. Those are the types that will buy this. And they ultimately won’t hurt themselves or damage their own property. It’ll be someone else. [video=youtube;JGYc0wCP7oQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGYc0wCP7oQ[/video]

At any rate, it’s only a matter of time before someone does something really stupid and AT gets sued out of business. After that the problem will be gone, I guess.

LDRS should make a dedicated E rack for hitch thrusters... Would go something like this:

"On pad E4 we have John Smith with an L1000 on his Toyota Camry. Should be a good burn. We're going with John's car in 5, 4, 3,2,1... " Motor CATOs and car is engulfed in flames.

If it rains we could use them to get people out of the lot.....

honestly.... I think this has to be a joke that blew up in their faces. they should have come out and said so when it turned south on them.

AT K535, 1434ns /745g propellant, $129.99
JH K340, 1320ns / 718g propellant, $69.99

Seems like hobby rocketry consumers are getting screwed over!

I can't believe they thought this was a good idea. this could easily end them as well as the hobby. one hurt kid, one dead father, one wildfire and it's all over. makes you wonder if they are already done and just trying this as a last ditch effort to stay afloat. This is going to be the biggest boost CTI and LOKI have ever seen.

Supposedly all of these prices include hazmat but all of the product are unavailable. But from their site:

stars_5.png

Yes! - Bubba - 05/16/2015
Now I can finally torch the jerk tailgating me!

​Just what we need.

I just read through this entire thread, with beer in hand mind you. One thing occurred to me... Maybe this was supposed to be an April Fools joke, but was just backlogged in manufacturing.

Some little Kid is going to steal mommies credit card and try to use these on his homemade Iron Man suit.:y:

I can't believe they thought this was a good idea. this could easily end them as well as the hobby. one hurt kid, one dead father, one wildfire and it's all over. makes you wonder if they are already done and just trying this as a last ditch effort to stay afloat. This is going to be the biggest boost CTI and LOKI have ever seen.

Like i said.... this is starting to point to joke..... But really if they posted it, we all laugh, they laugh, and it's a good old time.

But they post it, insist they're serious, people lose their minds, they still insist they're serious...... Just seems dumb to me to piss off your customers.

Take some of the time you spend doing stupid **** like this and update the damn catalog.

The products were available earlier but are now all unavailable. Either the interest has been overwhelming and they sold out which I doubt, or they pulled everything to rethink this product line. I hope it's the second one.

I used the contact me on the Jethitch site to leave a complaint

I agree with everyone this is foolhardy for AT and someone is going to get hurt - and then what???

What are they thinking????? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I just read through this entire thread, with beer in hand mind you. One thing occurred to me... Maybe this was supposed to be an April Fools joke, but was just backlogged in manufacturing.

Unfortunately it was not a joke when I called and spoke with them directly earlier on in the thread. They may try to take that position now but at the very least if it was supposed to be a joke the person I spoke with @ extension 2#, whom I believe was in sales, was unaware that it was a joke and even went as far as to defend and explain the rational behind the product.

Take some of the time you spend doing stupid **** like this and update the damn catalog.

x2

Last edited:
Can you immagine the idiot that puts like 10 Trailer Hitch Mounts on the back of his Chevy Monte Carlo, because for like $1000 he can be really cool.
He could light them in sequence, or all at once.:wink:
Mount Trailer Hitches on the front of your Vehicle to use rockets in emergencies as Brakes.:wink:
Retro Rockets to aid in turning manuevers.
Build your own Batmobile for real.:facepalm:

Aerotech is trying to appeal to Mad Max fans.

I am more than a little bummed my Subaru doesn't have a trailer hitch. On the plus side, it looks like I am going to be able to pick up some cases on the cheap.

Can you immagine the idiot that puts like 10 Trailer Hitch Mounts on the back of his Chevy Monte Carlo, because for like $1000 he can be really cool.
He could light them in sequence, or all at once.:wink:
Mount Trailer Hitches on the front of your Vehicle to use rockets in emergencies as Brakes.:wink:

Yeah, this isn't a safety hazard, it's a bone-a-fide safety device!
:rolleyes:

Nate

And then there is the potential to create meyham by doing stupid stuff like backing up to a Mail Box or Fire Hydrant and vaporizing it with a rocket motor.
Cutting a hole in a chainlink fence.
Parking the vehicle in a flammable area and igniting remotely is a real possibility too.
Aerotech needs to ditch this idea, as the possible outcomes are potentially quite horrible.

Last edited:
Back